Best Pwned Moments In Celebrity History

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lylle Lovetts pwns reality.

Roberts_Lov88090743_400.jpg

Andy Dick was pwned recently by Lon Lovitz (he blames him for giving Phil Hartman's wife drugs after she had been sober and he supposedly smashed his head into a bar). Well Andy Dick is pretty much a walking pwned anyway..:D

Beyonce pwned by Jennifer Hudson

Last edited:
Elvis Presley Pwned by drugs and dying on the Crapper.

Kid Rock and Tommy Lee Pwned by Pamela Anderson

ultravioletluvv said:
I'm sorry but, WTF is pwned? I kept looking at the other thread thinking somebody made a typo...:huh:

Pwn is a slang term that implies domination and/or humiliation of a rival. It sprang from the similar term "owned" and is used primarily in the Internet gaming culture to taunt an opponent that has just been soundly defeated. Examples include "pwnage" or "you just got pwned". It can also be used, especially by non-gamers, in the context of getting "pwned" by The Man.
In Internet security jargon, to "pwn" means "to compromise" or "to control", specifically another computer (server or PC), web site, gateway device, or application; it is synonymous with one of the definitions of hacking. An outside party who has "owned" or "pwned" a system has obtained unauthorized administrative control of the system.
The term was one of 16 to appear on the 2006 "List of Words and Phrases Banished from the Queen's English for Misuse, Overuse and General Uselessness," released annually by Lake Superior State University.[1]The word "pwn" [2][3] may have arisen and spread as a typo (or fat-finger) of the word "own," arising from the proximity of the 'p' and 'o' keys on a standard English keyboard. Sometime in the 1980s, along with the advent of the hacker phenomenon, "pwned" became a synonym for "hacked" or "taken over by exploitation of a vulnerability." The word "pwn" remains in use as Internet social-culture slang meaning: to take unauthorized control of someone else or something belonging to someone else by exploiting a vulnerability.

Thanks for the definition. I've actually never heard that phrase before. I'm surprised so many people here had. :huh:

That was a huge running joke between me and my friends for about a year.

"You're a jerk!"

There are obviously many things you can say about Cruise, but he was about as professional as you could expect one to be in a situation like that.

Back
Top Bottom