Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah risque '30s movies. If History of Film was good for one thing, that was it.

I hated that f'in class

The Sad Punk said:
Hi Jen! :wave:

In a lot of ways, they were just as rude or ruder than they are now. Night clubs had the cocaine, opiates, booze and more emphasis on fucking. Before bullshit censorship came in in the early 30s, a lot of American movies were quite risque. Plus the depression and the war and all that. :wink:

I love when people look back on that time period as some kind of "golden age" when kids obeyed their parents and everybody was civil. In the 1930s-50s, the New Zealand Railways tried to convince the Education Department to let it cancel school trains because the students trashed them so badly! The Bluff-Invercargill train was notorious for smashed windows and broken seats. I never see anything like that nowadays.

I will say this for Gary...that song from the Music Man is pretty spiffy. And hilarious in context these days.

Axver said:

I need to do it all the time, but I rarely do. Though I think I will have to soon. Bah!

I also need to find the time to bake a new batch of muffins ...

have not heard about muffins for months, i was beginning to get worried.

Varitek said:
let bonnie make her own thread. gary didn't do well enough :sad:

<-- is exceedingly bitter about us politics right now

What's the latest? Is Hillary still blindly and stupidly clinging to candidacy?

mysterious_jen said:

have not heard about muffins for months, i was beginning to get worried.

University's thrown a spanner in the works. It seems I'm most productive around 11pm-1am and essays have displaced baking. :madspit:

I hate politics. This is the first time I get to vote, and I can't even be happy about the situation because I'm not voting against someone who doesn't believe the way I do, I'm voting against someone in my own party. It's ridiculous how EVERYONE is behaving. Not just one side or the other.

Btw Axver, I ahve to say, I forgot how good Smile was, but the way you were plugging it, I had to give it a few more listens...OMG

bono_212 said:
I hate politics. This is the first time I get to vote, and I can't even be happy about the situation because I'm not voting against someone who doesn't believe the way I do, I'm voting against someone in my own party. It's ridiculous how EVERYONE is behaving. Not just one side or the other.

Voting just encourages them

bono 212, i feel like i hardly know you...what year are you in school? what do you study? how old are you? male/female? etc

and of course purity score

:reject: i'm not premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom