BEST video game of all time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Tecmo Super Bowl - way better than Tecmo Bowl. Still the best game ever, I can play it for hours.
2. Tetris - Many days wasted.
3. Civ II
4. Sim City 2000
5. FIFA RTWC 98

Combat for the original Atari is the greatest game of all-time, with Pong and The unbelievably fucking perplexing Indiana Jones Atari game nipping at Combat's heels.

In all seriousness, my all-time favorite home video game has to be Ultima IV....at the time, it was light years ahead of anything that came before it. Currently, am loving the Metal Gear series of games, and Madden rules, of course. Also love EA's NHL games.

For actual arcade games, give me Galaga or give me death.

Haha Goldeneye! That ROCKED. I always ended up being Robbie Coltrane....I was never allowed to be Bond! N64 brings many happy memories, including all the Sonics and the legendary Super Mario 64 with the Mattress Land! How do they think those things up?

All the Sims were classics....apart from SimAnt, I never understood that one. I love SimFarm where the cows used to always escape! Hehe.

On the computer Monster Truck Madness playing multiplayer filled in hours of my childhood. GO GRACEDIGGER!

Ok I could go on! Before the world of Windows...paperboy and Dukenuken!

No spoken words said:
The unbelievably fucking perplexing Indiana Jones Atari game

:laugh: I remember 'Raiders of the Lost Ark" on Atari, I was so excited they were making it into a game (I was about 7 and in love with the movie) and then I finally played it and thought "WTF is this?" I though I'd be swingin' over pits and such (Pitfall!), but not the case...

It was NOTHING like the movie, but a classic and definitely on of my favs! :wink:

Come to think of it, has anyone mentioned "Pitfall"? That was the shizzle! :drool:

beatlesboy said:

:laugh: I remember 'Raiders of the Lost Ark" on Atari, I was so excited they were making it into a game (I was about 7 and in love with the movie) and then I finally played it and thought "WTF is this?" I though I'd be swingin' over pits and such (Pitfall!), but not the case...

It was NOTHING like the movie, but a classic and definitely on of my favs! :wink:

Come to think of it, has anyone mentioned "Pitfall"? That was the shizzle! :drool:

Yeah, Pitfall was awesome. Kaboom, too! Amazing how far games have come, though. I play GTA III and cannot believe how expansive it is.

Yeah, anyone that played the Raider's game ended up disappointed and awfully confused.

about Goldeneye:

Me and 3 mates, about a year ago now, bought a console, 4 controllers, GoldenEye and MarioKart for £35. Oh the memories......

1. Goldeneye
2. SSX 3
3. SSX Tricky
4. Civ II
5. Gauntlet
6. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
7. Mario Party (all of them)
8. Contra
9. Pitfall II
10. Oregon Trail

These are just my favorites. :)

I loooooooove me some video games!!

Here be mah favorites, boiiiii...

Perfect Dark
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & The Wind Waker
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Super Smash Brother's Melee!
RESIDENT EVIL 4 (this is quickly becoming my favorite game EVER)
Grand Theft Auto 3 (to be honest, Vice City and San Andreas seemed a bit like a rehash and didn't add much...GTA:3 is tres awesome, though)
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario Bros. 3

Yeah, guess that's it for now, blokes. Adios!

EDIT: right now I'm currently addicted to Pac-Pix...it's on the Nintendo DS where you can draw your own warped-looking pacman and have him chase the ghosts around. lol, it's cra-zazy!

Last edited:
oooh some others that people have reminded me of!

The Sims :drool:
Oregon Trail (I actually found a download of this online about a year ago.)

1: Pong
2: Duke 3D
3: Deus Ex
4: Doom
5: Arcanum
6: Half Life
7: Tetris
8: Sim City
9: Command and Conquer
10: Gravy Trader :wink:

nobody reads this

pepokiss said: