Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamnit, my mother calls and I end up way behind in the thread.

Varitek said:

i hopped around on the cd, some was less heavy than the opener. i hate metal. i am trying to like noise rock. which is what those 4 were, right? noise rocky shoegaze? i'm not enamored with any of them but i won't delete them yet, i'll give them a good listen some time this summer along with everything else.

This isn't even close to metal. I hate kneejerk reactions to metal from people who don't have a clue.

Nothing on Mezcal Head is as heavy as The Fly live and you like that, so I don't know what your deal is.

Varitek said:
ax for prog - pink floyd is one of the founders or whatever. who are the other(s)?

King Crimson's album In The Court Of The Crimson King is generally regarded as the first prog album (with the Pink Floyd albums predating it considered psychedelia, not prog).

The other major first wave prog bands were groups like Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Van Der Graaf Generator, Rush, Camel, and Jethro Tull.

I'm not that into the first wave of prog. Mainly Pink Floyd and Camel. I think Genesis in particular is one of the reasons why there is anti-prog stigma.

gluey said:

How's she doing Ax?

She's good at the moment. She still needs to have an operation, but it's nothing urgent and she's taking her time with getting it booked. I think she's waiting to save up a bit to go to a private hospital as she really doesn't like the main public one on the Gold Coast.

Axver said:

She's good at the moment. She still needs to have an operation, but it's nothing urgent and she's taking her time with getting it booked. I think she's waiting to save up a bit to go to a private hospital as she really doesn't like the main public one on the Gold Coast.

I can understand that. I'm going private for my op. 14 days to go :yikes: Glad to hear she's doing ok. :hug:

Axver said:

King Crimson's album In The Court Of The Crimson King is generally regarded as the first prog album (with the Pink Floyd albums predating it considered psychedelia, not prog).

The other major first wave prog bands were groups like Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Van Der Graaf Generator, Rush, Camel, and Jethro Tull.

I'm not that into the first wave of prog. Mainly Pink Floyd and Camel. I think Genesis in particular is one of the reasons why there is anti-prog stigma.

so you recommend camel? i like rush, what i've heard of it...any other recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom