Better than Ezra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
What ever happened to this band? I always thought they were a cut above the other mid-to-late 90s "alternative" bands. I've been listening to "At the Stars" a lot lately, and I realized that I don't think they've put out in anything in a few years. Did they break up or something?

:laugh:

seriously though i love this band. i saw them in 1999 at a small venue here in atlanta. and the show was a lot of fun. the only concert i actually took a boyfriend to. :| *correction i took him to see DMB later that year but we didn't stay long because we felt too old.*

anyway i am happy they are coming back this summer. they swing by atlanta i think every year and i keep missing them but not this year. $3 for the show at the Olympic park. :up:

Last edited:
This thread made me remember a Weekend Update sketch from SNL about 10 yrs ago. It went something like this:

"Coming in at #1 on the charts this week, 'Better Than Ezra. Coming in at #2, "Ezra"."

i like(d) them. parenthesis around the past tense part of that word because i'm not too sure how much i like them now. first time i heard "desperatly wanting" i hated it cos i thought it was live and i hated live at the time.

they're still around. the last album they put out was some time ago, but they're touring and stuff...i really liked them about 2 months ago. the last album was yellow and had a picture of a butterfly on it. i think it's called "closer" but i can't really remember. i could look it up cos it's in the cd binder that i'm currently using as a keyboard table...

i didn't like how does your garden grow aside from the single, but friction baby is a great album. deluxe is good, it's got some good songs on it, including the song titled "good". i like closer. it's just a little too poppy for me in some parts. a song called...i think it's called "rolling". it features some woman wh i think was in that band that sang that "you steal my sunshine" song that came out about 4 or 5 years ago.

i think i'll go listen to one of those albums now. oh and "rewind" off friction baby is the best song.

naturally late as always with the witty comeback

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:lmao: i am sure we could find some willing participants.

:hyper::combust:
horny.gif
:flirt:

*makes additional mental note: forget job hunting in the real world... demand for manwhores soars at all time high.

I posted this, but apparently it didn't go through. :mad:

Anyway, BTE play at the 9:30 Club in DC ALL THE TIME. Seriously, like two or three times a year. They're the first band I ever saw there, when I was interning in 2000.

Wow. I can't believe there are other people here who like BTE! I adore this band. Sort of a guilty pleasure. Pax, they di put out a new album last year called "Closer." It was decent, had some catchy songs but in my opinion wasn't nearly as good as either "Friction, Baby" or "How Does Your Garden Grow" which is my favorite of theirs. I saw them a couple of years ago in a small club called `Canes here in SD. It was seriously the most fun I've had a t a show. Well, besides Radiohead but thats different. BTE were funny, had lots of crowd participation and played a ton of songs!

:heart:

[q]SOUTHERN GURL

There she is.
White light,
descending like the color of rain.
July or fall,
one thing will never change.
Down and out,
you found this city has you on your back.
You long for her to take you away.
And I...

CHORUS:
I want a Southern Girl, I need a Southern Girl.
Well, I want a Southern Girl.
Hey, yes, I want a Southern Girl and I need a Southern Girl.
And I want a Southern Girl.

Scent of pine drifting by.
Her hand traces lazy on your neck.
Sunlight through the trees
recalls a better time.
Kids and dogs running by,
She smiles as she drinks ice tea,
Retire to the room, it's easy to see.

CHORUS:

Take back the night, claim your desire.
Run 'til you crawl.
In the morning you will find her there.

CHORUS:

I want a Southern Girl [/q]

i'm your southern girl! :sexywink:

:up: :combust:

[q]DESPERATELY WANTING

Past the road to your house
That you never called home
Where they turned out your lights
Though they say you'll never know

I remember running through the wet grass
And failing a step behind
Both of us never tiring
Desperately wanting

When they pumped out your guts
And filled you full of those pills
You were never quite right
Deserving all the chills
They say the worst is over
Kicked it over and ran
Then they ask what went wrong
When they turn you on again
They turn you on again.

Chorus:
Kick them right in the face
Make them wish they weren't born
And if they bring up your name
Well they'll say you won the war.
Baby burst in the world
Never given a chance
Then they ask what went wrong
When you never had it right

Oh the letters have dropped off
Though they say you got them all
I finally figured out some things you'll never know.
Take back your life and let me inside
We'll find the door if you care to anymore.

I remember running through the wet grass
and falling a step behind
Both of us never tiring
Desperately Wanting[/q]

Back
Top Bottom