Best Super Furry Animals song/album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
One of the best bands of the 90's and beyond. Still making great music today. :up: One of their greatest assets is that they don't have just one masterpiece; they have consistently released one great album after another throughout their career, which makes this question much tougher. :hmm: For me, at the moment:

Best album - Radiator

Best song - Sidewalk Surfer Girl

Picking a best song was almost impossible. She's Got Spies has its feelings hurt right now. :sad:

Album: Rings Around the World
Song: Juxtapose With U

You're right in that each album is a different kind of masterpiece (I think Phantom Power is really underrated, and Love Kraft is a gorgeous and lush pop gem), but I think Rings is somewhat of a magnum opus for them. Plus I tend to group the bonus EP along with it, which has the phenomenal send off of Edam Anchorman/All the Shit U Do.

Juxtapose is the perfect SFA combo of a great pop song, weirdo effects, and off-kilter lyrics. How can you not love a song with vocoder verses and a sing-along chorus of "You've got to tolerate/all those people that you hate/I'm not in love with you/but I won't hold that against you"??

Runner up is probably Venus and Serena, which is as infectious a tune as I've ever heard.

my favorite album, because sentimental reasons is "Rings around the world" and my favorite song is "Tradewinds", some kind of b-side from the limited edition of "Rings..."

saying that this album and song are my favorites I'm not meaning they are their best... I think their best album es "Radiator"

what do you think about "Hey! Venus"?

Hey Venus! is fucking brilliant.

Best album is, without a doubt, Rings Around the World.

The best song is basically impossible to choose. I dunno. Maybe "Sidewalk Surfer Girl," as was mentioned? Perhaps "Chupacabras"...? It could be either "The Man Don't Give a Fuck" or "Wherever I Lay My Phone (That's My Home)," too...not to mention "Juxtaposed With U," "Night Vision," "Hometown Unicorn," "Hermann Loves Pauline," "Receptacle for the Respectable," "Ice Hockey Hair," "Wrap it Up," "Ysbeidiau Heulog," or, of course, "Slow Life." I'm even willing to bet that I'll be willing to consider "Into the Night" and "Show Your Hand" to this list of candidates, in the future. Fucking fantastic band. You can't do anything better than this with 4/4, baby.

lazarus said:
Ahh, I forgot Ice Hockey Hair. Epic SFA.

If this had been on an album, if might have been my favorite by now.

Guerilla would be about 3x better in my eyes had they included it on there. But sometimes, like Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane supposedly having a shot at making Sgt. Pepper, these things just don't work out.

Jack In The Box said:
I think their best album es "Radiator"

do you see? I can't deny my language LOL

I second that ""Receptacle for the Respectable" mention

Back
Top Bottom