Best single of the year so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WithOrWithoutYo

The Fly
Who has released the best Single of the year so far, and which was it? I'm going to go with Coldplay - Clocks ... or Foo Fighters - Times Like These.

there there, clocks and seven nation army r all good choices. the best single should have been where i end and you begin from radiohead. maybe later.

brettig said:
Seven Nation Army.

:up:

Despite loving the song and the album, I don't think "There There" is much of a "single" - I don't think it is something that is horribly catchy and will end up selling albums by itself. The Jason Mraz song could do that though - despite your laughter. And "Seven Nation Army" is truly a GREAT single.[/realist rant]

George Harrison - Any Road
Radiohead - There There
Coldplay - The Scientist
Soundtrack of Our Lives - Sister Surround (I think it's from this year - or was it 2002?)
Nick Cave - Bring It On

oh, and i see headsonstix put timberlake in his list. ive never heard that song, but i can tell you that had he released his first two singles this year, i would have put them on my list.

Coldplay - Clocks (IIRC, The Scientist is from last year, at least in Europe)
Solomon Burke - Soul Searchin' (just had to namecheck him again)

otherwise I can't think of any great singles (although Beyonce's Crazy In Love is damn catchy). Maybe The Androids with Do It With Madonna (nominated for novelty song).

'The Bitter End' - Placebo. Not a big fan of the band, but this songs just plain rocks. In fact I'd go as far as saying this is the best single in the last three years. It's also great to stalk to.

...What can I say, I like to watch...

While I love Clocks and There There, I must vote for The Bitter End by Placebo for the sheer fact that I cannot get enough of it. It is so rocking and is such a perfect first single off SWG. If you haven't heard it, you should definitely give it a listen. The video is good too.

Back
Top Bottom