Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2008, 09:27 AM   #361
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 07:34 AM
So Sad Punk any ideas for who you might use in the CD exchange?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 AM   #362
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
HA. I would still consider Womanfish preferable to TTYW! It belongs IN THIS ALBUM IN THIS ALBUM IN THIS ALBUM, you know?
I prefer Womanfish too, I mean it's like if you do really, really bad you get TTYW. And if you do insanely bad, we're talking the first attempt of all first attempts here, then the TV Gaga version of TTYW appears on the album, of course with all the repeated lines that made it so wonderful.

Actually, since I prefer the TV Gaga one to the studio version, I'm not sure what to think.

Quote:
So Sad Punk any ideas for who you might use in the CD exchange?
I was hoping to introduce Husker Du to more of you guys, even though they're far from unknown. But I love them so much and I have basically all their stuff, so I think it's a good idea. Not sure about the rest, though.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 AM   #363
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:04 PM
I was writing a run down of levels for the game but it was really boring me to death, so I'm off to bed. Have good ones, all.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #364
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

I was hoping to introduce Husker Du to more of you guys, even though they're far from unknown. But I love them so much and I have basically all their stuff, so I think it's a good idea. Not sure about the rest, though.
Cool. I haven't heard anything by them.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #365
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:34 PM
Quote:
I was writing a run down of levels for the game but it was really boring me to death, so I'm off to bed. Have good ones, all.
Bah, I wanted some lulz. Oh well. Have a good night, Bonnie!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #366
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I prefer Womanfish too, I mean it's like if you do really, really bad you get TTYW. And if you do insanely bad, we're talking the first attempt of all first attempts here, then the TV Gaga version of TTYW appears on the album, of course with all the repeated lines that made it so wonderful.

Actually, since I prefer the TV Gaga one to the studio version, I'm not sure what to think.
Awesome. What if you do absolutely shockingly badly, Bono decides the whole album will be countrified a la TTYW and Edge can't stop him?

Quote:
I've heard barely any Husker Du, and what I have heard was about 4-5 years ago. Didn't strike me much then, but my tastes have quite grown and evolved, so I'd like to hear more.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #367
Blue Crack Addict

Wow. It really died in here.

Conversation starter...
Old 05-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #368
Blue Crack Addict

Axver, these are the genres I could come up with. Anything you want to break up or add?

Hip Hop
Rap
R&B
Hard Rock
Metal
Prog Rock
Shoegaze
Post-Rock
Soul
Funk
Jazz
Fusion Jazz
Old 05-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #369
Blue Crack Addict

There is also:

Trance
Techno
Dance
Folk Music
Classical
Old 05-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #370
Blue Crack Addict

Of course, New Wave. Khan can help us with that.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #371
Vocal parasite

Those all look good, Screwtape. Thinking about it, I would also like to properly introduce people to the Dunedin Sound.

And believe it or not, I'm actually working right now ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #372
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Those all look good, Screwtape. Thinking about it, I would also like to properly introduce people to the Dunedin Sound.

And believe it or not, I'm actually working right now ...
I would like an introduction to Dunedin Sound.

I think I'm going to do Jazz Fusion and something else.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #373
Blue Crack Addict

I need a girlfriend really bad. Rereading my Theatre scene, it is clear my romanticism is spilling over. It is about five angels who tell of two lovers at the end of the world. "Love is a kiss in the storm." I need a girlfriend STAT.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #374
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
I need a girlfriend really bad. Rereading my Theatre scene, it is clear my romanticism is spilling over. It is about five angels who tell of two lovers at the end of the world. "Love is a kiss in the storm." I need a girlfriend STAT.
Clone yourself and make the clone have a sex change.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #375
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

I would like an introduction to Dunedin Sound.

I think I'm going to do Jazz Fusion and something else.
I imagine people will be more receptive to Dunedin Sound/Flying Nun material too. The lo-fi production will shit people like PFan and Andrew, but I'd like to see them have done better in the circumstances. It's not like any of the bands willingly chose to have shit quality recording.

And cool, I'll be looking forward to what you do.

I'm thinking for something like this, the size of the collection should be up to the person making it. Of course it should be REASONABLE, since nobody's going to listen to a 10 CD compilation, but some genres can be easily covered by one disc (I think I'll only need one for the Dunedin Sound), while others like post-rock and prog rock are never going to be effectively covered by a single disc.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread