Big Bear City, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, that sucks. Well I guess just enjoy the silence (if there is any) and listen to plenty U2.:D We still have family come over but it's gotten less and less initiated over the years. I don't mind family coming down but sometimes they can be a pain in the ass. After so long they get on my nerves. I better prpare myself and my belongings so they don't get destroyed. So it's just you? No friends or anything?

I assume my friends will be having their own family Christmases so I don't want to intrude, you know? But hopefully I'll work out something. It'll just be nice to not be travelling and away from home on the day ... I think I've only had the Christmas season at home two or three times this entire decade.

*flyby before work*

This sounds amazing! I want one! :hyper:

I'll make sure I send you one!

I did Alison one for her birthday ... I'll have to get her to scan the cover.

how's it looking for tuesday? i hope i don't have to deal with delayed flights

You should be right. I think early next week isn't meant to have any severe weather, just temperatures around the low to mid 20s. We've gotten over the heatwave ... for now.

I just got back down to Yorkes, drove through where the bushfires were last week. Pretty eerie, I plan on going around taking some photos around the place this arvo, so I'll inevitably go up there and shoot a few.

I'd be most interested in seeing some pictures, Bonnie. Can imagine it must be eerie. Is it all calm on the bushfire front now?

You know what we need to do? Epic gathering when Charlotte's here in early February.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's fine. I saw a fire happening in the Adelaide Hills, the smoke was pretty clear from anywhere in the city, but it was contained early on. So we've been pretty lucky so far.

Man, that'd be sick but it's around my birthday, y'know? Although I may consider going over to see Grant Hart in Melbourne around Valentines Day. Depends when my exhibition's opening.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's fine. I saw a fire happening in the Adelaide Hills, the smoke was pretty clear from anywhere in the city, but it was contained early on. So we've been pretty lucky so far.

Man, that'd be sick but it's around my birthday, y'know? Although I may consider going over to see Grant Hart in Melbourne around Valentines Day. Depends when my exhibition's opening.

Oh, good to hear. I hadn't heard anything in a few days so I figured things were looking up.

If you come for Grant Hart and your trip and Charlotte's cross over for a day or two ... that'd be fucking awesome!

I need to save my pennies and go to Australia one day.

You should be right. I think early next week isn't meant to have any severe weather, just temperatures around the low to mid 20s. We've gotten over the heatwave ... for now.

i think that's a relief. after the unnecessarily hot terminal in brisbane that should be much nicer. incidentally, being stuck in a hot building for three hours isn't a good recipe for getting onto a plane for 13 hours.

You all need to come to america

i'll think about it.

i think that's a relief. after the unnecessarily hot terminal in brisbane that should be much nicer. incidentally, being stuck in a hot building for three hours isn't a good recipe for getting onto a plane for 13 hours.

We're apparently going to be stuck with humidity and possibly more storms for the next few days, but it's meant to be gone by the end of the weekend.

Unnecessarily hot in Brisbane's terminal? I've found Coolangatta to be that way, but I think whenever I've passed through Brisbane it's been fairly nicely air conditioned. Though now that I think about it, I've barely gone through there in years. Used to be almost a regular visitor there.

Neither of those responses does me any good

fine. in that case i'll be there tuesday.

Unnecessarily hot in Brisbane's terminal? I've found Coolangatta to be that way, but I think whenever I've passed through Brisbane it's been fairly nicely air conditioned. Though now that I think about it, I've barely gone through there in years. Used to be almost a regular visitor there.

maybe my undoing was going out to get some fresh air...to what ended up being the smokers deck with a plastic ceiling and direct sunlight. it's the only airport on the east coast (seemingly) with a noodle box. best food ever.

People, I need a recording of Elevation from 10 April 2001, Calgary. Anybody got one? My copy has gone for a walk. I've found the case, but the disc's missing. Fuck!

People, I need a recording of Elevation from 10 April 2001, Calgary. Anybody got one? My copy has gone for a walk. I've found the case, but the disc's missing. Fuck!

I'm pretty sure I stil lhave it at home, I think i fucking love that show too.

EBTTRT in the set?

Night guys

Feb 11 and what secret ;) I saw that post :wink:

Have a good one Ashley! :wave:

Yep, tour debut of EBTTRT. If you could swing me Elevation, I'd be most appreciative.

I'm about to head home, gotta pick my car up from getting the brakes done.....I'll be home and hopefully online by 6.

Provided the antenna hasn't blown off the roof!

Back
Top Bottom