Best/Worst Band Name Ever???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The OOTS said:
I like (R)apid (E)ye (M)ovement

The thing is though, the band name REM, has nothing to do with Rapid Eye Movement.

They chose REM, and might not have even known that it sttod for something.

WORST: Live - my second favourite band but I don't like the name...it's just silly and always makes answering questions awkward.

"Whose ya fave bands?"

Me: "Live, U2, REM, Stone Roses"

"Live? What do you mean Live? Who when they play Live?"

Me: "No mate that is the name of the band. Live"

"Ohhhhh ok"

frustrating....

Other bad band names:

jet
the vines
the hives
the strokes
the frames
the streets (even if it is just a bloke)
rolling stones
the who

intedomine said:

WORST: Live - my second favourite band but I don't like the name...it's just silly and always makes answering questions awkward.

"Whose ya fave bands?"

"Ohhhhh ok"

frustrating....

:laugh:

intedomine said:

"Whose ya fave bands?"

"Ohhhhh ok"

frustrating....

LOL, odd, I've never experienced that whenever the band Live is brought up in conversation, but yeah, that does sound like it'd be a pain (so if that happens with Live, I can only imagine what it was like for people who were fans of the Who or Them when they first started out).

I heard that R.E.M. got their name by flipping through the dictionary, and wherever they stopped, that was what their band's name would be.

Angela

I vaguely remember this from the Wonder Years.

First person: You're going to see who???
Second person: Not the Who!!! I said The Stones!

intedomine said:

"Whose ya fave bands?"

"Ohhhhh ok"

frustrating....

ah, if i only could count how many times i've had that conversation.

I'm not sure it's the best band name, but The Rolling Stones may get the title for most appropriate.

IWasBored said:

ah, if i only could count how many times i've had that conversation.

lol! I get that with Deep Blue Something. "Oh, Deep Blue River?" People ask. lol!

Moonlit_Angel said:

As far as worst names-Limp Bizkit...the band name doesn't bother me nearly as much as the title of that one CD of theirs, that one about the chocolate starfish and the hot dog flavored water or something-seriously, just the thought of that being an actual meal or something makes me gag. And this one isn't necessarily a bad name, but it's an odd one nonetheless: the Butthole Surfers. That just projects so many disturbing images...

Angela

Funny you mention the Butthole Surfers straight after, as the Limp Bizkit album isn't named thus because of food..:shifty: You are familiar with gross sexual references? I dont want to smut up the thread, but it's not about um...food..
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom