best new band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm sorry if I missed your favorite, I limited it to bands debuting since 2000

• coldplay

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • starsailor

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • elbow

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • electric soft parade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • black rebel motorcycle club

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • remy zero

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • badly drawn boy

• the hives

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • the strokes

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • the vines

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • clinic

• doves

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
alright Ive thought about it..

it's a 3-way tie: Doves/Coldplay/Electric Soft Parade :D

Remy Zero aren't all bad, I like the Golden Hum :eek:
i bought an earlier album which has never grabbed my attention if that says anything for it

Zoomerang96 said:
i voted for clinic, though i havent heard much of their stuff.

the rest of the bands dont interest in me in the slightest.

elbow and doves get so much attention from the ladies here that it turns me off and i automatically hate them before i will even get the chance to hear them.
Okay, Zoomerang, do your self a really big, big favour: take the ladies out of the equation. Totally. Just remove them from the entire context of these two unbelievable bands. You'll be rewarded by some extraordinary music. You thought Radiohead took it to the next level on Amnesiac? Try listening to Asleep in the Back by Elbow. And you thought no one made music in the same league as U2's Unforgettable Fire to Achtung Baby period anymore? Try listening to both Doves albums. As for Doves, I suggest you download 'The Cedar Room' first, and then some of these... 'Here It Comes', 'Sea Song', 'There Goes The Fear', 'Satellites', 'Pounding', 'Catch The Sun', 'Words' (this last one is almost in the same vein as 'Streets' -- big anthem rocker). But your best bet, really is to listen to both albums, entirely. The first album is more ambient, slightly more "arty". The second one is more catchy, a little more mainstream, but both albums have unusual song structures that meander their way into something completely different from how they start.

I voted for Doves, btw.

Last edited:
I think Doves has some great music. I've turned a few people at work on to them.

Elbow is good, too.

I am surprised that Coldplay has so many votes, not that they are bad. I just don't find them very unique.

My $ .02

Last edited:
I agree about Coldplay, and I think they are highly overrated, they're a decent band, but I've been listening to their new album and it's a bit underwhelming, a few excellent new tunes, but overall not very inspiring

off your list, 'the Strokes' and 'Doves'.

'Clinic' would be higher except for the fact that they look like a bunch of benders playing on stage, and 'BRMC' is way too derivative, imo, and in a much more aggrivating way than 'the Strokes' may be.

not from your list, 'Hot Hot Heat's' EP is f'ing excellent. check out "5 times out of a 100." Also, 'And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead' ("How near how far") is damn good, as are the 'Liars' ("Grown men don't fall in the river, just like that").

Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me

the best band is my band , but i won't tell our name , not yet , cause we didn't played a single gig , and nor we can play on any instruments , in fact we even don't know each other :madspit: :madspit: :mad: :mad:

Gabba Gabba Hey!

pinkfloyd said:
the best band is my band , but i won't tell our name , not yet , cause we didn't played a single gig , and nor we can play on any instruments , in fact we even don't know each other :madspit: :madspit: :mad: :mad:

Screw that, my band is better!

:macdevil:

The Wanderer said:
did you get me the Sheryl Crow autographed panties yet?

I hope to visit Florida again in October. I don't anticipate retrieving any undergarments for you, but if I see her at the Red Bar, I will get her to autograph a cocktail napkin, if possible.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom