Best live band or singer other than U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The OOTS said:
Best live acts I have seen other than U2:
Muse and Pearl Jam :drool:

Pearl Jam are simply amazing live...three times so far for me :drool: To those who haven't seen them, I'd love to throw you all on a plane to check out a gig...you'd be instantly convinced of their greatness!

angelordevil said:

Pearl Jam are simply amazing live...three times so far for me :drool: To those who haven't seen them, I'd love to throw you all on a plane to check out a gig...you'd be instantly convinced of their greatness!

Word.

angelordevil said:

I love your avatar! :love: I remember seeing that poster in stores once. I suppose the photo is from a Ten or Versus tour. :drool:

Zootlesque said:

I love your avatar! :love: I remember seeing that poster in stores once. I suppose the photo is from a Ten or Versus tour. :drool:

From the Vs tour :drool:

pearljamc10111689wo8.jpg

It's a hard poster to find these days...I bought an original years ago as a gift for my cousin, who is also a big fan. I really should've bought one for myself, as well :coocoo:

There's so much great PJ photography out there now that really captures their spirit and live energy...I found this one in a recent concert review :drool:

pearl5_22067e.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention Green Day...I'm not a huge fan, but I saw them live and WOW, they are sure good. Extremely energetic, lots of audience interaction...they actually brought up members of the audience to form an entire band!! I highly reccommend seeing them live even if you're just a casual fan :up:

StoneRoses said:

I was gonna post a different clip that really showed how well the stone roses could play but i couldn't find "i am the resurrection" on you tube .
Having said that though i still believe the stone roses had a better guitarist, a better drummer and better singer than U2 have. Im not disagreeing with you that there are probably 20 bands better than them live, there may well be, but from what ive seen the stone roses were an amazing live band and id rate them above U2 easily.

:scratch:

I saw Metallica back in 1999, it was an amazing concert, lots of energy, great performance, it was awesome.

Wilco and Arcade Fire, in this order, are the best ones I've seen. Maybe even better than U2 live..... well, I like the intimate atmosphere of their concerts more than a huge stadium where Bono is a little dot on the horizon...

gump said:
Wilco and Arcade Fire, in this order, are the best ones I've seen. Maybe even better than U2 live..... well, I like the intimate atmosphere of their concerts more than a huge stadium where Bono is a little dot on the horizon...

I'm going to see Wilco on 8/24. Now I expect nothing less than to be fully impresssed.

Talented- I would have to say U2 even if its not allowed..

Entertaining- Kiss, hands down, because every single song, everyone knows the words to and signs along to... Also this,

00i.jpg

Peter Gabriel is a terrific live performer, as is Springsteen.

I also enjoyed the hell out of a David Byrne show at Seattle's Bumbershoot festival in the late '90s.

I like African music a lot -- Oliver Mtukudzi is also an amazing performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom