best opening track of a debut album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gav6519

War Child
probably been done before, i dunno.

rock and roll star from definetly maybe immediatly springs to mind.

The Clash - Janie Jones
U2 - I Will Follow
The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop!
The Jam - Art School
Elastica - Line Up
Suede - So Young
REM - Radio Free Europe
Damien Rice - Delicate
Stiff Little Fingers - Suspect Device
Pearl Jam - Once
Crowded House - Mean To Me
Oasis - Rock n' Roll Star
Manic Street Preachers - Slash n' Burn
Coldplay - Don't Panic

all excellent excellent songs. except Slash n' Burn. which is just good. but I felt no list is complete without any input from the Manics.

he's in love with rock n roll whaaaaaaaaoooooooo
he's in love with getting stoned whaaaooooooooooo
he's in love with janie jones whaaaaooo
he don't like his boring job no!

i really can't think of anything to add (i'm sure i'll spend the next couple hours remembering stuff though). as for worst way to start off an album though, i nominate dropkick murphys for starting off blackout with "walk away". :down:

i always skip astronomy domine :shrug:

still can't think of anything new. i suck.

im gonna go ahead and state the obvious one...Where The Streets Have No Name - U2.....how that got left out....i cannot say

DrMusk said:
im gonna go ahead and state the obvious one...Where The Streets Have No Name - U2.....how that got left out....i cannot say

well, the thread was for DEBUT album, but your hearts in the right place.:wink:

personally, I really think I Will Follow takes the cake.

dsmith2904 said:
"Welcome to the Jungle" from "Appetite for Destruction."

I agree whole heartedly. Serioulsy what opening song has stood the test of time more? Jungle is what Guns are all about basically. It's as fresh today as it was in 1987. Many of the songs mentioned are great but "best opening song to a debut album" Easily it's Welcome to the Jungle.

Hallucination said:

I agree whole heartedly. Serioulsy what opening song has stood the test of time more? Jungle is what Guns are all about basically. It's as fresh today as it was in 1987. Many of the songs mentioned are great but "best opening song to a debut album" Easily it's Welcome to the Jungle.

Thank you. That album is still so jarring, so hard core, so unapologetic and I love it!!! But "Welcome to the Jungle," the low, growling guitar followed by Axl's yowl, that's one hell of a way to introduce yourself to the world. Without a doubt people will still be blown away by "Appetite" in 20 years, and probably more.

IWasBored said:
debut album? who said anything about debut albums?

That's what the topic of this thread is. "best opening song from a debut album"

Can any of you guys tell me how to send PM's? I figured you just had to click on the user's name and that would work. guess not.

Hallucination said:

That's what the topic of this thread is. "best opening song from a debut album"

there's a little thing called the 'edit' button. and that's what i did, edited my post.

:rant:

I wanted to name that song, Friar! :tongue:

The Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There (that was the first track from Please, Please Me, wasn't it?)
Lou Reed - I Can't Stand It

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom