Big Brother 9 (US)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slipstream

Refugee
That's right, it's back early!!! And it's premiering Tuesday, 12 February at 9/8c as a non-summer but regular Big Brother. Next episodes would begin airing on Wednesday, 13 Feb at 8/7c, and Sunday, 17 Feb 8/7c.

Reports of an early season of Big Brother surfaced when the 2007 Writers Guild of America strike began. Early speculation included that the winter edition could have been an American version of Celebrity Big Brother but this was untrue as CBS released a statement that the next edition of Big Brother would be a regular season following the format of past editions. Casting began November 17 and finish December 8.

***Rumour*** Big Brother 10 will start in June and be made up of semi popular movie stars. Rob and Amber Mariano are rumoured once again to be casted on Big Brother 10. This is a rumour only and found at Jokers.

Chen-bot to return as the Host!

Right now it's only on the CBS front page - www.cbs.com

Last edited:
Some possible spoilers linked through Survivor Sucks and somewhere at Jokers. Who knows how real they are but some of them sound good.

***Big Brother 9 After Dark is getting axed in favor of a having Sequester house filmed. The sequester house will be filmed by a regular TV crew it will not be a 24Hour live feed. The show will air on ShowTime from midnight to 3 AM on a daily basis.

***In a recent interview with Alison Grodner it was confirmed that there will be no America's player. "That's really hard to do twice," Grodner said. "Anyone coming to be a part of 'Big Brother' this year would know about it and we'd hate to have people act differently because they think that the viewers are in control. … That doesn't mean that it couldn't return in some other way, but doing exactly what we did again, no."

***There will be no link between the players.

***Due to last seasons prolific rule breaking Big Brother 9 may institute a 3 Strikes rule, and any contestant who knowingly or unknowingly breaks 3 of the golden rules, is called to the DR and summarily dumped without a word to the other HGs, then replaced by an alternate HG. Strict lights out policy and wake up times. Serious regimentation. Chores. Etc…. Almost to the point where the season would be referred to as Big Brother Boot Camp.

***Go back to the nominees picking someone they want to play them in the POV, as opposed the picking a "blessed by god ping pong ball". If that person the nominee selected wins the Power of Veto they have to take you off the block.

***Outgoing Head of Household is allowed to play for the following weeks HOH

http://bloggerz67.wordpress.com/2007/11/30/big-brother-rumors-and-spoilers/

I think this will be going up against American Idol which might not bode to well for them. Jericho though will be following BB on Wednesday nights.

Slipstream said:

***Due to last seasons prolific rule breaking Big Brother 9 may institute a 3 Strikes rule, and any contestant who knowingly or unknowingly breaks 3 of the golden rules, is called to the DR and summarily dumped without a word to the other HGs, then replaced by an alternate HG. Strict lights out policy and wake up times. Serious regimentation. Chores. Etc…. Almost to the point where the season would be referred to as Big Brother Boot Camp.

I don't like the sound of that.

***Go back to the nominees picking someone they want to play them in the POV, as opposed the picking a "blessed by god ping pong ball". If that person the nominee selected wins the Power of Veto they have to take you off the block.

***Outgoing Head of Household is allowed to play for the following weeks HOH

I do like the sound of that...unless, of course, a houseguest I hate keeps winning HOH. :laugh:

Tonight's the Prem, who's watching and who's got feeds?!

I just signed up for my 5th year in a row with feeds and thank god the price has not changed since last year. And it's great for me cause the Canadian $ is equal to the US now!

never saw it but a friend of mine worked on the set over the summer [he wants to be a directore] b/c his uncle i think is one of the producers

I've watched every season, but I don't think I'll be watching this one. First, it conflicts with American Idol. :mad: Second, from the bits and pieces I did see when I was switching back and forth, I didn't like it. It seems like a singles bar, I didn't care for it. :shrug:

I hate to say it but for the first time ever I don't think I'll be watching much of this BB. It's kind of reminding me of Paradise Hotel and perhaps CBS has really screwed this up. I thought having the 40 something lady would add some balance to the scene but she seems absolutely horrible. How disgusting of her to say in front of her "partner" that she wanted somebody that was "tall, dark, and handsome".

I'll give it a go but you're right, it conflicts with American Idol! Or will AI be on at 8 and BB at 9 normally?

I'm not sure how the normal schedule will go once Hollywood week is over on Idol, it's possible that they soon won't conflict (Big Brother is also on Sunday nights, I think).

But I'm feeling the same way you are about this season. Kind of disappointing!

I get 3 hours live on showtime every night

and I did watch most of it (with the dvr - tivo) last year

evil dick and Danielle held my interest with some of the others

I did watch about 1 1/2 hour on showtime last night

and this group is too similar to hold my interest

it reminds me a bit of that old mtv series with all the 20 somethings living in the same house

Slipstream said:
I thought having the 40 something lady would add some balance to the scene but she seems absolutely horrible. How disgusting of her to say in front of her "partner" that she wanted somebody that was "tall, dark, and handsome".

I guess she still thinks she is a 25 year old model

but, that guy was picking his nose on national tv
and he did walk out of the john pulling his zipper up

so he is a nose picker that does not wash his hands after the bathroom:huh:

The guy is kind of gross but she sure wasn't smart about it after being there for a couple of hours. I reckon she/he will be toast tonight. And I like how the dating couple are separated from each other so now they can form a formidable alliance with their respected partners without anyone knowing.

btw...I found her Penthouse pics.....hmm

Last edited:
OMG Showtime scored with one of the biggest fights I have seen in the history of this show. WOW

Dreadsox said:
OMG Showtime scored with one of the biggest fights I have seen in the history of this show. WOW
one of the biggest is right

don't forget last season with evil dick , the donatos

I am watching some of showtime
this year

last year was much better

When was this fight? Wasn't that blonde in the background the one that was sent home last week?

what did this girl do to deserve such an attack by the whole house??? especially this Josh dude...to me HE is the bigger asshole....he is so angry!! yikes!

Why do they sensor out the punk guy's arm? What kind of tattoo does he have?

Back
Top Bottom