Best single of the year so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Radiohead - There, There

now...correct me if I'm wrong...but Fight Test by the F Lips only just came out this year right?

is so, that may be the best

I'm gonna have to be an unoriginal wanker and agree on Clocks by Coldplay.

Though how about some Can't Stop by the Chili Peppers? that's a grreeat track, and one of the bestest videos, too.

meegannie said:
Single as in song, or single as in the cd? :confused:

There are very few songs actually released for sale on cd as a single here in the states. Now when Singles are "released", you are usually talking about their release to radio and a video on MTV.

The Scientist was released to radio in June and the video started being played on MTV/MTV2 this month.

Skeek,

Yes! RHCP with Can't Stop, how can I forget that one! It was for me the reason to buy that album. :up:
Today I saw a video for Shakira's Ojos Asi. Earlier I heard that this was supposed to be her new single here in the Netherlands. If that is the case then that one gets my vote too. A great song. :up:
Even though it's already 5 years old...

C ya!

Marty

A few radio songs that have really caught my ear this year:

- Sam Roberts - Don't Walk Away Eileen

- Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Zephyr Song

- Sam Roberts - Where Have All The Good People Gone

- Coldplay - Clocks

- Coldplay - The Scientist

Why hasn't anyone mentioned, "Intuition" by Jewel?

---Seriously, I love Seven Nation Army.

And what about those two brilliant:eyebrow: covers of 1970's pop-rock "Drift Away" by Uncle Kracker and "Big Yellow Taxi" by Counting Crows?

wow there have actually been some good singles out this year! :)

I agree with

clocks & the scientist - Coldplay
there there - Radiohead
seven nation army - White Stripes
times like these - Foo Fighters
can't stop - Chili Peppers
taxi ride - Tori Amos
forget about tomorrow - Feeder

ah, I forgot to close this thread after I stated that "Bring it on" by Nick Cave is the single of the year so far

The top 5 singles I particularly like from this year:

-"Sing Along"-Blue Man Group featuring Dave Matthews (this is a cool song...very funky)
-"Clocks"-Coldplay
-"The Scientist"-Coldplay
-"Seven Nation Army"-White Stripes (have I mentioned that the music in this song kicks major arse?)
-"Bring Me To Life"-Evanescence

But "Like A Stone" and "The Remedy" are pretty good, too.

Anyone like "Harder To Breathe" by Maroon 5?

That song's got a catchy chorus.

And I also like "Are You Happy Now?" by Michelle Branch.

Angela

Last edited:
Great choice Salome.

I can't narrow it down to just one.

Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
The Scientist - Coldplay(I really like the video to this one - it's quite effective, particularly towards the end)
There There - Radiohead
Bring It On - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Like A Stone - Audioslave

eaisly Audioslave better than all the cold playe,s and etc etc.like a stone and their new single show me how to live, also a song called set me free from a band called Velvet revolver that will put all these pussey bands like coldplay in its place.
i hate Seven Nation Army(well when it came out i thought it was alright nothing special) but now when mtv playes it like for the 30th time(a day) i just flip the channel.

Diamonds and Guns!

Clocks and Seven Nation Army are both excellent.

You Were the Last High by the Dandy Warhols deserves mention. If you haven't heard it yet, you are in for a treat. Love the Dandys :heart:

However, the best song of the past year is:

Diamonds and Guns - The Transplants

Back
Top Bottom