Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
Sure.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=5136274#post5136274

Oh by the way, nice post in the U2.com thread. All too true. Also, the site needs more flash games.

:laugh: You win at the nerdism.

Thanks. It still cracks me that I, a guy who has never spoken to a member of U2, can outdo the official site for setlists and concert info and stuff. How the hell is that even possible?! It's a damning indictment of U2.com. Anybody could do what I do on U2VT.

I want a Flash game based on kneeling souls.

Axver said:

Liam will probably murder me if I don't listen to Peter Gabriel IV in the next few days.

The Genesis albums I've heard are Lamb, obviously, and Selling England By The Pound, which I think is mediocre and unexceptional.

I could just murder you anyway.

PETER GABRIEL IV! SAN JACINTO!

(you'll probably hate Kiss Of Life though.)

liamcool said:

I could just murder you anyway.

PETER GABRIEL IV! SAN JACINTO!

(you'll probably hate Kiss Of Life though.)

You could, but then I'd haunt you and piss you off.

I'll get around to it.

Have a good one. :wave:

Axver said:

:laugh: You win at the nerdism.

Thanks. It still cracks me that I, a guy who has never spoken to a member of U2, can outdo the official site for setlists and concert info and stuff. How the hell is that even possible?! It's a damning indictment of U2.com. Anybody could do what I do on U2VT.

I want a Flash game based on kneeling souls.

The thing is, it's true! He looks a lot like that mosaic face. And his name is Alexander. I wish I could say he rides a horse to Tafe too, wearing a cuirass and holding a lance. I'm afraid it's not the case, though.

Anybody could, yeah. Just need U2Live, the ability to talk to people that have been to concerts, the ability to attend concerts yourself, and to have basic knowledge of U2. I think U2.com lacks everything there.

Being a fan of U2 and old skool gaming, I sort of wish U2 sold out back in the late 80s or early 90s and had a series of side scrolling platformers. There's been worse ideas.

The Sad Punk said:

The thing is, it's true! He looks a lot like that mosaic face. And his name is Alexander. I wish I could say he rides a horse to Tafe too, wearing a cuirass and holding a lance. I'm afraid it's not the case, though.

Anybody could, yeah. Just need U2Live, the ability to talk to people that have been to concerts, the ability to attend concerts yourself, and to have basic knowledge of U2. I think U2.com lacks everything there.

Being a fan of U2 and old skool gaming, I sort of wish U2 sold out back in the late 80s or early 90s and had a series of side scrolling platformers. There's been worse ideas.

:lol: Show him your love by buying the horse and necessary equipment so he can ride to TAFE.

It's astonishing how much content for U2VT I've gotten from Interference. The live setlist parties and stuff were invaluable. U2.com just can't seem to use their imagination. And I think the site is done by people who frankly don't care.

:laugh: I'd be down with a setlist game ... :wink:

Axver said:

:lol: Show him your love by buying the horse and necessary equipment so he can ride to TAFE.

It's astonishing how much content for U2VT I've gotten from Interference. The live setlist parties and stuff were invaluable. U2.com just can't seem to use their imagination. And I think the site is done by people who frankly don't care.

:laugh: I'd be down with a setlist game ... :wink:

Oh, if only I could afford it! I so would.

Perhaps U2.com just needs a better forum. Make this one the official or something. That does sound unappealing, but it could take a leaf out of more successful boards, as they prove so useful.

I'm not entirely sure how a setlist game would work, unless it was just a quiz or something. Perhaps it could be a bonus level in the platformer. :hmm:

The Sad Punk said:
Oh, if only I could afford it! I so would.

Perhaps U2.com just needs a better forum. Make this one the official or something. That does sound unappealing, but it could take a leaf out of more successful boards, as they prove so useful.

I'm not entirely sure how a setlist game would work, unless it was just a quiz or something. Perhaps it could be a bonus level in the platformer. :hmm:

It seems unofficial boards tend to do better, though. Official ones often end up too constrained, at least in my experience. And Zootopia is hell. I wouldn't want them migrating here!

A setlist game could involve fighting with Bono to make him remember the lyrics, and chasing/cornering Larry to make him listen to Pop so he can learn Mofo.

Axver said:

It seems unofficial boards tend to do better, though. Official ones often end up too constrained, at least in my experience. And Zootopia is hell. I wouldn't want them migrating here!

A setlist game could involve fighting with Bono to make him remember the lyrics, and chasing/cornering Larry to make him listen to Pop so he can learn Mofo.

Generally, unofficial things are more fun than the official stuff. I learned that when I was a kid by buying magazines, and I learn it today by posting on U2 message boards.

That would be a good game, go make it now.

The Sad Punk said:

Generally, unofficial things are more fun than the official stuff. I learned that when I was a kid by buying magazines, and I learn it today by posting on U2 message boards.

That would be a good game, go make it now.

I love hyper-moderated official boards that don't allow anything that isn't gushing and positive praise. And then they wonder why every thread dies and people go elsewhere ...

I would if, you know, I had any skills in that department whatsoever!

So, can I show off a photo I'm pleased with? Well, I shall! Here's a Comeng electric multiple unit descending the flyover into platform 10 at Richmond back on 26/03. The Melbourne CBD is in the background.

s640x480

Axver said:

I love hyper-moderated official boards that don't allow anything that isn't gushing and positive praise. And then they wonder why every thread dies and people go elsewhere ...

I would if, you know, I had any skills in that department whatsoever!

Gee, I wonder how long I'd last at Zootopia? Might be worth a test sometime.

I've got a limited amount of knowledge with the whole game making thing. Nothing that would really work for something so great as this idea, though.

Also I made this thing like a year ago which I think is pretty dope. It's not for any reason, really. Just for reasons of wonder.

gametitleki7.jpg

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'd be disappointed in myself if I didn't post in the Big Bone Lick State Park thread, so here I am. :wink:

:lol: G'day. :wave:

The Sad Punk said:

Gee, I wonder how long I'd last at Zootopia? Might be worth a test sometime.

I've got a limited amount of knowledge with the whole game making thing. Nothing that would really work for something so great as this idea, though.

Also I made this thing like a year ago which I think is pretty dope. It's not for any reason, really. Just for reasons of wonder.

gametitleki7.jpg

Go there and be brutally honest about ATYCLB.

Oooh, is there a level in that game where you can beat sense into Bono so that TTYW isn't put on the album? :hyper:

Axver said:

Go there and be brutally honest about ATYCLB.

Oooh, is there a level in that game where you can beat sense into Bono so that TTYW isn't put on the album? :hyper:

I will, man. Not tonight that, I need sleep. But at least I can sleep in for about twenty minutes tomorrow.

But of course. However, results vary on the consequences. If you do an excellent job, then Spanish Eyes appears on the album instead. However, if you do a poor job, Womanfish does! You really need to get things right.

The Sad Punk said:

I will, man. Not tonight that, I need sleep. But at least I can sleep in for about twenty minutes tomorrow.

But of course. However, results vary on the consequences. If you do an excellent job, then Spanish Eyes appears on the album instead. However, if you do a poor job, Womanfish does! You really need to get things right.

:lol: This'll be awesome. I'm thinking of an early night myself. By that, I mean in bed between 1:30 and 2am.

HA. I would still consider Womanfish preferable to TTYW! It belongs IN THIS ALBUM IN THIS ALBUM IN THIS ALBUM, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom