Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

Harmonicas + Elvis selling out = Axver's worst day on earth

:lol:

No, not quite. I did have my issues with Elvis, but I can't say it sits comfortably with me that he's sold to somebody who isn't even a serious U2 fan.

phillyfan26 said:
I love how Elvis, to the end, didn't communicate with his staff on anything.

What makes you say that and how would you possibly know that?

KhanadaRhodes said:
andy (the guy from social knowledge mentioned in the thread) is actually a really nice guy. :shrug:

I've never heard of him or the company.

Every forum I've ever been on that's been sold has gone to shit, usually within just a couple of weeks of the sale, so fairly or not I admit I'm a bit wary of this sale simply due to bad past experiences. Especially as it's not just to another serious U2 fan, but to some company that I can only assume has commercial intentions for the site.

The main emphasis of his post is that nothing will change in normal posting, which is fine by me.

I don't understand the upgrades or how they affect me.

from my understanding, the upgrades are for vbulletin, since it's been a long time since the forum software has been upgraded (i'm sure some old school members will remember the upgrade when we had the one big forum for a few days).

Night was mediocre. Backstreets is better but I'm not sure about it.

What would that change, though?

And Ax, where are you on Born to Run?

(I imagined he wouldn't like TAFO or Night.)

I have a great idea. Instead of hiding over here shit talking, why dont you address your concerns in the thread so that they can be addressed.

This is a really big deal for the staff and we need support right now, not to be shit on. The board is being upgraded to vbulletin 3.7 which has more features than you can stomach, its going to be awesome and I am hoping people will be excited about it. The forum is NOT going to shit by any means.

phillyfan26 said:

Backstreets is a really powerful song.

Well, the delivery's strong, but I can't say it evoked much of an emotional response from me.

KhanadaRhodes said:
from my understanding, the upgrades are for vbulletin, since it's been a long time since the forum software has been upgraded (i'm sure some old school members will remember the upgrade when we had the one big forum for a few days).

I choose to believe that we will lose all of our posts and vBulletin will implant integrated circuits into our vertebrae.

LemonMelon said:

I choose to believe that we will lose all of our posts and vBulletin will implant integrated circuits into our vertebrae.

What is this "choose?"

KhanadaRhodes said:

it means the forums will be better and have more features :drool:

Features like what, though?

I guess I should ask in that thread, it just all seems a bit vague to me. I'm a practical man, Khan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom