Best-worst tv shows you've seen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
for the last 15 years

best
the simpsons - pity it has lost some of its zip, but best show ive ever seen

the x-files - most original show for sometime, spawned many ripoffs

seinfeld -went out on top

twin peaks

frasier- very funny, a shame aussie audiences are deprived because the humour is 'american'

spin city- micheal j fox is a legend
wink.gif

due south- i loved fraser and his wolf (or was it a dog?)

the larry sanders show

WORST
dark angel

friends- overpaid overrated actors. watch them all disappear when the show is finished

dark skies- x-files ripoff

american gothic - xfiles ripoff 2

all day time soaps

The Lone GunMen

the burning zone- x-files ripoff 3

Full House- canned laughter at its worst! may i use the terminology, hyenas

team knight rider

dishonourary mention- baywatch

so bad its good
buffy
angel
charmed
macgyver
wink.gif

stargate- macgyver in space
wink.gif

Agree with "Fraiser"

Disagree with "Friends", both are must see TV in my opinion.

A recent fav has also been "Will and Grace"

------------------
The course of true love never did run smooth.-MSND, Ii

Ditto on Friends for me as well. I think it has to be one of the most honest portrayals of human relationships I've ever seen on television. The question of how all of them afford designer clothing and nice NYC apartments is an ongoing one for me - but I digress. Friends is must-see for me.

I also feel Boston Public on FOX is a very fine offering.

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

Best.....
Global Village- Groovy half hour show on SBS each day at 6pm- shows two short doccos from around the world, better than watching the news.

The Panel- I loved the D-Gen years ago and the Late Show was great and the Panel I can say is probably the only show that I would make time to watch.

Pizza- Very stupid but oh so very, very funny SBS show....

Stella Street- this is a British show that is amazing, it featured two guys acting as all these other famous people who lived in the one street in London- it was hosted by Michael Caine and people like Jack Nicholoson, Al Pacino, David Bowie, Joe Pesci all lived there and Mick Jagger and Keith Richards ran the local corner store
smile.gif

The Secret Life Of Us- I am addicted to this show!!! I like all of the characters and think it is really good and quite honest too, but the only problem with it is how they have managed to make Melbourne look so nice and Summery, from what I remember Melbourne never looks like that!!!

South Park and the Simpsons- Usually I cant watch cartoons but both of these shows were great- I really like shows that are challenging and both of these shows were great at doing that, it is amazing what they can get away with in a cartoon....

Sienfeld- probably the best sit com ever, I will never tire of watching this show over and over again, I dont think that there were too many episodes that were duds
smile.gif

The Bill- if you want to see good drama then you have to turn to the BBC in my opinion, the Brits really do know how to do realistic dramas very well...

Rage- now where would I be on Fri and Sat nights without my weekly fix of music
smile.gif

Northern Exposure- how cool was this show I loved Chris in the morning, Ed, Maggie, Dr Joel, Maurice all of them were so good, wish they would bring this show back......

I too also thought that Due South was good, although I only really watched it because the Mountie was an incredibly spunky guy
smile.gif

WORST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ; ;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hmmm, probably too many to mention, I really hate corny shows that are sickly but I will mention stuff like Melrose Place, Bev Hills actually anything done by Aaron Spelling....oh yeah and anything done by David E Kelly.................
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by OzAurora (edited 10-15-2001).]

Best -
Simpsons - definitely one of the best, if not the best show ever
X-Files - very original, though I don't care much for the government conspiracy plots
Frasier - intelligent writing, great acting
Sports Night - got cancelled way too early, a humorous show with great dialogue
Family Guy - irreverence at its best, I hope it doesn't get cancelled--again
Honorable Mentions- Friends, Law and Order

Worst -
Stuff I'm too embarrased to admit I once watched - Saved By The Bell, Full House, Family Matters, most any of those corny "family" shows

------------------
Change is the only constant

Best: I'd have to go with (like most other people) Simpsons,Seinfeld, Junkyard Wars, and other neat stuff on TCL and Discovery

I'll also have to say that I like Friends too...Sure, it can be repetitive, and it's very soapesque, but I got hooked!

Worst: Buffy and its various spinoffs

------------------
*It's just a moment
This time will pass*

Cheers remains my all-time favorite. Taxi is also a hilarious show from the past. No surprise that they came from the same people.

X-Files was tremendous, then they went heavy on the government crap that Foxxern mentioned and it turned me off (your mileage may vary)...I found last season fairly solid.

Law & Order, and it's children, are all great shows. Dick Wolf must have made a fortune off the syndication rights...there could easily be a Law & Order channel as often as it's on syndication.

My favoite show in that vein was Homicide. That's probably my favorite ever drama.

Seinfeld is a gimme, as is The Simpsons and Frasier. Friends is another I enjoy.

Foxxern nailed it with Sports Night. That was another tremendous show who's life was far too short. Great writing. Took me an episode or two before I realized what was so different about it; no laughtrack. Almost constant dialogue...very meaty.

And don't feel too bad about Saved By The Bell, Foxxern. Just about everyone I know aged between 18 and 25 watched that fairly regularly.
smile.gif

Boston Public hasn't been one that I watch every week, but I've liked all the episodes I've seen. Will & Grace is another very funny show.

I'm curious to check out 24 when it begins in November.

Best:

Twin Peaks - those freaky red curtains have me scarred for life,
smile.gif

Seinfeld
Simpsons
Buffy & Angel - silly title, excellent shows
Star Trek: The Next Generation - the only "Trek" worth attention IMO
The Practice - probably my favourite TV cast of all
Red Dwarf - gloriously silly

Worst:

Friends - overrated as hell
Dawson's Creek - whiny characters on verbosity pills
7th Heaven - so baaaaad, it's almost funny
X-Files - even more over-rated than "Friends"
Temptation Island

Originally posted by Saracene:

Worst:

X-Files - even more over-rated than "Friends"

overrate the x-files by all means, but dont start putting them in the same book as soapies like 'friends'

its almost like how some radiohead fans (heavily Anti-u2 ones) have put U2 in the same box as Limp Bizkit

[This message has been edited by CrashedCarDriver (edited 10-16-2001).]

I've never watched much TV but my favourite TV show ever is the Sherlock Holmes series starring the late Jeremy Brett. The only TV series I worship. PBS and A&E showed them--maybe still do sometimes. Jeremy Brett may be dead, but he's still my favourite actor.

In fact that gives me an idea for another thread...

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

there has been nothing good on telly since they dropped Dynasty
tongue.gif

------------------
Action-Packed Mentallist

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Only Fools And Horses
Faulty Towers
X-Files
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom