Best intro for teams??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quite easily, the Chicago Bulls intro circa 1992-1998.

Ray Clay was truly one of the great PA announcers in sports.

The whole damn NBA now bases their intros on what the Bulls started doing a decade and a half ago.

The Detroit Pistons come out to The Final Countdown. I might not like the team very much, but that's hands down the best thing ever.

LemonMacPhisto said:
The Detroit Pistons come out to The Final Countdown. I might not like the team very much, but that's hands down the best thing ever.

Yeah...I'm gonna have to disagree.

90s Bulls coming out to Sirus...:drool:

namkcuR said:
Quite easily, the Chicago Bulls intro circa 1992-1998.

Ray Clay was truly one of the great PA announcers in sports.

The whole damn NBA now bases their intros on what the Bulls started doing a decade and a half ago.

QFT. That was the best intro in all of sports with the music, the lighting and the announcer: AND NOW, YOUUUUR WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO BULLS!!

On a local level, two years ago, they would play Streets as the Montreal Canadiens hit the ice. That was awesome! However, the next year thet switched to a continuous loop of Fix You:huh:

I've only seen the Sixers' intros live (on TV almost all of them don't work). The best one they had was during their Finals run in '01 with "Right Here, Right Now" by Fatboy Slim, aided by the always entertaining Matt Cord, who announced then small forward Jumaine Jones as, "JU .... MAINE ....... Jones."

LemonMacPhisto said:

I'll second that, but it's not unprecedented:

250pxgobwithajobga8.jpg

phillyfan26 said:
I've only seen the Sixers' intros live (on TV almost all of them don't work). The best one they had was during their Finals run in '01 with "Right Here, Right Now" by Fatboy Slim, aided by the always entertaining Matt Cord, who announced then small forward Jumaine Jones as, "JU .... MAINE ....... Jones."

Chicago Bulls-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rYFlzJyxWlw

Gonna go with Bulls also:up:

that song haunts me to this day... i never thought the bulls intro was great, but it was obviously memorable because i can still recite the whole "from north... caaaaaaarolina" thing, all these years later.

i suppose you'll always be partial to your own team, but i always loved the knicks intros... not because of the intro music, which despite being cheesey still gives me goosebumps, but because of Wally Walczewski, the Garden's long time PA announcer... whom IMO is the best in the biz...

every knick fan that was alive in the 90s can still quote word for word wally's PA intros...

"aaaaaaaaaaaand at center at 7 feet from georgetown... #33... co-captian PAAAA...TRICK... EWING..."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PhU78odSwM4

i must say, semi related, john tesh's NBA on NBC theme song completely blows away anything that espn, abc, tnt or whoever puts together today. in fact, other than TNT's studio show with chuck and jet, NBA broadcasting today pretty much blows ass.

the only thing worse than knick games without marv albert are playoff games without marv. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom