Best job you ever had......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
Bartending was mine.....:drool: ...I did it for 3 years.

Free booze
Cash EVERY night.
Free food
Free booze
Good company....most of the time...:huh:
Free booze :D

One problem, I would waste half of the tips I made that night after my shift was over, when the rest of the bartenders or servers would go to another bar...:reject:

Soif13.gif

RedrocksU2 said:
Bartending was mine.....:drool: ...I did it for 3 years.

Free booze
Cash EVERY night.
Free food
Free booze
Good company....most of the time...:huh:
Free booze :D

One problem, I would waste half of the tips I made that night after my shift was over, when the rest of the bartenders or servers would go to another bar...:reject:

Soif13.gif

I can totally relate - I worked at a pub in London for a short while while I was going to university there and the customers always bought us drinks which we were allowed to drink - the barstaff was always trashed by the end of the evening - the pub closed at 11:00 and we all went to another bar that was open later to continue drinking :lol:

Working the parking lot at the beach during the summers off from school.

A typical busy summer day went like this:

Arrive at 8am
Parking lot fills up by 10am
Lounge in the sun rest of day

'Twas very fun...

:D

DJ. I did it part time for a few years then went full time. I worked for a couple of companies based out of London, who installed sound and light equipment, mostly in 5 star hotels, and rotated DJ’s ever 6 months. I worked all over Europe, Scandinavia and the Middle East. I did that for all of the 80’s (my 20’s), then I spent 3 years in SE Asia working out of the Singapore office. Brilliant job (back when everything was curable!)

When I first arrived in the States I did some morning radio work too.

Best jobs - Ever.

Last edited:
phanan said:
Working the parking lot at the beach during the summers off from school.

A typical busy summer day went like this:

Arrive at 8am
Parking lot fills up by 10am
Lounge in the sun rest of day

'Twas very fun...

:D

Sounds like a trip. :sexywink:

Best job I've ever had? I'd say the one previous to this current one. I still see my friends/former co-workers almost daily, and they were the best part of the job, so I can't really complain. :D

I do enjoy my current job, but the most fun I ever had was when I was working as an events coordinator. Planning parties for people with large budgets was always a blast!

My favourite client was a mom who was throwing her 6 yr old daughter a b-day party. Her budget was $10 grand!! :drool: That was the most fun I've ever had running an event. It was a costume party, and since I was overseeing everything, I was there as the fairy godmother. Man, that was incredible. I need to go back and find some of the pictures. There was everything from bouncy houses, slides, clowns, balloons, a DJ, food, the list goes on and on. You name it, we had it.

It was just so unbelievable that someone would spend $10 grand for a little kid's birthday party. Let's just say this family was psychotically wealthy.

Those were some good times! :D

Chizip said:
a blowjob

:ohmy:

I really wish I could say I liked a past job...but let's face it I wish I could sit on my ass all day and look pretty. I have never liked to work and most likely never will :shrug:

Chizip said:
a blowjob

I bet there's a lot of turnover. :p

I have only held 2 jobs (not including the time I worked at McDonalds for 2 weeks, just enough time to place my 2 week notice :yuck: so that doesn't count ). I've been working at a coffee house for 5 yrs now, and it has its perks. It's starting to wear on me though after being there for so long. Anyway it's a nice college job, very flexible plus you get to meet a lot of people.

Sea World during the summer :happy: I'd walk into the empty park in the morning, stop by the Dolphins to say hello, swing over to the penguins to say hello to them, and then hang around arcade and carnival games all day acting like a carnie. Oh, and yes I did get to learn the secret of how to win at games like ringtoss and those water races. :giggle:

I forgot to mention that I met my best friend while working there. :happy:

My current job is by far the best! I truly love what I do, it's the best pay I've ever received, I have very good benefits, 13 paid holidays a year, and I like every single one of my co-workers. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom