Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i don't think that's old, like i told nsw when he told me his age, i have a half-sister that age as well. so it doesn't seem old to me.

but the first election i voted in was 04 :reject: although i did vote in some local stuff in 02...

Oh, it's not old, but man, that was a long time ago now.

I've voted Democratic every time, although I consider myself an independent first and foremost. There just haven't been any Republicans I've liked. Of course, my choices have been Bush, Bush, Dole, Bush, and Bush. Not exactly a lot of variety right there. :lol:

LemonMelon said:
The numbers look bad, that's for sure. But that's just one state we all knew he would dominate from the beginning. If 95% of blacks vote for Obama in the GE, I'll think twice.
but he is the best choice for president out there right now :wink:

phanan said:
Oh, it's not old, but man, that was a long time ago now.

I've voted Democratic every time, although I consider myself an independent first and foremost. There just haven't been any Republicans I've liked. Of course, my choices have been Bush, Bush, Dole, Bush, and Bush. Not exactly a lot of variety right there. :lol:
yeah, let's just say it makes me feel like a baby when i think of what i was doing in 88 :reject:

lol yeah, exactly. as long as someone doesn't vote for someone just because they're part of their party, i don't think there's anything wrong with consistently voting one way. it just shows you don't sway with your viewpoints.

I just threw in my Springsteen Rising CD to give it a re-listen. It's much better than I remember it being. :up:

phillyfan26 said:
I just threw in my Springsteen Rising CD to give it a re-listen. It's much better than I remember it being. :up:

I think overall Magic might be better, but The Rising is still a great CD.

You know what's an underrated gem on that album? Worlds Apart. I don't think many old school Springsteen fans care for it, because it's so different, but I think it's awesome.

phanan said:
It was cool, though. I turned 18 a week before Election Day, so just made it.

Mike Dukakis FTW!!

:huh:
i was a year too young to vote in the 2000 elections :mad:

:lol: poor guy. he never stood a chance. not even with the endorsement of his famous cousin :(

It is. That, Further On (Up the Road), The Fuse, and Countin' on a Miracle all jumped out at me like they hadn't before. And I like WOASD much better hearing it now.

It was great to hear The River and Darkness on the Edge of Town again last night. Thanks for helping me out on that.

LemonMelon said:
Anytime Springsteen gets discussed anywhere, I just blank out.

Born To Run is a GOOD song.

The entire album is a masterpiece.

But as everyone here is well aware that Springsteen and U2 are my all-time favorite artists, I'll spare you the lecture. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom