big news for Springsteen fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is beyond belief how good these shows are :applaud: I may need to see it again!
Glad to hear you had fun! How cool he played Long Time Coming I'm jealous!!! I bet that sounded great! And is his son looking more and more like him?:yes:

The view from my seat - these were the only pictures I could take, since security was being very watchful.

14trmmv.jpg

14tsdn9.jpg

At one point they came up to me during Atlantic City telling me to put my phone away. I wasn't even taking pictures - just calling someone so they could hear the song. :angry:

There were so many highlights I can't even begin to list them all... Atlantic City was pretty cool, and the new version of Further On (Up The Road) was interesting, but very good, as well. I loved every last minute of it - it was really fucking cool and I'd see him do this type of show again in a heartbeat. :up:

One more thing - I said it the first time I saw him and I'll say it again - the man is FINE. :combust: I don't care if he's my dad 's age, he's still got it. All of us girls in the front pretty much looked like this :drool: whenever he came over to us. :lol:

Nightsong said:
It is beyond belief how good these shows are :applaud: I may need to see it again!
Glad to hear you had fun! How cool he played Long Time Coming I'm jealous!!! I bet that sounded great! And is his son looking more and more like him?:yes:

Last night's show was so much fun ... the most fun I've ever had at a Bruce show, and I've seen seven of them. The new band's versions of Cadillac Ranch and Open All Night are incredible. I only wish I could see the show again.

FYI: I posted a review of the show in my Interference journal.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
The view from my seat - these were the only pictures I could take, since security was being very watchful.

Wow, you were very close. That must have been awesome.

Very cool how everyone who is getting out to these shows are loving them just as much as I did...

:up:

phanan said:

Wow, you were very close. That must have been awesome.

Very cool how everyone who is getting out to these shows are loving them just as much as I did...

:up:

It certainly was. :wink:

It was really great to see the crowd so into it. I mean, it's pretty near impossible to NOT have a great time at a Springsteen show, but still, pretty damn cool. :yes:

According to an interview with Clarence at the game last night:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2006/06/19/a14c_24seconds_0619.html
When are we going to see you with the E Street Band?
Who? I don't know. Bruce (Springsteen) is out doing his thing right now. He said the other day there'll be a new tour in '07.

Will be interesting! Big fan of all the classics but I really love hearing all this new stuff from Bruce! And seeing him havig so much fun :drool: It'll definitely help fill in the gap waiting for the next U2 tour......

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm sure it was fine, but i prefer him with the e-street

Headache, as a long-time Springsteen fan, I'd dearly love to see at least one more E Street Band album and tour.

But the SSB show I saw was just so much fun .... I'd love to be able to see it again, too.

latest Rolling Stone magazine - Eddie Vedder article

But it was yet another of Vedder's famous friends who would help him resolve the central drama of his life. Vedder's mother was in the middle of a painful divorce from Mueller when she told Eddie, then seventeen, the truth about his parentage. Vedder and Mueller were already at odds -- at one point, he has alleged, his stepfather pushed him down a flight of stairs. (Mueller has denied it.) As a kid, Vedder tells me, he used to cope with his pain over that relationship by going to a park with his guitar and singing a song by one of his heroes, Bruce Springsteen -- "Independence Day," the tale of a father and son parting ways: "There was just no way this house could hold the two of us." On 2004's Vote for Change Tour, Vedder finally became close with Springsteen.

One night, Vedder and Springsteen -- who famously worked out his own father issues in his music -- stood on a Manhattan rooftop, drinking tequila. "We were talking politics, and then got into family politics, of which we'd experienced a great deal and had a lot in common. It was a pretty intense conversation," Vedder says, haltingly. "He exposed me to some truths that he'd processed in a healthy way, that for me were still in a diseaselike state. He helped me cure some things I had been living with for a long time."

That night, Vedder told Springsteen how he used to play "Independence Day" and how his music had affected him. "You helped me as a voice coming from a piece of vinyl," he told him. "Now you helped to put it away by being a human being in front of me."

Not long after the conversation with Springsteen, Vedder attended the wedding of one of his brothers. There, he came face to face with his stepfather for the first time since the Eighties. "When I finally had to meet that guy again, Bruce was the one who got me in the right space to handle it," he says. "I have three younger brothers -- if it affected them that I didn't have a relationship with this guy, that was enough reason to forgive and resolve things. I didn't want them to be torn between the two of us."

Last edited:
phanan said:
I have to read that entire article still.

And I hope he does some more dates before this style of show disappears, perhaps forever...

Noooo, it can't disappear! Nooooo! Don't even say that! You want to give Springsteen ideas? :sad:

As long as there's a horn section, a piano, a banjo player, and couple of fiddlers and a singer/guitarist like Chocolate Genius around somewhere, Bruce will play the SSB type of show. :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom