Best. Testje. Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what present?
can i eat it and not get sick of it? :hyper:

woh

this is my first time in a testje thread

too weird

did somebody say "alcohol"?
where???

Last edited:
i like how you guys don't even bother to wait around for the mods to shut you down at 500:laugh:

:ohmy: So many Dutch ppl here... :wave:

Tomer said:
just finished my pepernoten

^^ If that is what I think it is, you're either a bit too early or very late... :shifty:

Popmartijn said:
I think he's too early. I refuse to buy them before October.

*has to wait until Friday then*

:crack:

October?! :huh:

I only start to buy them in the end of November! :eyebrow:

*starts to wonder if we're talking about the same thing :hmm: *

Well, I'm also a bit addicted to them. I just think that September is way too early. So I made a promise with myself that I'd wait until October. Sounds reasonable to myself. :)

Popmartijn said:
BTW, what do you think are 'pepernoten' then? ;)

... those small christmas cookies with christmas spices that you eat for christmas - that's what 'pepernoten' (which is spelled 'pebbernødder') is here anyway...

Am I wrong?! :reject:

Mullen-Girl said:
Yeah testje is about nothing in particular...just whatever you feel like saying :)
I didn't know that........... righto then.
:hmm: I wish I had a time machine

I think the Dutch variant is a bit different. Yes, they are very small cookies with spices, but we don't eat them for Christmas. At the beginning of December (5 December to be exact), we have another feast, the feast of Saint Nicholas. It is customary to eat those pepernoten then.

More info about the Dutch feast here: http://www.stnicholascenter.org/Brix?pageID=92

:D

cass said:
:hmm: I wish I had a time machine

You're welcome to join mine (<---- 'location') - first stop is in the late 80's! :D

Thanks martijn! :D:up:

It's never bad to learn a little Dutch on a wednesday evening!

Ok... I'm off to bed :yawn: - see you guys tomorrow...

:wave:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
I'm off to do some shopping

*Mental not: Buy new Therapy? cd*

:drool::drool:Therapy?:drool::drool:

I've seen them live 5 times and each time they just got better. First time was just after Infernal Love came out. then they played at the Donington Monsters of Rock festival, where I managed to get lost in the mosh pit :D

the last 3 times I saw them in small venues and they were sooooooo good. I'd say they're my 2nd favourite live band :yes:

ooh I might have to go and put Troublegum on now :drool:

Merc said:

You're welcome to join mine (<---- 'location') - first stop is in the late 80's! :D
:hyper: danka
My visitor from Texas made choc chip-pecan cookies :drool: well, I didn't have one, but hub went into a feeding frenzy with them so they must have been good. I'm off to the beach ( school holidays) and later to check out my son's new abode:hyper: I'm in birthday cake over-drive this weekend :tongue: the mixing bowl.
**gets Tomer some fancy goalie pants for his birthday** more librans...they've got us surrounded :yikes:

Have fun! :up:

Here, it's like that Lemon lyric: Midnight is where the day begins

Thus, it is time for bed.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom