best songs, best music when you're completely loaded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigloader

The Fly
Just wondering if anyone had any particular favorites for when they are shitfaced drunk. My girlfriend and I have a pretty regular rotation that always makes it's way out. Does anyone else do this, and what groups, more specifcally songs, are best to listento while you're plowed? If you want to include some u2 songs, fine, but keep it to a low number, maybe 3 or four. We always end the night with at least ten straight from u2.....
This should be an interesting thread! I'm dying to hear what people will say. Thanks!

I always find some Brit Pop fits the bill nicely.

Ah, shitfaced in a club and you (and everyone else) shouting along to "Park life" and "Supersonic" :rockon:

AC/DC - Have A Drink On Me
Def Leppard - Me And My Wine
Def Leppard - Bringin' On The Heartbreak
Def Leppard - Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)
Puddle Of Mudd - Blurry
Journey - Feelin' That Way
Cheap Trick - Downed
Cheap Trick - Heaven Tonight
Pink Floyd - Vera / Bring The Boys Back Home / Comfortably Numb
The Cars - Good Times Roll
U2 - Lady With The Spinning Head
U2 - Gone
Foreigner - Double Vision

Aardvark747 said:

:yes:

"does anybody here remember Vera Lynn? Remember how she said that we would meet again....some sunny day?"

:wink:

Vera, Vera ... what has become of you ??
Does anybody else here ... feel the way I do ?? :sad:

BRING THE BOYS BACK HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applaud:

Is there anybody out there ?? :reject:
Hello ... :wave:
Is there anybody in there ??
Just nod if you can hear me ... :yes:
Is there anyone at home ??
Come on , now ... I know you're feeling down !! :no:
Well I can ease your pain ...
Get you on your feet again ......... :dancing:

One time in high school when I was rather FUBAR at a party, I had an oddly terrifying experience in a dark room whilst Ministry's "Psalm 69" album played at excruciatingly loud volumes.

ACDC - I'm not a big fan, but fun when loaded

Metallica - Master of Puppets !!

Santana - goes off on guitar tangents that blow the mind

The Who - anything off of Live from Leads.....they go off and you forget what song they started with until they come back to it.

When I'm "shitfaced drunk" I honestly don't pay any attention to/ don't care about the music around me. When I am moderately drunk I enjoy hearing Chemical Brothers "Hey boy, hey girl".

Lara Mullen said:
When I am moderately drunk I enjoy hearing Chemical Brothers "Hey boy, hey girl".

I'm going to try that one this next weekend!! :hmm:

and you can try:

The Doors (any song will do the job!!!)

Acrobat_Al said:

:scratch: :lmao: :lmao:

Nice joke!

Who ever said I was joking? The first three songs are probably some of the best drunken anthems ever (probably the result of going to Providence College). You can't beat being in a dive-bar and belting those songs out at the top of your lungs. I admit that Dangerzone may be a strange choice but it's from Top Gun and who doesn't wanna be Maverick?

The Doors (any song will do the job!!!)

:applaud:

Also.... (all albums)

Beck - Seachange (for down low nights)
Audioslave - Audioslave (for up high nights)
Grandaddy - Sophtware Slump (in the middle)
Janes Addiction - Strays (up high........ just because!)
Shihad - The General Electric (up high)
Underground Lovers - Dream It Down (middle)
Flaming Lips - Yoshimi & The Battle of the Pink Robots (middle)
Silverchair - Diorama (up high and touching the stars baby!)

:bow:

oh yeah.... and Doves - Lost Souls.... :drool:

Last edited:
randhail said:

Who ever said I was joking? The first three songs are probably some of the best drunken anthems ever (probably the result of going to Providence College). You can't beat being in a dive-bar and belting those songs out at the top of your lungs. I admit that Dangerzone may be a strange choice but it's from Top Gun and who doesn't wanna be Maverick?

I'll back you up, Randhail. Living on a Prayer is huge. I think that some people are talking about being loaded and sitting around and thinking reflectively... But, I'm with you for the dive bar/college party approach. In the same "getting bombed from a solo cup and a ridiculous streak of beirut wins " vein (and adding to my Don't Stop Believin' and Laid):

Bust A Move - Young MC
Shook Me All Night - AC/DC
Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
Paradise City - GNR
Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
Glory Days - Bruce
Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran

Mmmmmmm..... I can practically taste the Natty Light now!

Last edited:
randhail said:
Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer
Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
Don McLean - American Pie
Top Gun Soundtrack - Dangerzone

I know you are kidding.
if not, I am sorry.

Last edited:
No kidding in me here at all. What is wrong with these songs? They are good time songs that you and your buddies can sing along to. I'm willing to bet a good amount of recent college grads will back me up on this. I'm just not one for the pensive drunkeness.

Back
Top Bottom