Best James Bond Theme Song!?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Bond song

• James Bond Theme: from Dr. No; 1962. performed by Monty Norman Orchestra

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • From Russia With Love: 1963. Matt Monro

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Goldfinger: 1964. Shirley Bassey

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Thunderball: 1965. Tom Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Only Live Twice: 1967. Nancy Sinatra

• We Have All the Time in the World: 1969 from On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Louis Armstrong

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Diamonds are Forever: 1971. Shirley Bassey

• Live and Let Die: 1973. Paul McCartney and Wings

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • The Man With the Golden Gun: 1974. Lulu

• Nobody Does it Better: from The Spy Who Loved Me; 1976. Carly Simon

• Moonraker: 1979. Shirley Bassey

• For Your Eyes Only: 1981. Sheena Easton

• All Time High: from Octopussy; 1983. Rita Coolidge

• A View to a Kill: 1985. Duran Duran

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • The Living Daylights: 1987. A-ha

• License to Kill: 1989. Gladys Knight

• Goldeneye: 1995. Tina Turner (written by Bono and the Edge)

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Tomorrow Never Dies: 1997. Sheryl Crow

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • The World Is Not Enough: 1999. Garbage

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Die Another Day: 2001. Madonna

• Total voters

Danospano

Refugee
One of the staples of every James Bond film is the theme. So were better than others, but now it's time to pick the best overall.

I can never resist Lulu and also Shirley Bassey. Overall, the ladies do much better on a Bond theme song as there has to be the sex appeal.

One weekend, I am going to sit through as many Bond movies as I can.
Crap, even I am aware of how dorky this sounds.
:reject:

Maybe it's better when a moderator makes a poll out of this one. And you shouldn't forget On Her Majesty's Secret Service (the instrumental theme song to that movie).

BTW, my pick would be Goldfinger. Although the James Bond Theme is damn cool too! :cool:

C ya!

Marty (has the CD The Best Of Bond... James Bond which has the first 18 tracks plus On Her Majesty's Secret Service)

HUGE poll!!!

:applaud:

What a work of art :love:

I've added multiple votes for folks lke me who have many loves, and equal ones at that :D

I hope you dont mind this dano

yours sincerely,
bond dork

Angie, this is the CD I have, only with different cover art:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/104-0564075-8887959?v=glance&s=music

The cover I have is this one:
cd-best-of-bond-1999.jpg

Great CD. My sister and I like to listen to this one during road trips. And sing along with them. :shifty:

C ya!

Marty

Angela Harlem said:
HUGE poll!!!

What a work of art :love:

I've added multiple votes for folks lke me who have many loves, and equal ones at that :D

I hope you dont mind this dano

yours sincerely,
bond dork

Gee, so I can vote for more than one song? Can I also vote multiple times (when I remember once again the greatness of another theme)?

:)

Marty

OK, so I ended up with 4 votes. The original theme (1:40 of pure bliss), Goldfinger, We Have All The Time In The World and Goldeneye (sorry, my U2 fandom kicked in :reject: ... :D)

hmmm, for some reason it only allows multiple votes on the first vote.

i did tick it, cos i put 3 different votes in.

that's balls. it should let people vote multiple times, as in whenever!

The original will always be the best....

BUT...as for songs that have been reated as the "title" for the movie....I love the Duran Duran "View to a Kill" :up:

Live and Let Die, hands down
A View to a Kill is second, sadly the song was the best part of that movie(boy can that Tanya Roberts act)

:hmm: I don't think I saw every Bond movie or heard all the songs but Live and let die, Goldeneye and Goldfinger are my top 3 probably.

(to me, Die another day from Madonna was the worst one)

I picked three: Goldfinger, Live and Let Die, and Goldeneye. I limited my voting to only three, but I would have added "Nobody Does It Better", and possibly "Diamonds are Forever".

My favourite - Live and Let Die

'When you were young and your heart was an open book, you used to say live and let live. You know you did, you know you did, you know you did'

I wouldn't necessarily call Madonna's Die Another Day a bad song. It wasn't a James Bond song though...

except for the butchering of American Pie it's the worst song she has recorded the last 15 years though :slant:

1976!!!
:faint:
I vividly remember going to the drive-in to watch the latest James Bond movie and really really enjoying the opening sequence, the colours, the song . It was so languid. That is the one that left the biggest impression. Nobody Does It Better......
Of course I love singing along with Shirley on GOLD fingeeeeeeeeeer.
I heard a rumour that Orlando Bloom is being considered as the new Bond...James Bond

according to a old friend of mine that is huge James Bond fan, Tomorrow Never Dies is the best and Live And Let Die is second

:shrug:

The World Is Not Enough - an absolutely amazing song :drool: Most are very good but TWINE beats them all hands down, it's awesome.

I have that Bond CD and it's great but it has every song up to but NOT including this one :mad:

Had to go with "A View to a Kill."

I remember hearing that it was the only Bond song to go to #1 on the (U.S.) charts...can anyone confirm?

HeartlandGirl said:
I remember hearing that it was the only Bond song to go to #1 on the (U.S.) charts...can anyone confirm?
yes. it was like 5/14/85 or something i think. (i only know the date because i have a billboard #1 hits book, relax.)

best bond song ever and yes, even i can admit the movie sucks donkey balls. (a little bit of trivia - because i know you were all wanting to know this - them doing a theme song would've never happened had john not been such an obsessed bond fan. he ran into cubby broccoli at a party and talked his ear off and pretty much begged him to let them do a theme song.)

Back
Top Bottom