Best Male Vocalists?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lazarus said:
Well pills wouldn't be emo enough. He had to go out in dramatic fashion to appease the fans.

Even though I can only tolerate Elliot Smith in small doses, I just can't believe that he would stab himself in the heart because it would be more dramatic.

But hey, there've always been the rumors that suicide as cause of death didn't add up and that the girlfriend looked awfully suspicious in the whole story.

God only knows how Conor Oberst would kill himself--the only certainty is he'd have some 100-piece band playing exit music while he does it, and would write the most pretentious wannabe-Dylanesque suicide note of all time.

Okay, that made me laugh. Which kind of negates my first paragraph, but oh well!

okay you fucking cunts are really getting on my damn nerves.. the isaac stabbing thing is really out of fucking line.. he was really fucked up at that time..and if you knew what he was going through and shit you wouldnt think it was so goddamned funny ..so until you can grow the fuck up fuck off! :madspit:

bonosgirl84 said:

Not just as a fan? As what? You were 17 three months ago!

:der:

What did he say to you this weekend?
more as a fucking friend thank you very much..and no im not sharing the details with ungreatful fuckheads here ..as for my age..seriously fuck off ..only if you knew what we did after the show HA!

...moving on...

Like in the female thread, some excellent choices here, too. I'd also like to add George Harrison and Simon & Garfunkel-maybe not the most powerful vocalists out there, but I always find their voices to be really soothing and relaxing and comforting, and always love hearing them sing.

Angela

lazarus said:

Well pills wouldn't be emo enough. He had to go out in dramatic fashion to appease the fans.

Forgive me if I sound so cynical, but I just find the whole conceit of it too precious to take seriously.

Like Modest Mouse using these obnoxiously pessimistic album titles like "Good News For People Who Like Bad News" (so fucking stupid I don't know where to start) and "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank" (oh you poor unfortunate souls, you).

God only knows how Conor Oberst would kill himself--the only certainty is he'd have some 100-piece band playing exit music while he does it, and would write the most pretentious wannabe-Dylanesque suicide note of all time.

dont fuckin get me started. everything you just said is so far wacked out of your damn ass its unbelievable. as usual.
well, what about your fuckin precious goddamn u2 and fucking fake-ass "I am holier than thou" bullshit bono then?!

blasting a band because of their fucking album titles? for fuck sake its a hell of a lot better than fucking "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" fucking fake ass pretentious, cheesy ass bullshit.
fuck that nonsense. yes, im doing it now, too.. but for the sake of making my damn point.

you are just a big goddamn hypocrit. sorry but people are truly pissing me the fuck off. get the fuck off your damn pedistal and go to hell then.

modest mouse, their music and isaac brock have a hell of a lot more integrity, honesty, and talent than damn bono or half of the other "artists/vocalists" mentioned on this damn thread. steve perry for fuck sake?!?! wtf?!?!

why the hell does everyone feel the need to jump down someones throat because they replied to a very nasty ass comment to begin with?
tanner never said shit to create the blasting she got. you guys are the ones that started it. if you dont like someone mentioned in the list.. then stfu, dont go making some outrageous, bizaare accusations.. such as calling someone a pedophile for christ sake. where the hell'd that come from??!?!
she's a freekin fan. i'm a freekin fan. we both go to their shows together. they're excellent shows. never have i ever heard of or seen isaac make any passes or whatever to any underage girls. nor did he say or do anything around tanner that would be so.

what happened was... we were all hanging out after a show.. me, tanner, and a male friend of ours whose also a fan, talking about the show, outside the venue and taking in the whole day's events. we got to talk to some of the other band as they were packing up the trucks and shit and isaac came out and talked to us for a bit. he remembered us from the other shows, and hes kind of familiar with us by now, id say, hah. anyways... he just made a nice comment that he thought we were really cool kids and shit like that and how he appreciated us being respectful and shit, and was after we were all just sitting around talking about bullshit.. like about his eye, music, the tour, other drunken nonsense. we all must've chatted with him for a good hour or so, on and off... and some of the other band members and fans. that was all. mutual respect. nothing else that your sick, demented minds may be gearing towards.

he never made any advances towards anyone, nor did we with him. nor have i ever witnessed him or anyone else in the band doing so. just a simple, friendly, fun conversation and goofing off. as we do everytime we see the band.

something u2 or bono would not do.
we treat MM like normal people they treat us with equal respect and just have a nice time chatting.

no, no one's fucking name-dropping or trying to look fucking damn better than anyone else because they chat and hang out with their favorite band or whatever. so, shove that.

Last edited:
in the meantime, lets all praise bono for being a pretentious, fake-ass, messianic, loud-mouthed pricky bastard, eh?
and his, god only knows, strange sexual trysts. i wont get into that, right?

and incase anyone of you fuckers trys to say that there was a sexual conotation to any of my modest mouse encounters well fuck off ..cause thats not the case..and it'd be none of your business anyway ..yes lets all go back to the bono loving ..so fuckin idiotic..and yes please ban me from this goddamn hell hole and the fucking idiots here

bono can just go straight to hell for all i care.

the end. its like some sick ass fucking cult.

but if anyone wants to turn this into a big fightfest.. bring it on, ive got plenty of ammo.

DJFungus said:

if you dont like someone mentioned in the list.. then stfu

I agree.

tanner sis needs to learn to do this herself. Remember this post?

tanner_sis said:

Notice who posted it?

Prior to that point there was no animosity in the thread at all.

I'm not defending u2popmofo's reponse because I think it was also immature and unnecessary (I think he would have done better to just ignore it completely), but tanner sis was the first to attack. And her attack was unprovoked and completely uncalled for.

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

Calm down...:(
um no..not when people are fuckin insulting me, my friends and people i care about when they dont know a fucking thing about any of it

maybe the band is human... regular people. ever think of that? unlike the fucking rockstar bullshit. unapproachable, "fans are of another, lower lifeform" type of mentality. hence, why we all have the interaction we do. and no, we dont go around 'stalking' them or harassing them... at all. besides, the type of convos we do have arent even fan-related. its just about random everyday shit or whatever.

but yeah, please dont get me started on bono being a saint and shit. like i said...

indra said:

I agree.

And tanner sis needs to learn to do this herself. Remember this post?

Notice who posted it?

Prior to that point there was no animosity in the thread at all.

I'm not defending u2popmofo's reponse because I think it was also immature and unnecessary (I think he would have done better to just ignore it completely), but tanner sis was the first to attack. And her attack was unprovoked.

indra.. we've bene through this before. remember?

u2popmofo may not have come right out and "viciously" attacked her, but it was underliningly ignorant all the same. so, it all comes around the same way. ya get what ya give.

And her attack was unprovoked.
pfft whatever! i think having my age thrown in my face and the "comprehensible" thing is enough to warrant my cause for reaction..

tanner_sis said:
pfft whatever! i think having my age thrown in my face and the "comprehensible" thing is enough to warrant my cause for reaction..

and your reaction was rightfully so. i think anyone would have reacted that way. seems people are very vicious towards anyone under age 25 around here. lots of prejudism, i'd say. and i say it stinks.

^^ yeah age is only a fuckin # and i probably have had more experience bad and good than any regular middleaged fucking adult around here.. im 18 so the fuck what..im a college graduate..living on my own 300 miles from home 2 days after i turned 18..Ive made my own life and shit..age dont fuckin matter

DJFungus said:

ya get what ya give.

and tanner sis is getting what she gave. So what is the problem?

She shouldn't run her mouth if she can't stand the response, and that is exactly what she did. She started this whole mess because she did attack someone else's choice of singer. That was rude and childish, as are her and your continuing attacks. I suggest you both leave this thread.

indra said:

and tanner sis is getting what she gave. So what is the problem?

She shouldn't run her mouth if she can't stand the response, and that is exactly what she did. She started this whole mess because she did attack someone else's choice of singer. That was rude and childish, as are her and your continuing attacks. I suggest you both leave this thread.

take a look at the thread again. and really look at it. tanner didnt attack anyone at first. she was technically attacked and prejudged first and she reacted. learn to read between the lines for fuck sake.

Moonlit_Angel said:
If people want to be treated like adults, perhaps they should try acting like them (*Is 23, and treated just fine here*).

Good lord. Chill, people...deep breaths...

Angela

Ha ha ha ha ahahahahahah!!

god, this place is full of hypocrits. did some of you just completely miss anything i said earlier? oh thats right. thats part of the mental illness.

:ohmy: this thread has gone way off topic

My faves:

1. Bono
2. Michael Hutchence
3. Iva Daivs
4. Freddie
5. Peter Garrett-not the best voice but love the passion in it
6. James Reyne- Because its always fun to try and pick what the hell he is singing about
7. Justin Timberlake-Not great but the way he says "hey" and "yeah" are catchy
8. David Bowie-My latest discovery and new love
9. Bryan Ferry
10. Gavin Friday

tanner_sis said:
..and yes please ban me from this goddamn hell hole and the fucking idiots here
:eyebrow: Well, you and DJFungus are both making excellent progress towards that goal, though I'm a bit stumped why you're bothering to browse and post here in the first place if that's how you feel about it. Other members manage all the time to respond critically to posters who made mildly condescending comments about their age, or flippant jokes about their favorite singer's psychological problems, without resorting to ranting about other posters being "fucking cunts," "fucking idiots" and "fuckheads" who need to "shut the fuck up" and "fuck off and go to hell," all of which, it should go without saying, violate the forum rules. If you're having issues with particular other members you're welcome to contact myself or any of the other mods privately about it, but these kinds of public personal attacks are not acceptable, regardless of what was said to you.

I'll leave this thread open so long as it returns to (and stays on) the thread topic, but the back-and-forth insults, from all sides, need to stop now.

187409657_a7b28276cd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom