Best Spin-Off Band or Supergroup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeadsOnSticks

New Yorker
It's gotta be a tie between Arcadia ( Simon le Bon, Nick Rhodes, & Roger Taylor of Duran Duran) or Neil Finn's supergroup from the "7 Worlds Collide" live shows. Check out this line up:

Neil Finn: Vocals, guitar
Eddie Vedder (of Pearl Jam): Vocals, guitar
Johnny Marr (of The Smiths): Guitar, vocals
Ed O'Brien (of Radiohead): Guitar, vocals, assorted noises
Phil Selway (of Radiohead): drums
Sebastien Steinberg (of Soul Coughing): bass
Lisa Germano (awesome solo artist & former John Mellencamp fiddle player): keyboards, vocals, guitars

:drool:

Ok...your turn!

Supergroups:

Travelling Wilburys : Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Jeff Lynn, Roy Orbison
Temple of the Dog - Pearl Jam/Soundgarden merger
Passengers
Audioslave - or is this a spin off?
Dungeon Family

Spin off group:

Zwan - or is this a supergroup?
Sparta - from At the Drive-In
New Order - from Joy Division
Erasure - from Depeche Mode

Last edited:
here's a quirky choice. I'm quite taken with Looper, started by the bassist (I think) from "Belle and Sebastian". :D

The Highwaymen:

Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson (hehehe), Waylon Jennings...

Country, but still a great super-group nonetheless.

Spinoff group:

Wings
Pearl Jam (from MotherLoveBone)

what do you think of the supergroup "the dirty mac" that played "yer blues" at the rolling stones rock and roll circus back in 1968:

john lennon on rhythm guitar and vocals, eric clapton on lead guitar, keith richards on bass, and mitch mitchell of the jimi hendrix experience on drums.

or if you like technical perfection:

john mc laughlin, al di meola and paco de lucia recorded perhaps the best guitar playing ever on "friday night in san francisco".

HeadsOnSticks said:
that is what i was gonna say! arcadia was intensly better than power station, the other splinter group.

as for spin-off groups, i'd have to go with new order. i'm not too familiar with most of their stuff, but my husband's a huge fan, so i have to say that or else he'll kill me, lol. he's trying to convert me. :)

Travelling Wilburys
Temple Of The Dog
Passengers
A Perfect Circle
Zwan

maybe Gorillaz

Back
Top Bottom