Best Inxs song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favourite Inxs Song

• Never Tear Us Apart

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • By My Side

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Need You Tonight

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Dont Change

• Original Sin

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Kiss The Dirt (Falling Down the Mountain)

• Disappear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What You Need

• Devil Inside

• I Send A Message

• Beautiful Girl

• Taste It

• Let It Ride

• Heaven Sent

• Baby Dont Cry

• New Sensation

• Listen Like Thieves

• The Gift

• Elegantly Wasted

• Mystify

• Suicide Blonde

• The Strangest Party (These Are The Times)

• Good Times

• Burn For You

• This Time

• To Look At You

• Black and White

• Kick

• Just Keep Walking

• other one (if this one is not comprehensive enough!)

• Total voters
ah yes, just about Australia's biggest band of all time (dont quote me on that)

unfairly aligned as Australia's answer for Bon Jovi, U2 or whatever, they knew how to rock with their own brand of straight forward rock tunes

and Bono is totally right, Michael Hutchence was a great singer

so sad how people end their life well when they have everything to look forward to

but go nuts and vote for your favourite all time Inxs song of all time!

I've so been thinking about INXS lately because they played Michael Hutchence's "Behind the Music" two days ago.
I adore this band so it is really, really hard for me to choose one song of theirs that I like best or think is the best so I will instead make a list.

The Stairs
Don't Change
Mystify
Never Tear Us Apart
Searching

It is difficult for me to chose just one.

I chose Kiss the Dirt, but I also love This Time, Burn for You, Devil Inside, Never Tear us Apart, Listen Like Thieves, and By My Side. I also really loved a Hutch song from the Dogs in Space soundtrack ( which I cannot find for the life of me!!!) called "Rooms for the Memory".

I loved INXS so much. I still don't listen to their music much ( haven't since MH died). It's just too much of a bummer for as much as I loved the songs. I just get SOOOOOOOo pissed off. What a waste.....

:no: :no:

This is almost as bad as trying to vote for your number one U2 song! I can't even vote for a number one song off of a U2 album. It really depends on the mood you are in.

I picked "Never Tear Us Apart", but it was a hard choice. I :heart: INXS! A couple other faves are "Shine Like It Does" and "The Stairs".

i too picked "never tear us apart." it was the song that really got me into inxs. when i was a little kid (1987-1990ish) my mom would take me to the local record store, peaches, every so often. she'd give me like $5 to spend to buy 7" record singles. remember, they were like $1 at the time so i could still buy several. :D

i bought inxs' never tear us apart. i also have singles for what you need (i must've bought that later, since i was two when it came out lol) and uhh...i believe it's new sensation. the b-side is guns in the sky, so, just pick whichever was a single.

me getting into inxs is largely due to my aunt, who also helped get me into U2. (she always told me michael hutchence and bono were the two hottest men in rock, but since bono was married she'd take michael hutchence. so before i was even a fan of U2, i knew this mystical bono person was married!) an awesome band, and it's a tragedy that michael's charisma and great voice had to be silenced too early. i never got to see them live. :(

seeing them now wouldn't be the same.

KhanadaRhodes said:
an awesome band, and it's a tragedy that michael's charisma and great voice had to be silenced too early. i never got to see them live. :(

seeing them now wouldn't be the same.

I had the unbelievable luck of seeing INXS' last LA show in July '97. Michael Hutchence was a phenomenal performer, it was impossible not to watch him because he was so beautiful and graceful and amazingly sexy and just knew how to work it! And through the most ridiculous stroke of luck, my friend and I got into the after party and I was face-to-face with the man, of course I was nearly petrified and could do nothing more than laugh and smile at him. He was maginificent in person! I could not get over how great he looked and this was like 10 years after the video for "Never Tear Us Apart," aside from having darker hair, he looked the same. Awesome!!

I can kind of understand the other INXS guys wanting to continue because making music is their job and what else would they do, but I think it would have been better not to use the INXS name anymore. So much of what made that band great was Michael Hutchence's words and voice and presence, and it just feels lame and sad to have an INXS without him there.

i love INXS. my vote went for other. My favorite song is "The One Thing" that was the first song I ever heard from INXS when I was kid an just feel in love with Michael Hutchence because of that video. Grant you i was kid when that video came out, but man did that sex appeal come through.

There were two concerts that I wanted to see so bad when I was middle school and was not able to do so because my parents told me that I was too young. Those concerts were The Joshua Tree Tour and Kick. :scream: God bless Michael's soul.

never tear us apart
new sensation
original sin
listen like thieves
kick
the one thing
mystify
beautiful girl
what you need
the gift
i send a message
devil inside
mediate
kiss the dirt

personal faves:

not enough time (and the sexiest video of all time)
heaven scent
the stairs
elegantly wasted
johnsons aeroplane
one x one
guns in the sky
to look at you
disappear
taste it (another aherm..sexy clip) :eek:
the strangest party
the swing
hear that sound

too many more!
oh i was lost for words in your arms
attempting to make sense
of my aching heart
if i could just be everything and everyone to you
this life would just be so easy

not enough time
for all that i want for you
not enough time
for every kieessss
every touch
and all the nights
i want to be inside you

inxs6

inxs.jpeg

rr-img-inxs.JPEG

I always adored this pic..
inxs_mirror.gif

inxs.gif

2_280x200.jpg

What You Need, live is one of the best songs ever.
Did you mean The Loved One when you said Just Keep Walking? Not being picky, I have a poor memory :D Their cover of that song is great I think. I have only heard the Loved Ones version a few times, but a cool song.

I'd go so far as to call them Aus's best band too. Fantastic stuff. Not many I dont care for at all.

Back
Top Bottom