Best U2 album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Ok, excluding Joshua Tree, because of its inherent and unsurpassable greatness, what is your favorite U2 album and why?

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

The Unforgettable Fire because of it's unsurpassable greatness

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Achtung Baby is the best U2 album period and I am including Joshua Tree which is a distant second. Last year Edge was asked the same question during an interview and he chose Achtung as the best U2 album as well.

So there you go.

MAP

I stand corrected. I completely forgot about "Bono Talks in Philly." My favorite part of that classic is the sound of glasses and silverware clinking in the background. Who needs cymbals anyway?

MAP

AB is the best u2 album and rattle and hum and joshua tree after that.

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare

miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)

Why it's the JT double album, of course.
http://www.tiede.com/joshuatree/

tongue.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

POP because everybody else hates it.

I just like it because I like the experimental stuff...love Passengers for that reason, as well. Plus they just really rocked on Pop...love the funky, slidey beats.

Well, I would have to say the best would be ATYCLB. But that's probably just because they released it at a really difficult time in my life and it helped me through a lot. So that's my choice, though it will probably change in the future
smile.gif

hippy

Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree are forever tied in my mind.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Back
Top Bottom