Best Tennis match I can remember

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brettig

New Yorker
Australian Open Quarter final

Andy Roddick d. Younes El Aynoui 4-6, 7-6, 4-6, 6-4, 21-19.

Sad thing is Agassi could watch it all with his feet up...

I just saw the highlights at commence of play yesterday.!WOW!!( I was trying to find out when Andre would be playing..his games/matches are so short I keep missing them!)
Younis is such a honey...did you hear the McEnroe courtside interview after the game? Younis said his legs were a "bit heavy" towards the end.He looks a lot like the man that gave me my beloved SFD papchihuahua dog...I was sorry to see him leave the tournament.
I have a sneaking suspicion Andre would not "put his feet up" very often...only to be massaged or sleep.I heard him interviewed on the radio last night, he did say he still parties.I will be sorry when the tournament is over.
He WANTS this,I hope Andre wins.
I saw some of a McEnroe doing a Q&A interview yesterday too. he was very witty....I think those that make the journey , really enjoy the Oz Open.
We have a small tennis court and club near here, social games. I am seriously thinking of joining a comp., now I am fitter. It's been a loonnnnnnnnng time since I played squash. I seem to recall when I tried to play tennis, I kept hitting the ball over the fence... a hit and a giggle. I hope so?
Enjoy the final, brettig and tennis lovers

ANDRE! ANDRE !ANDRE!!
I hope he wins. If he does he will be playing mixed doubles with Stefi at a tournament somewhere. I would LOVE to see that!

Go Andre. And then come back next year and buy a house!!!.....

imho

Foxxern said:
Hopefully they'll come to their senses and allow fifth set tiebreaks...

Hmmm, I hope that too... NOT!
The absence of a tiebreak in the fifth set is what makes these matches so interesting and what distinguishes a Grand Slam from another tournament. Hopefully the organisation of the US Open will also come to her senses and abandon the fifth set tiebreak.

C ya!

Marty (who has nothing against tiebreaks in the other four sets)

firstly

:laugh: :love: :dance: :hug: :kiss: :combust: :bow: Andre.
The best man/tennis player won.....

imho.

He feels the "love" and "half australian". Didn't Bono say something like that once, and Ali made some comment about knowing which half was catholic? tee heee. Both sweet men who obviously are deeply in love with their wives.
Andre made reference to the mixed doubles at the French Open. Seems he announced that prematurely and Stefi is not impressed. He said something about it won't be the first or last thing he says that gets him into trouble in the next 50 years......50 YEARS!!.......what a sweetie.
Because the match was so fast( that's my boy) McEnroe said , as it reached the final stages, we are about to have perhaps the longest after-match interview in sporting history ( that guy is funny)He asked about Andre's daily routine..Andre said it starts at 3am giving little man his bottle...........awwww:heart:"little man" :heart:awwwwwwww I wonder how you say that in German?

One of my life's regrets( no a big one, but it remains...like not buying the Elvis doll when the toy shop closed down 'cause I didn't have $8.75. hmmm a LOT of small businesses have gone...that's sad)A local sports shop here was closing down and had everything half price. I was wanting to buy good tungsten darts for my son, but they were still expensive at half price. I had chosen a $15 pedometer for myself, to encourage me to walk further. I looked up on the wall and there was a mounted block print of young Andre, full-flight in a serve, long hair aflying, good msucle definition. It was $15 too ...I shoulda oughta boughta that!!!...........shoulda.
Anyway.....you may detect I am rather pleased ...HE WON!!!

and secondly..."shelling peas"?
ewwwwww, my mother used to pick peas( she hated that job, back-breaking) and I used to have to shell them, ewwwwwwww.
Not once during that game was I reminded of shelling peas. teeheee.
I think there should be a player's union/conference where they discuss tie-breaks and their experienced opinion is listened to.

just thought of something else Andre said that I thought was good.

....we are not guaranteed a tomorrow.

I missed it dammit. Not surprisingly Andy was in no shape to win his next match. I don't think they should have fifth set tie-breakers. If it's a Grand Slam, play it out.

my friend deepan and i went three sets once. he won.
i dont think i got a point.

Back
Top Bottom