Beyonce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
So Miss Destiny's Child has a solo album coming out, and is supposedly engaged to Jay-Z. What do you all think of her? Is she really the multi-talented superstar the media makes her out to be? Is she really that sexy?

Thoughts, anyone?

I thought her "solo" song for Austin Powers was terrible.

I wish people would stick with their groups. I cant imagine anything she does solo being better or considerably different from her stuff with Destiny's Child.

I don't think you can handle this

seriously that was the first thing that came to mind when i saw the thread title.

don't like her music, but i suppose there's an audience for it somewhere that likes it.

u2popmofo said:
I thought her "solo" song for Austin Powers was terrible.

I wish people would stick with their groups. I cant imagine anything she does solo being better or considerably different from her stuff with Destiny's Child.

Exactly! Honestly, I find her to be kinda tone deaf, her writing leaves alot to be desired and she bores me. I realize I might not listen to R&B much, but I don't see why she gets alot of hype. :shrug:

Hmm,

I thought that Work It Out was quite alright. Different from what R&B artists regularly release. I've heard that her solo album will be more soul oriented (as in real soul music, not R&B), I'm curious how it will turn out.

Of course, she's no match to Michelle Williams. You may have Beyonce, Michelle is mine. :p

C ya!

Marty (also member of the Destiny's Child fanclub)

I like her singing and her appearance :sexywink:

On the other hand, I really hate the way some of these succesfull 'young adults' [/Young Ones reference] are controlled by the parents, especially by their mothers. I believe Beyonc? might be one of those people, just like the Williams sisters (tennis), Tiger Woods etc. Grow up! :angry:

She MAYBE pretty...... but talented? as big as the media made her to be.... I don't think so..... although I'm not one of "only college radio" types, but there's a limit to everything......as 'yertle-the-turtle' suggested hey i guess there's an audience for everything, let her make sales for now and then disappear to the background like the rest!:D

She was on SNL tonight debuting some of her solo songs. How would I describe them?

Not good at all. (I actually liked most every Destiny's Child song I've ever heard too, but these were just terrible)

u2popmofo said:

Not good at all. (I actually liked most every Destiny's Child song I've ever heard too, but these were just terrible)

I absolutely agree. She might be okay if she would stop oversinging. Ugh. During her song with Jay-Z, she forgot to have the mic near her mouth when the vocal part kicked in. Had she not been lip-syncing, I might have given her performance more credit.

HelloAngel said:

She might be okay if she would stop oversinging.

Now I'm going to have to agree with you!!! I REALLY wish that all of the supposed "R&B" acts out there would stop overdoing every single note that ever comes out of their mouths. It's nice to hear them sing something with their normal voices every once in a while.

I must say I like her more than most of her genre.. which is pretty bottom on my genre list. she's definately very very hot.

As a girl I can admit that the girl is fiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnneeeeee.

Not really much or an argument against it.

As pop goes "Work it out" was pretty good, but really I just like funk, and it was funk-esque.

But frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn about the girl on the whole or these "destiny children" you hear so much about.

Oh yeah talent its no contest, although some of her film choices have been kinda questionable over the years - Flintstones anyone?

brettig said:
Oh yeah talent its no contest, although some of her film choices have been kinda questionable over the years - Flintstones anyone?

Exactly. Don't forget Race the Sun and Monster's Ball.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom