Big Brother 8 (US): It's That Time Of Year Again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Official Web Site With Cast Photos/Information

Fliptastic Fan Site With Early Photos Of The New House (Alice In Wonderland Theme!)

Twist is incredibly cringeworthy. Rivals of some of the contestants will be in the house. It's already been deduced that two are college cheerleading enemies, and a father and his somewhat estranged daughter. BB4 redux?

Also, this blows because:

1) BB3 was the last season where some contestants didn't know each other beforehand. X-Factor, twin beasts, summer of secrets, All-Stars...

2) It also means that half of the cast are people that were listed on someone else's application as "an enemy"...in other words, not only did they not apply, but some have probably never even seen the show. :|

I do like the freaktastic Alice In Wonderland house, however. That miniature bedroom should be quite a nuisance.

Yeah it blows over here too :|

They send in intruders like every two days, two many twists.

Plus all the housemates are about as entertaining as listening to John Hewson. :|

I confess I never watched this show until all stars last year...and there's no way I can get into a BB without Chilltown :(

COBL_04, I take it you're from Australia? I'm in agreement concerning that version, it's always blown, mostly because the public votes out anyone remotely entertaining.

But the UK version of BB is one of the greatest reality shows of all time. Only once (BB4) did they manage to not have a flat out amazing cast.

BigMacPhisto said:
COBL_04, I take it you're from Australia? I'm in agreement concerning that version, it's always blown, mostly because the public votes out anyone remotely entertaining.

But the UK version of BB is one of the greatest reality shows of all time. Only once (BB4) did they manage to not have a flat out amazing cast.

Yes, over here the public have left us with about 10 of the most boring people I have ever seen. The ones that sunbathe ALLL day and talk about dead ends.... :scream:

Wow, the UK version is actually good is it? :eek:

OK...so I watched tonight.....seems like a strange mix of peeps...I mean, why would a mother of 3 with several "successful" businesses feel the need to apply for this show in the 1st place? and her words when she is packing to go "I need to take my bible" :huh:
The Father/Daughter thing looks like it may be interesting though

Joe is really irritating. A camera whore beyond words, I can tell that he's a reality television fanatic, so he's going to do as much posturing, acting, and spewing of catty quotes in order to keep the focus on him. Worse, if he outlasts Dustin, the boyfriend who he lies about, cheats on, and turns all of his friends against...well, that will leave me with a really sick feeling in my stomach.

Good cast though. I could tell BB4 and BB5 would be lousy from the onset, whereas BB2/BB3/BB6 all had great premieres. We should be in for an interesting couple of months.

I'm wondering what exactly happened between the father and daughter. So far, it's sounding like the daughter is being the brat who wouldn't get in touch with him, but is it because of something he did? :shrug:

The house is so cool. :love:

ok

there are three hours of live feed on Showtime Too every night.

And I did TIVO and watch it last night.

Joe is more annoying than Dustin

and Dustin seems like a better person.

Joe will not be first one out

Two girls get nominated

there is the POV to go

so, i guess Joe could get put up.

The daughter and father got a lot of air time (they do not interact)

the daughter seems like a decent person to me.

my guess is that the Dad was missing in action until she grew up

He seems like the type of guy that would hit on her friends

Jen wears a ten year old's bikini the whole time

The football player, seems like he could be bi-sexual, just my impression

the kid in advertising is a big flirt with the younger girls

oh, and it looks like they are eating slop, already

I don't think I wrote any real spoilers

11.36am Friday. Feeds are back but I don't think they did the POV yet. The Noms were yesterday but I won't give it away.

It's hard not to give away spoilers for those that don't have the feeds. Alliances have formed though and the "6" could possibly have something going. And apparently they have been in the house since the 30th which would explain all the vid shots we saw at the end of last nights show. Also on the feeds they talk of one another like they've know each other for awhile.

My favourites so far are Dick and Dustin. The one's I don't like are Joe, Nick, and Jen. It's a bit early and I'm still sorting out who's who.

I agree about the daughter...she seemed superficial at 1st , but now I think she genuinely was hurt to see her father show up. I liked Carol from the get go...but not her rival.*can't think of her name...don't have the feed so appreciate the effort not to spoil...but was surprised to see all the footage of the housemates at the end of the show...it does look like they have been in the house for awhile

As usual, I’m not particularly excited about the casting for BB8. I almost never like any of the houseguests at first sight. They always seem vaguely sleazy to me. This season is no exception. I don’t like the stereotypes of gays and Christians, I don’t care for the clone-like male “hunks” and female “hotties”. I especially dislike the lack of diversity in the cast—especially after having seen two very successful seasons of Survivor with diverse casts and many seasons of Amazing Race. Poor Jameka. She doesn’t have a chance, mark my words.

But, I imagine that over time, at least some of the cast members will grow on me. They always manage to (well, with the exception of BB4. That season was so repulsive.). And it may not be the ones I expect. I thought I might like Carol (as she’s one of the few women who seemed—at least at first glance--to have some substance), but against all odds Danielle has proved to be the first person I've felt sympathetic to. Could it be that once again an unlikely blonde with a name that ends in "elle" once again earns my loyalty? Or maybe I just find her father Dick to be so annoying that she seems sympathetic by comparison.

I don’t know what to make of America’s Player. I don’t find Eric a very compelling representative to be frank.

The enemies thing is lame.

Daddysgonnapay said:
I agree about the daughter...she seemed superficial at 1st , but now I think she genuinely was hurt to see her father show up. I liked Carol from the get go...but not her rival.*can't think of her name...don't have the feed so appreciate the effort not to spoil...but was surprised to see all the footage of the housemates at the end of the show...it does look like they have been in the house for awhile

I don't have the feeds either, but might I recommend the Jokers Updates forum? They have daily recaps by faithful feed watchers that are way better than the show itself in my opinion. Plus feed watchers are constantly posting minute by minute updates of what's happening in the house. It's free and it's more than enough for someone like me who is a fan, but not enough of one to actually take the time and money to watch the feeds myself. I'm grateful for the Jokers who do watch the feeds-and write about it--so I don't have to.

Series: My So-Called Life
Duration: 1 Year

Series: Arrested Development
Duration: 3 Years

Series: American Dreams

Series: Freaks And Geeks
Duration: Less Than 1 Year

Series: Once And Again

Series: Sports Night
Duration: 2 Years

Series: Joan Of Arcadia
Duration: 2 Years

Series: Studio 60
Duration: Less Than 1 Year

Series: Big Brother
Duration: [size=+4]7 Years Now[/size]

Moral: People think too much when trying to disprove the existence of God.

Big Brother US kicks ass!

Chilltown was the best thing that ever happened to the show but...

On this new season Jessica seems like a sweetheart and Dick seems cool (although a bit of a Tommy Lee wannabe)

I will be watching intensely...

Will was the best thing to ever happen to the show, not ChillTown. Will flying solo from mid-BB2 on > Will with Booger in BB7.

Although, Will's game in All Stars was far more impressive considering that he now had to play with stronger competitors, the veto, and the biggest target on his back.

namkcuR, you've listed some great shows that unfortunately died before their time, but BB is one of the better reality shows. You either like reality television or you don't. Deal with it.

My favorite this season is most definitely Jen. Her rear is spiritual fufillment. :drool:

but was surprised to see all the footage of the housemates at the end of the show...it does look like they have been in the house for awhile

They've done that for plenty of seasons now. Gives them time to make sure everything is working properly and have most of the material for the next episode ready way beforehand. I do wish we could have things a bit closer though. It's a little annoying that the veto competition happens on Friday and we don't see the results on television until Tuesday.

Last edited:
Daddysgonnapay said:
cool...where do I find the Jokers Updates forum?:|

Oh, yeah. Sorry about that.

www.jokersupdates.com

It's not a link (I've been too lazy to figure out how to post links) so you'll have to type in the url the old fashioned way.

Jen crying over her picture was one of the most annoying things I have ever witnessed on that show...maybe just in general as well. I was hoping that she and Joe would be nominated, but I guess that wouldn't be "fair". :rolleyes:

Bonochick said:
Jen crying over her picture was one of the most annoying things I have ever witnessed on that show...maybe just in general as well. I was hoping that she and Joe would be nominated, but I guess that wouldn't be "fair". :rolleyes:

Agreed. That was just really pathetic. . .talk about self-absorbed.

I can't wait to be rid of her and Jessica and Joe. I find those three just supremely grating. And based on what I'm hearing about the feeds Carol's not so great either though that hasn't shown up in the show (so far). Another thing that's not showing up on the show that is coming from the feed watchers is Nick ambiguous sexuality, apparently.

I'm kinda liking Jameka though. She seems to be handling her position as token minority (which HAS to be frustrating) with grace and actually keeping a low profile (but not so low that she's viewed as "keeping to herself" which has historically proven to be a mortal sin on all reality shows). I'm rooting for her. My likability rating for Danielle remains steady so far. So far Dick has proved to be less evil than he claims to be, but no less ridiculous than he appears to be. It's pretty clear he's been no kind of father to her and that considered, she's handling herself well.

In reality tv over the years we have seen a lot of self-absorbed, intelligence deficient, losers, but this Jen moron would really have to take the cake.

The absurdity of even covering it up makes no sense. Everyone in the house already knows what she looks like and would obviously take a look at the photo anyway. And she's a nanny?? Let's hope she is out of that profession because I would not want such a shallow tart like that around my children.

Slipstream said:
The absurdity of even covering it up makes no sense. Everyone in the house already knows what she looks like and would obviously take a look at the photo anyway.

Did you see the photo? It had a thing by her eye that wasn't really there!:giggle:

Back
Top Bottom