Best Wilco album opener?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

You know what to do

• I Must Be High

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Misunderstood

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Can't Stand It

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • At Least That's What You Said

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Either Way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
IATTBYH is the favorite among many fans, but I want to give At Least That's What You Said all the credit it deserves. It has amazing contrast, and the guitar solo is PASSIONATE. Wilco is brilliant at recording openers, but that one I believe stands out above the rest.

Dorian Gray said:
is this a vote for best song? or best song as opener?

either way, it's Misunderstood :up:

This is best song, period. Best "as an opener" gets too confusing. :wink:

I know I Must Be High won't get any votes, but it's really fun. :drool:

Wilco really is brilliant at opening tracks. The only one of those that couldn't potentially get my vote is Can't Stand It, because, well, I can't really stand it. I think it's down to Either Way, IATTBYH, or Misunderstood for me. I'm leaning toward Misunderstood. I need to think about it a little more, though.

Hey, maybe you know the answer to this, since you've been to the Tower before. Is "left orchestra" the little section way off to the left, or is it just the left side of the main orchestra section? I don't have a section number on my ticket, just left orchestra row LL. Either way I should be close enough to get some good pictures (of Nels especially :drool: ) but I'm just curious.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

Hey, maybe you know the answer to this, since you've been to the Tower before. Is "left orchestra" the little section way off to the left, or is it just the left side of the main orchestra section? I don't have a section number on my ticket, just left orchestra row LL. Either way I should be close enough to get some good pictures (of Nels especially :drool: ) but I'm just curious.

Left orchestra is, unfortunately, off to the left. LL is very close, however. It's when you get into the single letters (LL is closer than L) that the seats start to get worse. However, the place is so small that most every seat is very good.

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart is one of the few Wilco songs I like.

I had to go with Misunderstood. It's one of my favorites by Wilco. The opening tracks of both discs of Being There are both masterpieces, in my opinion. I wish they'd go back to performing the original version of Sunken Treasure.

LemonMelon said:
IATTBYH is the favorite among many fans, but I want to give At Least That's What You Said all the credit it deserves. It has amazing contrast, and the guitar solo is PASSIONATE. Wilco is brilliant at recording openers, but that one I believe stands out above the rest.

IATTBYH is totally overrated. Idiotic lyrics.

You nailed it about At Least... that guitar solo, and the others on the album, is why I prefer Ghost to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. It's just dirtier.

If you shout... said:
"Airline to Heaven"

Well played. :drool:

I love all of these songs, but I still had to go with ALTWYS for all the aforementioned reasons.

A tie between I Am Trying To Break Your Heart and At Least That's What You Said.

IATTBYH but I'd be tempted to say Sunken Treasure if it was also considered an opener.

Back
Top Bottom