best TV shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Mighty Boosh?

496144069_m.jpg

If only for the one episode I've seen with Old Gregg.

Arrested Development
Seinfeld
30 Rock
The Office (both USA and UK)
South Park
Flight of the Conchords
Dexter
Weeds
Californication
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Simpsons
Scrubs

All pretty great.

lazarus said:
Coming from someone who just finished the first season of The Wire recently, you are in for a real treat.

Believe the hype.

lazarus said:
Coming from someone who just finished the first season of The Wire recently, you are in for a real treat.

Believe the hype.

lazarus said:

Believe the hype.

Then change it up, go for comedy and watch Arrested Development.

ThoraSEB said:
Nobody has mentioned Lost yet?! :tsk: :wink:

This season is incredible. You'd need to watch the previous 3 seasons in order to really know what's going on, but it's worth it. Definitely my favourite show right now.

About time someone mention this show. I was about to lose faith in humanity :lol:

Lost is all you need:rockon:, everything else is a time filler

U2isthebest said:
You need to watch "House" my friend.

sure, but he needs to stop after season 1 ends.

oz was the best thing to ever air on television. and maybe it's just me, but i almost think it's better to get into something that's available in its entirety on dvd and no longer being produced. takes you away from any hype, no waiting undisclosed amounts of time for a new episode.

but you can never go wrong with law and order: original/any acronym.

Battle-fucking-star Galactica. It's like Star Trek meets J.A.G.

Wait, that sounds like a horrible combination. It's not as bad as it looks on paper.

BSG is great, I like that show.

The Wire is probably my favorite show on now.

I also watch Lost, Terminator & Friday Night Lights, though I'm losing interest in it.

Deadwood was awesome as well.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Is Six Feet Under worth getting into?

Yes. :drool: The series was incredibly well written, and I loved the character arcs. Pretty much all of them were unlikeable assholes at some point, and at other times, they were very sympathetic and likable. Very realistic in a way that's rarely portrayed on television. The series finale moved me more than pretty much anything I've ever seen on television OR film, and I still think about it. It's in my top 10 favourite shows of all time.

VintagePunk said:

Yes. :drool: The series was incredibly well written, and I loved the character arcs. Pretty much all of them were unlikeable assholes at some point, and at other times, they were very sympathetic and likable. Very realistic in a way that's rarely portrayed on television. The series finale moved me more than pretty much anything I've ever seen on television OR film, and I still think about it. It's in my top 10 favourite shows of all time.

:yes:

I liked Six Feet Under the first season and the 2nd was good too, but I thought the end of season 2 was not as strong and then I don't think I made it through the 3rd. I don't even know how much longer it went on.

Back
Top Bottom