Best restauraunt chain ever.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
No contest, Steak and Shake. I LOVE THIS PLACE. And it sucks since I never eat there, the closest one is about four hours away. They don't seem to go much further south than Kansas City or so. When I grow up, I'm gonna eat there all day, everyday. I am so freakin' hungry right now.
frown.gif

------------------
This post brought to you by: Bono "God have mercy, you're a hopeless guitar player! You even make me feel better, you son of a bitch!"

AIM: JuanSwallow

Nope.

Milo's.

And if you don't live in the greater metropolitan area of Birmingham, Alabama, tough.

Without the special sauce, their burgers are decent and the fries (salted with "cheese-salt") are damn tasty.

With the sauce?

It's addictive powers rival crack.

(Damn, I'm jonesing for Milo's right now.)

biggrin.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

Well, you asked for chains....

Olive Garden! Absolutely no contest there. And it's the only place I eat salad along with my food. Add it with a nice bottle of wine, and it's perfect.

But I tend to like non-chains better anyway, but out of all the chains, that is my favorite.

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

'Bubba, you are disqualified!!!!! You can't even follow the rules. It MUST be a chain, regional at the minimum. Some Po-dunk shack in Deliverance, Alabama doesn't count.

Steak 'n Shake.. just partook last night!

double steakburger and a milkshake.. love the dollop of whipped cream and cherry on top!!

They used to be only in the smaller towns in the midwest. Now, they've come to Chicago and you can just about find one anywhere you turn your head!!

Culver's is another small chain, originating in Wisconsin I believe. Very good too, somewhat similiar to Steak 'n Shake.

Olive Garden!! Agree with Melon.

Johnny we have Steak N Shakes here in Tampa..Quite a few of them actually..They do have great food , indeed....
wink.gif

My other choice would be Ryan's Steakhouse..

------------------
****Formerly known as Miss Bonovista..Now known as Mrs.Emeraldscorpio.****

Ok, I did some snooping and found out that the nearest one to me is about 65 miles in Branson, Mo. And there are 2 in Arkansas but not near me.
frown.gif
Oh well, let's read from the official website ( www.steakandshake.com ) to cheer me up:

The Steak n Shake Company currently operates over 380 Steak n Shake restaurants, with over 50 franchised, in 17 states, primarily in the Midwest and Southeast.

What is Steak n Shake? A restaurant. And by that we mean a place where, instead of standing in line to order, you sit down. We serve you from a full menu including chili, melts, salads, soups, and club sandwiches. But we are most famous for Steakburgers.

Why do we call them Steakburgers? Because we can. Steakburgers are made from real steak cuts-- sirloin, t-bone and strip steak-- and grilled a special way to sear in the flavor. Our real-milk Milk Shakes are hand dipped the old fashioned way as we have done it from our start. These are our core items: Steakburgers and Milk Shakes-good enough to name a restaurant after.

Steak n Shake is one of the oldest
restaurant chains in the United States. The first
Steak n Shake opened in Normal, Illinois back in 1934. Then, food was prepared on a grill
out in front of the guest, not hidden in back.
"In sight, it must be right" meant you could be sure your food was cooked the way you ordered it. And we do it the same today. Your food is cooked to order and delivered on china to your table by a friendly server. We do not do what we do for nostalgic reasons, but because for over 66 years we have believed it is the right way to please our customers.

There are over 380 locations in Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, Florida, Michigan, Georgia, Ohio, Kentucky, Iowa, Arkansas, Kansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, Wisconsin, and South Carolina.

map.gif

------------------
This post brought to you by: Bono "God have mercy, you're a hopeless guitar player! You even make me feel better, you son of a bitch!"

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 09-07-2001).]

Why do I always post this crap when I haven't eaten!!?!?! I AM SO FREAKING HUNGRY!!!
d2.gif

2steak.jpg

turkclub.jpg

cobbler.gif

------------------

Steak and Shake! I went to one after the U2 concert in columbus...got a little drunk after the show and had to get some food...

when I lived in Indianapolis we used to go all the time as well. It's good late night food. I wish they had them up here in NH....it would do kickin' business w/ the college....

------------------
hhhhhmmmmmmmm..........

Originally posted by popkidu2:
Steak and Shake! I went to one after the U2 concert in columbus...got a little drunk after the show and had to get some food...

Popkidu2, you went to the Columbus show? Same here. I was gonna go the Steak and Shake close to my house, but was more thirstly than hungry. Steak and Shakes are everywhere in Columbus. I can think of about three that are less then 15min away. Sorry to make the hunger tougher Johnny, but thought I'd share.

Steak and Shake? I've never even heard of it! Notice how they rudely forgot to hook us up with a Steak and Shake location in Louisiana
biggrin.gif

Honestly, when I first saw this topic, Olive Garden came to mind right away... looks like there are plenty of Olive Garden fans!! Their salad is to die for, and I get the Crawfish Acadiana every time just about.

ARGH, now I'm hungry
smile.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

heh heh.....it's funny that you should say Steak and Shake is your favorite restaurant chain Johnny Swallow. For me, the worst meal I had at a restaurant period was at a Steak and Shake in Georgia. Perhaps it was just this particular restaurant but I remember the hamburger pattie was ridiculously thin and black and tasted like a piece of charcoal. The fries were awful as well. The only thing good I remember about the place was the milkshake...that was pretty good.

But I must agree with Melon about the Olive Garden. I love love love the Olive Garden. Their salads are fantastic. I love the salads so much I figured out how to make a salad that tastes exactly like it. I get all the basic ingredients, usually a bag of Italian Blend Dole salad mix, tomatoes, a red onion, pre-thinly grated parmesan cheese, and small banana peppers if I find them, Ceasar flavored croutons and the most important, toss it all with Ken's Steakhouse lite Ceasar salad dressing. I swear it tastes just like it. Yum! now I'm hungry too!
tongue.gif

Hooters
wink.gif

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

Back
Top Bottom