Big Brother 8 (US): It's That Time Of Year Again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dick. Has. Got. To. Go.

Period.

These assholes producing BB8 are despicable for keeping him around.

I'm glad Dick is in, he's made the show interesting. Could you imagine if he wasn't on the show how dreadfully boring it would be. And the other thing to is that this is a gameshow, let's not forget that, and Dick is completely within in the rules of the game regardless if people personally don't like his actions.

What's the difference between the Nerd Herd cowering in the HOH bad mouthing Dick and Dani with things like they're incestuous or Dick openly expressing his feelings to their face? Indeed he is a pig and his language is over the top but I'd rather have an honest Dick than little twirps like Amber and Eric spewing their hatred behind my back.

sindaddy said:

Dick might realize that it's probably him and Danielle going up for eviction this week with Jessica as HOH. If he makes everyone really hate him this week, then his daughter could stay.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Dick is a lowlife.
I wonder what's going to happen with the POV this week.

Slipstream said:
I'm glad Dick is in, he's made the show interesting. Could you imagine if he wasn't on the show how dreadfully boring it would be. And the other thing to is that this is a gameshow, let's not forget that, and Dick is completely within in the rules of the game regardless if people personally don't like his actions.

What's the difference between the Nerd Herd cowering in the HOH bad mouthing Dick and Dani with things like they're incestuous or Dick openly expressing his feelings to their face? Indeed he is a pig and his language is over the top but I'd rather have an honest Dick than little twirps like Amber and Eric spewing their hatred behind my back.

I see your point. But Dick is verbally abusive. If you're following the feeds or following those who are, I think this is much more clear. Based on what they show on TV, I wouldn't think there's any reason for him to be kicked out of the house. But what they don't show is MUCH worse. I'm not entirely certain that Dick could get away with these kinds of verbal assaults outside the house, so why should he be allowed to get away with it in the house?

My issue isn't that Dick is a "dick" (pun intended of course). There have been plenty of unpleasant people on BB over the years--Mike "Boogie", Maggie and ONH (Original Nerd Herd) come to mind, but none of them crossed the line in quite the way that Dick has, in my opinion.

I think it is funny how the show is edited to make them look nicer than they are......

Maybe we are not as nice as we would like to think we are too:O)

maycocksean said:
My issue isn't that Dick is a "dick" (pun intended of course). There have been plenty of unpleasant people on BB over the years--Mike "Boogie", Maggie and ONH (Original Nerd Herd) come to mind, but none of them crossed the line in quite the way that Dick has, in my opinion.

I do have the feeds and watch daily when I get the time.

What I think it comes down to is completely personal opinion. I don't find what he says as verbally abusive in the context of the game as it's part of the game.

The NH2 are dishing out the same stuff behind closed doors and in fact even when Jam and Amber were arguing with Dick they said some pretty bad words, though his vocabulary is slightly more imaginative. It still boils down to the same verbal tit for tat.

Where has he crossed the line where the others haven't? Eric and Dick calling Dick and Dani incestuous, Jam calling Dick's mother a bitch, Amb telling Dick he should commit suicide. I mean c'mon, just because they don't have witty comebacks and a decent vocab doesn't mean they aren't as bad as Dick.

At the end of the day these things are all within the rules of the game and if someone doesn't like the heat they can get out of the kitchen. Dick, love or hate him is playing a game like everyone else for 500k, so crossing the line has absolutely nothing to do it if rules aren't broken. All you are left with is disliking someone for their bad language which is again. personal opinion. Personally, the age old saying, "sticks and stones" applies here.

Slipstream said:

I do have the feeds and watch daily when I get the time.

What I think it comes down to is completely personal opinion. I don't find what he says as verbally abusive in the context of the game as it's part of the game.

The NH2 are dishing out the same stuff behind closed doors and in fact even when Jam and Amber were arguing with Dick they said some pretty bad words, though his vocabulary is slightly more imaginative. It still boils down to the same verbal tit for tat.

Where has he crossed the line where the others haven't? Eric and Dick calling Dick and Dani incestuous, Jam calling Dick's mother a bitch, Amb telling Dick he should commit suicide. I mean c'mon, just because they don't have witty comebacks and a decent vocab doesn't mean they aren't as bad as Dick.

At the end of the day these things are all within the rules of the game and if someone doesn't like the heat they can get out of the kitchen. Dick, love or hate him is playing a game like everyone else for 500k, so crossing the line has absolutely nothing to do it if rules aren't broken. All you are left with is disliking someone for their bad language which is again. personal opinion. Personally, the age old saying, "sticks and stones" applies here.

Well, I guess we just see it differently :shrug:

It's not that he uses bad language, and your point about what they say behind people's backs is well-taken.

I guess I kind of view it as, their talking behind his back is mean-spirited gossip, he takes that to the level of actual verbal attacks.

Whatever the case, it's pretty ugly in that house right now. I'm glad I'm not in there.

Dreadsox said:
I think it is funny how the show is edited to make them look nicer than they are......

I know! And I always find it funny how they protest that they're been edited to look BAD! I'm thinking, "Are you kidding me? They're making you look good!"

I realized also why they aren't getting rid of Dick. They can edit out the worst of his rampages, yet he provides plenty of material to create a great "character" for the TV viewers. They keep him because he's a gold mine of "great material" even if the unedited version of his behavior would likely cause a lot of controversy.

Yes, and if the producers are telling them who to vote for in the DR then that makes the show a sham anyway

I truly hope it is Dick that leaves this week...then he can go back to pretending to be Tommy Lee in real life:rolleyes:

They are definitely being persuaded by the producers in the DR to vote a certain way, Alison Grodner being one of them as pointed out by Dani and Amber. Eric would have been out last week if it wasn't for this.

After tonight's show should start to get very interesting 'cause Erica is going to find out who he has to nominate - feeders know who so I won't give it away.

ramblin rose said:
I think it's going to get kind of boring if Dick leaves.

The vibe I'm getting from the feed reports (admittedly, I haven't really studied them closely) is that he may stay.

:wave: Hi, by the way. You may not remember it, but you were one of the first people I ever "met" on Interference. You helped me figure out how to get tickets to see U2 in Japan last year. I don't know if I ever thanked you, so I'll just say a HUGE thanks now. It was an amaazing show. I was right on the front rail and everything!

:back to topic:

0815.01.jpg

"There is no little enemy,"
"A snitch in time saves nine,

"What a tangled web we weave when we first practice to deceive,"

"Three people can keep a secret if two are dead,"

"Fish and visitors stink after three days."

shoot

I just got SPOILED again by going to Jokers Updates

I guess the live show is at 5pm west coast time and 8 pm east coast time.

So it is 50 minutes into show.

Oh well, this eviction will not be well received by many.

This was the best BB Thursday in ages! Wicked!

It's funny, people who don't like Dick assume they are in the majority when in fact it's the opposite. Every board I've been on the majority of posters are in support of Dick. And the poll on CBS has Dick in a clear and large lead over everyone.

Dick 39.1 rising
Danielle 14.7 rising
Eric 11.8 falling
Jen 10.8 falling
Jessica 9.1 same
Jesus 5.0 falling
Dustbn 4.3 falling
Zach 2.0 rising
Wamber .5 same

Eric is just so darn goofy..how does ANYONE take him seriously? He makes some very peculiar faces...I would see right through his act if I was in there....If you ask me...as hard as it is for me to say...I think Jen is playing the game the best....I still can't stand Dick....but somehow I knew he would not get voted out:|

Well, someone violated the rules......and ate something other than slop....

the penalty is an automatic on the block with the other nominees.......no option for veto...or hoh

well I have been following on the Jokers thing...and have seen what I think may happen....but I won't spoil it other than saying, there won't be 3 people on the block

yep there have been some clarifications....one of the players was apparently speculating and I thought it was official.

Back
Top Bottom