best way to experience music - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2003, 12:15 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:52 AM

Old 04-14-2003, 01:17 AM   #17
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes
And, frankly, it might be nice to imagine Kurt without his heroin and Jim without his whiskey for a moment, since within that flight of fancy they might not be dead.
see, now that's the beauty of it. if kurdt were still here, we'd hate him by now.

Old 04-14-2003, 12:14 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Smoking a joint and listening to records is a blast. Not all the time, cause the weed can F you up, but a couple of times year is perfect.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:33 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

i'm with iris and digi and iwb etc etc etc...music is great when you can fully appreciate the intricacies...which isn't when your brain is being dulled by drugs...
Old 04-14-2003, 03:42 PM   #20
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis Presley

getting high is only fun in college, after that its too damn expensive.....er uh,,,,,irresponsible.....
You are a rapscallion EP.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:02 PM   #21
MacPhisto's serving wench

it seems that there are cases to be made for both....my ex-boyfriend swore by getting stoned, i preferred to listen sober. I've never really understood the people at concerts who get wasted...i would feel like i'm missing something. I think at home, late at night, headphones, in the dark (maybe with my lava lamp on)...that's the atmosphere for me...

or late at night, in the car, down the highway, music turned waaaay up...
Old 04-14-2003, 04:34 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

There is somthing to be said for both. I don't think you really miss somthing if you drink or smoke at a show or while listening to music. I saw Catherine Wheel back in 1992 while high as a kite, and I was mesmerized by them. I also love drinking and listening to Exile On Main Street while dancing and singing up a storm at a party.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:37 PM   #23
The Fly

Local Time: 12:52 PM
I agree with you The_Sweetest_Thing

I love lying in the dark listening to music.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:42 PM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84

see, now that's the beauty of it. if kurdt were still here, we'd hate him by now.

i doubt it. maybe, but you don't know that.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:31 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

You are a rapscallion EP.
I had some rapscallion at Red Lobster last night.....with a side of hashish....

hold the hashish....
Old 04-15-2003, 01:04 AM   #26
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
i doubt it. maybe, but you don't know that.
you're right, i know nothing for certain. i don't know as if i'd want to. but i feel pretty confident assuming that by now, had kurdt not gone the way of legend, that he would have made the weaker album, appeared on the wrong show, said the wrong thing to the press...something, anything that leads the public to begin to call even their most beloved icons "sellouts" after a while.

but now, i have sidetracked your original topic. i apologize.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:35 AM   #27
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
There is somthing to be said for both. I don't think you really miss somthing if you drink or smoke at a show or while listening to music. I saw Catherine Wheel back in 1992 while high as a kite, and I was mesmerized by them. I also love drinking and listening to Exile On Main Street while dancing and singing up a storm at a party.
I suspect that the main reason you were mesmerized was because you were stoned, and not because their music was especially mesmerizing that night. Seriously, from watching some of my friends after they've been partaking in ye ole wacky tabaccy, everything becomes more interesting to them. Whatever happens to be on tv, the drink they're holding in their hand, the patterns on the carpet...

I'd rather be mesmerized as a result of what I'm watching/listening to/experiencing, rather than having my brain tricked into it. But that's just me.

____
Not that there isn't a time and place for downing more alcohol than necessary and listening to loud music. But that's a party and the focus ain't the music.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:25 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:22 AM
well....I must join in on a little comment/confession here

Let me just say...listening to Sigur Ros ( ) after partaking is one of the most surreal moments one can experience.
No, I do not like it BECAUSE of it
it just adds another interesting demension. It seems like you hear EVERY note and instrument clearly...kinda like when you have headphones on. Everything just seems really beautiful

now...this is only 1% of the time for me.
Sometimes I enjoy my music most when I'm driving in the car with it turned all the way up and me singing with no cares in the world!
Old 04-15-2003, 09:35 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

I suspect that the main reason you were mesmerized was because you were stoned, and not because their music was especially mesmerizing that night. Seriously, from watching some of my friends after they've been partaking in ye ole wacky tabaccy, everything becomes more interesting to them. Whatever happens to be on tv, the drink they're holding in their hand, the patterns on the carpet...

I'd rather be mesmerized as a result of what I'm watching/listening to/experiencing, rather than having my brain tricked into it. But that's just me.

____
Not that there isn't a time and place for downing more alcohol than necessary and listening to loud music. But that's a party and the focus ain't the music.
w/o a doubt being stoned makes the ordinary extrordinary. But I must say after that show I bought Catherine Wheel's new album at the time, and every album since. And as far a music not being the focus of a party, I disagree. If you're with the right people music MAKES the party. Of couse i'm talking in terms of "occational" use of substances while enjoying the charms of song. If you need to be whacked out on goof balls everytime you listen to a record you got a wee bit of a problem.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:49 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:52 PM
The very best way to experience music is when you are playing it. And when youre listening to what you did in the studio.

Tracks like Shine On can be the same fine when you are not stoned.

Drugs can enhance creativity, but usually dont have this effect. Most of the times, they make you exaggerate in usage of effects, and sometimes they can really keep you from working. There are so many bands out there you prefer to get stoned instead of working, and thats sad.

In some special moments, though, when everything is perfect, when you would be very creative without drugs anyway, they can stimulate creativity even more. Anyway, Id prefer smoking on a party where I can shake me booty and not think about creating art.

Word is that drugs are uncool. Sometimes...