best mp3 player?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
i realize the ipod thing is gonna get mentioned a lot here, but please be subjective.

i know there's a lot of good mp3 players, and my brother got a good one recently. something "river" or whatever. it's got lots of cool features, though it can't carry that many songs.

you people should help me out. what should i get?

also, please post pictures of what you endorse. i'd like to see what it looks like too.

my friend has a rio, and you can store about 30 songs on it. i took it with me to europe now, and it was alright, 7ust not nearly enough storage space.

come on people, i want suggestions!

what my brother got was an 'i river', and it kicks ass. i want something i can also connect easily to my car, so keep that in mind.

don't deny me, people, or you will b

mm ive had a 30GB ipod for 2 years now and it has worked fine, it froze once about a month after i bought it but it unfroze quickly other than that i havent had any problems ( i have a mac laptop if that makes any difference) the only problem i would say is that 30GB is not nearly enough space for my music collection but i connect the ipod to the car easily and it has withstood many falls on concrete floors so for me personally the ipod has been wonderful :)

shit, 30 gigs isnt nearly enough? wow, you've got a lot of music.

there's no way i'd need that much, i wouldn't think. do you put everything you have on there?

I heard the iriver is good. The ipod shuffle is also good and decently priced.

If can't afford one of the higher end ones, I'd suggest going with one that has the slot for a SD/MMC card, I think the rio ones have expansion slots.

In terms of connecting to your car, Belkin makes a good radio transmitter. It's about $15-20, plugs into the headphone jack and you can set it to one of the lower end "blank" stations.

Zoomerang96 said:
my friend has a rio, and you can store about 30 songs on it. i took it with me to europe now, and it was alright, 7ust not nearly enough storage space.

:eyebrow: but you can get a Rio in any size you want....

Mine was given to me, I have no idea how much it is. A Creative mp3 player, you can make voice recordings in wav files which I find useful when I am writing to see how it reads. Also has radio and... other stuff I have not explored but I get the impression it is a basic and functional mp3 player. Still, better to get one than lose all of one's U2 collection on an aeroplane.

foray

I was given a Dell DJ 20 gig. Holds 10,000 songs, and it has worked great. Never had any problems with it. I'm planning to buy an iPod soon, but I can't make up my mind whether I should buy the U2 edition or the iPod mini.

foray said:
Mine was given to me, I have no idea how much it is. A Creative mp3 player, you can make voice recordings in wav files which I find useful when I am writing to see how it reads. Also has radio and... other stuff I have not explored but I get the impression it is a basic and functional mp3 player. Still, better to get one than lose all of one's U2 collection on an aeroplane.

foray

how on earth do you remember that? that was like four and a half years ago.

you're amazing.

i have an ipod shuffle

it only holds about 125 songs, but that seems to be more than enough for me

i never seem to be anywhere long enough to need even that many

plus, the price was nice, and it's pretty

it may not be what you're looking for, but i at least i have a picture

3439%3B%3A%3B523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3B74%3D4%3B9%3DXROQDF%3E2323876%3C63978ot1lsi

lowercase....can you plug other features into the shuffle? Like Jkayet had this thing this weekend that you could plug into the IPod and listen to it on my car radio (I suck and do not have a CD player in my car...just AM/FM).!?

zoney! said:
lowercase....can you plug other features into the shuffle? Like Jkayet had this thing this weekend that you could plug into the IPod and listen to it on my car radio (I suck and do not have a CD player in my car...just AM/FM).!?
this is why i love my ipod. i bought the itrip to go with it and i can listen to it anywhere and on anything that will broadcast an fm signal, which is perfect for the car. and i have a LOT of music and i'm not even CLOSE to filling up 20GB.

i don't like the ipod. i have done my homework on mp3 players, i have went in to just about every electronics shop here and questioned the sales men to death - not one of them recommended the ipod to me and 2 of the shops had stopped selling them due to the amount that were being returned.

i fell in love with the sony mp3 players. i also really like sony. i like to go with a brand i trust. apple didn't sway me with the ipod, i read quite negative things about it even on interference i've seen quite a few threads about ipod problems.

my brother has this (nw-hd3)
B0006OQZNG.02.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

it came with some sonic software that he used to transfer his mp3s with on the comptuer but he didn't like it and changed it to itunes, i know nothing about this kind of stuff but he thought it was easy. it has a 30 hour battery life and holds 20gb - i only want something that's easy to use, long battery life and will hold all my songs because i won't have access to them for a year.

i want an mp3 player with lots of storage for when i move abroad so im keeping my eye out for prices going down (which they are, this has went down almost £100 since Febuary) because i can't really afford something flashy. i'm also hearing rumours about better mp3 players coming out soon so i keep holding out for something magnificent to come on sale before i leave.

ha, i can't think of anything i'd rather carry over my shoulder as i'm cruising the streets in da bronx.

but the next best thing is the i-river, in my opinion. i pretty much ordered one...the one that can supposedly hold 12 hours or so, of music. also gonna get me one of those fm things to go wit it, bitches!

Zoomerang96 said:
ha, i can't think of anything i'd rather carry over my shoulder as i'm cruising the streets in da bronx.

but the next best thing is the i-river, in my opinion. i pretty much ordered one...the one that can supposedly hold 12 hours or so, of music. also gonna get me one of those fm things to go wit it, bitches!

My ipod had close to 3 days worth of music on it.....:sad:

Bear - where were you on Tuesday night around 7pm EST?:mad: :mad:

My husband has the ipod, 20 gb and I have the iriver (he had offered to get me the u2 ipod for christmas) But after looking I wanted the IRiver its pretty user friendly, but it can play all kinda music files, that the Ipod cannot. It does not come with software to make playlists and stuff, but all you do is download winmap and tada, then load them that way.

Back
Top Bottom