Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2008, 07:03 AM   #286
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Not many people are ever going to be willing to give metal a chance. I would never want to do it as my main submission, just a side upload for those who may be interested.

I'd try to do it as notAxver's submission, but you're such a Nazi stickler over this shit.
Actually I was thinking of something that could allow you to expose people to metal. What if we had a category for an additional artist that people could submit without having to attach their name? A listen at your own risk sort of thing.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #287
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:54 AM
Hey Ax, I think you need to reread your posts sometimes a bit more. I mean I'm not nitpicking, it's just that you clearly made a mistake here:

Quote:
At least The Wall isn't cheesy.
I hope next time you post, it's without an innocent error like that.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #288
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Like what?
Like it's blatantly seventies/eighties.

I haven't listened in fucking ages, keep this in mind. But I'd swear something had cheesy keys.

I'm sure you and phanan are very soon going to coax me into digging up my CD with Springsteen albums on it.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-06-2008, 07:08 AM   #289
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Hey Ax, I think you need to reread your posts sometimes a bit more. I mean I'm not nitpicking, it's just that you clearly made a mistake here:

I hope next time you post, it's without an innocent error like that.

Why would you say The Wall is cheesy? I think that while it is massively flawed and boring, it is not cheesy. Overblown, yes. Music sacrificed at the concept's altar, yes. But I don't hear cheese. I just hear Roger Waters stuck too far up his own arse.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-06-2008, 07:09 AM   #290
Blue Crack Addict

I remember it being really cheesy. I mean, Young Lust is on it, right? That's cheesy. And when it's overblown, it gets a little on the mozzarella side, too.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:10 AM   #291
Blue Crack Addict

hey big bone lickers im back
Old 05-06-2008, 07:12 AM   #292
Blue Crack Addict

Jen jen jen how goes it
Old 05-06-2008, 07:14 AM   #293
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

Actually I was thinking of something that could allow you to expose people to metal. What if we had a category for an additional artist that people could submit without having to attach their name? A listen at your own risk sort of thing.
Hmm. Let me tell you what I'd most ideally like to do. It doesn't fit the CD Exchange, and I don't think it suits DI either, but it'd be something I'd like to do sometime and may be a worthwhile exercise. I'd like to do a playlist to ease people into metal. It's kind of ridiculous to throw, say, Agalloch's I Am The Wooden Doors at someone and expect them to love it straight away. But a CD that logically progresses from stuff that isn't metal into stuff that is, gradually adding various elements, might open people up to the genre.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-06-2008, 07:15 AM   #294
Blue Crack Addict

hey bonnie, im good, although slightly frustrated, i have 2 weeks to coriograph a solo dance. its hard!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:16 AM   #295
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
I remember it being really cheesy. I mean, Young Lust is on it, right? That's cheesy. And when it's overblown, it gets a little on the mozzarella side, too.
Young Lust is on it, but I can't remember a bloody thing about it.

I love Comfortably Numb, Hey You, and Run Like Hell. The rest just blurs together in a big mass of total boredom.

Oh, wait. The Trial is cheesy. So there we go.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 AM   #296
Vocal parasite

Hey Jen!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 AM   #297
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Like it's blatantly seventies/eighties.

I haven't listened in fucking ages, keep this in mind. But I'd swear something had cheesy keys.

I'm sure you and phanan are very soon going to coax me into digging up my CD with Springsteen albums on it.
Born in the USA (the album and the song) is a bit cheesy, but other than that, Springsteen's brutally earnest in his songwriting. Born to Run has no cheese at all.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:18 AM   #298
Blue Crack Supplier

And with that, catch you all later.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #299
Blue Crack Addict

hey ax

shouldnt you be working ?
Old 05-06-2008, 07:21 AM   #300
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:

Hmm. Let me tell you what I'd most ideally like to do. It doesn't fit the CD Exchange, and I don't think it suits DI either, but it'd be something I'd like to do sometime and may be a worthwhile exercise. I'd like to do a playlist to ease people into metal. It's kind of ridiculous to throw, say, Agalloch's I Am The Wooden Doors at someone and expect them to love it straight away. But a CD that logically progresses from stuff that isn't metal into stuff that is, gradually adding various elements, might open people up to the genre.
Why not a thread dedicated to easing people into different genres? People choose a genre at the start of the thread to ease some on into. For example you choose metal and send that metal playlist to people who leave their e-mails. They give it a listen and report their thoughts in the thread.

Tags
superthread