Best Pearl Jam album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

No live records included, but I'm sure you'll live:

• Ten

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Vs.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Vitalogy

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • No Code

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Yield

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Binaural

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Riot Act

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pearl Jam

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Okay just because somebody voted for Ten doesn't mean they're a grunge freak from 1992. Stop making blind assumptions on the voting pattern. I like Yield, No Code and Binaural almost as much as Ten. Yet I voted Ten because I think it is slightly better overall and is one of the best albums of our time.

You could say Rubber Soul is one of the best albums of all time, but it sure as hell ain't better than the Beatles albums that follow it (save maybe for Let It Be).

Ten is too sonically limited, and aside from a handful of seminal tracks, doesn't yield up the variety or musicianship of the subsequent releases. We're not talking The Velvet Underground and Nico here.

And as far as your grunge comment is concerned, I reiterate that the album sounds extremely dated, and a vote for it can't help but being a nostalgic vote for that period.

lazarus said:
And as far as your grunge comment is concerned, I reiterate that the album sounds extremely dated, and a vote for it can't help but being a nostalgic vote for that period.

It could be a nostalgic vote. But it doesn't have to be. Somebody may actually prefer the songs on Ten to the songs on every other album!!1 Oh teh horror! :wink:

lazarus said:
You could say Rubber Soul is one of the best albums of all time, but it sure as hell ain't better than the Beatles albums that follow it (save maybe for Let It Be).

Rubber Soul > White Album. I don't utilize the skip button when listening to the former, but it never leaves my sight when listening to the latter.

LemonMelon said:

Rubber Soul > White Album. I don't utilize the skip button when listening to the former, but it never leaves my sight when listening to the latter.

As long as you play the entirety of Rocky Raccoon.

LemonMelon said:
Rubber Soul > White Album.

Never in a million years. While the White Album isn't as consistent as RS, and has a few cuts I'd get rid of too (Wild Honey Pie, Honey Pie, Long Long Long), it's almost endlessly inventive, and features Lennon's best set of songs from his tenure with the band. You could almost make the same case for McCartney, too, with some eye-opening excursions on Helter Skelter & Why Don't We Do It In The Road.

lazarus said:

and has a few cuts I'd get rid of too (...Long Long Long)

Long, Long, Long is one of the best songs on the White Album. :tsk: Sorry that it doesn't blast out of the speakers, but it's incredible. :up:

lazarus said:

Ten is too sonically limited, and aside from a handful of seminal tracks, doesn't yield up the variety or musicianship of the subsequent releases. We're not talking The Velvet Underground and Nico here.

This is the dumbest post you've ever written.

Back
Top Bottom