Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
HA. I would still consider Womanfish preferable to TTYW! It belongs IN THIS ALBUM IN THIS ALBUM IN THIS ALBUM, you know?

I prefer Womanfish too, I mean it's like if you do really, really bad you get TTYW. And if you do insanely bad, we're talking the first attempt of all first attempts here, then the TV Gaga version of TTYW appears on the album, of course with all the repeated lines that made it so wonderful.

Actually, since I prefer the TV Gaga one to the studio version, I'm not sure what to think.

So Sad Punk any ideas for who you might use in the CD exchange?

I was hoping to introduce Husker Du to more of you guys, even though they're far from unknown. But I love them so much and I have basically all their stuff, so I think it's a good idea. Not sure about the rest, though.

The Sad Punk said:
I was writing a run down of levels for the game but it was really boring me to death, so I'm off to bed. Have good ones, all. :wave:

Bah, I wanted some lulz. Oh well. Have a good night, Bonnie! :wave:

The Sad Punk said:
I prefer Womanfish too, I mean it's like if you do really, really bad you get TTYW. And if you do insanely bad, we're talking the first attempt of all first attempts here, then the TV Gaga version of TTYW appears on the album, of course with all the repeated lines that made it so wonderful.

Actually, since I prefer the TV Gaga one to the studio version, I'm not sure what to think.

:lmao: Awesome. What if you do absolutely shockingly badly, Bono decides the whole album will be countrified a la TTYW and Edge can't stop him?

I was hoping to introduce Husker Du to more of you guys, even though they're far from unknown. But I love them so much and I have basically all their stuff, so I think it's a good idea. Not sure about the rest, though.

I've heard barely any Husker Du, and what I have heard was about 4-5 years ago. Didn't strike me much then, but my tastes have quite grown and evolved, so I'd like to hear more.

Those all look good, Screwtape. Thinking about it, I would also like to properly introduce people to the Dunedin Sound.

And believe it or not, I'm actually working right now ...

Screwtape2 said:
I need a girlfriend really bad. Rereading my Theatre scene, it is clear my romanticism is spilling over. It is about five angels who tell of two lovers at the end of the world. "Love is a kiss in the storm." I need a girlfriend STAT. :wink:

Clone yourself and make the clone have a sex change.

Screwtape2 said:

I would like an introduction to Dunedin Sound. :up:

I think I'm going to do Jazz Fusion and something else.

I imagine people will be more receptive to Dunedin Sound/Flying Nun material too. The lo-fi production will shit people like PFan and Andrew, but I'd like to see them have done better in the circumstances. It's not like any of the bands willingly chose to have shit quality recording.

And cool, I'll be looking forward to what you do. :up:

I'm thinking for something like this, the size of the collection should be up to the person making it. Of course it should be REASONABLE, since nobody's going to listen to a 10 CD compilation, but some genres can be easily covered by one disc (I think I'll only need one for the Dunedin Sound), while others like post-rock and prog rock are never going to be effectively covered by a single disc.

Axver said:

I imagine people will be more receptive to Dunedin Sound/Flying Nun material too. The lo-fi production will shit people like PFan and Andrew, but I'd like to see them have done better in the circumstances. It's not like any of the bands willingly chose to have shit quality recording.

And cool, I'll be looking forward to what you do. :up:

I'm thinking for something like this, the size of the collection should be up to the person making it. Of course it should be REASONABLE, since nobody's going to listen to a 10 CD compilation, but some genres can be easily covered by one disc (I think I'll only need one for the Dunedin Sound), while others like post-rock and prog rock are never going to be effectively covered by a single disc.

I agree that the length should be up to the people doing it. :up:

Maybe with prog rock we can divide it by waves. That should leave three distinct prog eras which all sound different.

Screwtape2 said:

I don't think I could handle myself. Seriously, it would be a non stop cycle of poetry. :wink:

But it'd be a quick way to get a girlfriend, with the added bonus that she agrees with you on everything. :wink:

Screwtape2 said:
I agree that the length should be up to the people doing it. :up:

Maybe with prog rock we can divide it by waves. That should leave three distinct prog eras which all sound different.

Splitting up prog certainly sounds like a good idea. I might be able to cover the third wave ...

But then that means three genres from me, and do people really want to suffer that much Axver music? :wink:

Axver said:

Splitting up prog certainly sounds like a good idea. I might be able to cover the third wave ...

But then that means three genres from me, and do people really want to suffer that much Axver music? :wink:

I'll handle the first wave. I was thinking two things:

1. We send out a few at a time every 2 weeks. Instead of getting it all at once. It comes throughout the summer.
2. If people don't feel comfortable sharing music they can use Youtube links. There are millions of songs live or studio on Youtube. I'm sure they'll find some of what they recommend.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:shifty: Maybe.

It's near Beaver Lick, you know. That's also a nice place to visit.

:lol: That's a real place? Wow, so Kentucky isn't entirely Hell For Certain?

Screwtape2 said:

I'll handle the first wave. I was thinking two things:

1. We send out a few at a time every 2 weeks. Instead of getting it all at once. It comes throughout the summer.
2. If people don't feel comfortable sharing music they can use Youtube links. There are millions of songs live or studio on Youtube. I'm sure they'll find some of what they recommend.

I suppose one issue with the waves is the crossover. I mean, I think Spock's Beard are more a second wave band stylistically, but chronologically fit with the third wave and I plan to use them if I do the third wave. But I suppose these things never can be entirely precise.

And yeah, it sounds good to space it out. :up:

I'm sure you could just about make a case for a separate YouTube thread. That doesn't interest me personally, but others would probably like it.

Axver said:

I'm sure you could just about make a case for a separate YouTube thread. That doesn't interest me personally, but others would probably like it.

No we can make it one thread. People who want the links leave their e-mails. The rest can see the Youtube links posted directly in the thread. I intend on during both links and Youtube videos.

Screwtape2 said:

No we can make it one thread. People who want the links leave their e-mails. The rest can see the Youtube links posted directly in the thread. I intend on during both links and Youtube videos.

Righto. I'm not really one for YouTube. I like MP3s I can easily play over and over again. But then it's a quick way to sample stuff to see if I care enough in the first place to download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom