Best live band or singer other than U2? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:41 PM
Late 80's Depeche Mode, no question about it. Check out "101".

(I was there at the Rose Bowl)

Old 07-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13
And for something completely different, what about Madonna? She's an incredible performer. Whether she's rolling around on the floor in a wedding gown, or hanging on a mirror-covered cross and indirectly preaching about Africa (yes, she is becoming the female Bono).

Or you know, my favourite, when she's singing Like A Virgin while pole-dancing on a black leather horse saddle

The woman puts on some of the best shows ever. I especially love the past 3 tours because of her guitar work. The acoustic guitar she played for "Nothing Fails" during the Re-Invention tour was my fav., but I did love her rocking out on the Gibson last summer on "Ray of Light" and "I Love New York". She also improved so much as a live singer from the Girlie Show tour to Drowned World tour that it's almost unbelievable. I think her vocal training for 'Evita' gave her a lot more confidence vocally. Honestly she and U2 put on the best shows I've ever seen for 2 completely different reasons.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Madonna gave a great performance for the MTV video music awards a couple of years back.....Gorillaz had the opening nailed and they she appeared.....excellent performance...you see that?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by RedrocksU2
Madonna gave a great performance for the MTV video music awards a couple of years back.....Gorillaz had the opening nailed and they she appeared.....excellent performance...you see that?
I did! That was the Grammys last year, though, wasn't it? That's the only time I've ever seen the Gorillaz open for her. It was awesome!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

that's right
Old 07-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band is just a great time. It's one big house party.
This is without a doubt the correct answer.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:51 PM   #22
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoIsMyMuse

I'm starting to wonder if he might even be better than the Edge
Impossible!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:51 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:41 PM
Quote:
I'm loving the sarcastic replies to this thread, by the way Some people have nothing better to do, it seems.
I'm sorry. It's only human of me to assume a thread listing Linkin Park as the "best live band other than U2" is indeed a joke thread. I just wanted to be in on the joke and try to get some major lolz.

Please forgive me.

(Edit: And yes, Nels is better than Edge.)
Old 07-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Queen / Freddie Mercury

[/thread]
Old 07-12-2007, 02:12 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
I really love Linkin Park
me too Linkin Park rules and their new album is really good. it would probably stand out more if it hadn't come out in one of the best years for music in recent memory

the little things give you away is an amazing song ... reminds me of Radiohead a little bit actually maybe i'm crazy but it shows that LP is capable of a serious mellow song and that Chester does indeed have quite a nice singing voice the end of the song is so great i ask people to listen to that song and forget for a minute that you're listening to Linkin Park.

as for the original topic... probably the best concert I've been to besides U2 was Bloc Party. They're very energetic live and it was just so much fun rockin out in GA up front. I love bands you can jump to practically the whole show i'm seeing them again in september

I'm really looking forward to seeing Muse. Based on youtube clips I'd say they are the best live band (along with U2). It's cool how they'll add stuff to the songs live, like U2 does.

Wilco is another great band live. Arcade Fire is good too but frankly I don't get why everyone seems to think they're the second coming of Jesus or whatever. I mean, they are good live, but they're not the best I've seen but they're still very young and show much potential.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #26
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
You know, it's not the sort of thing that's safe to say on Interference, but I've already done my share of defending them here, so all of my skeletons are out of the closet. But. I really love Linkin Park

I'm actually pretty burned out on a lot of the songs from their first two albums (especially the singles), probably because I overplayed them all to hell when I was an emo-ridden teen, but they really are great live.
Chester Bennington gets so into the songs that he just goes out of control. Sometimes he's just throwing his body violently around, stuck in the emotion of the song. And oh how I love the way he screams

I thought they sounded good at Live Earth Tokyo.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #28
Refugee

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Muse and Arcade Fire. And I'm sure I'd love Queen if I had the chance to see them when Freddie was alive...

To see Muse live for the first time was quite an experience for me... I waited years (like U2) and I was completely blown away, it was even better than I imagined it would be. The setlist had everything I could hope for (I almost cried when I heard the first notes of Citizen Erased), the crowd was amzing and they were at their best too...

Arcade Fire was probably the most emotive concert for me... THeir songs mean so much to me and I actually cried (I'm so lame sometimes...) I want to see them again as soon as possible!
Old 07-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

In all seriousness, though, Muse or Arcade Fire.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #30
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band is just a great time. It's one big house party.
I love you, Jim Halpert.