Best Films of '07 - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2007, 09:08 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:37 PM
I still have some to see and I barely rented any DVD's this year but some of my favorites were

Gone Baby Gone

Michael Clayton

Enchanted

Waitress

Bourne Ultimatum

3:10 To Yuma

Hairspray-sorry, I liked it

I saw so many in the theaters that most of them are just a fuzzy memory on the last day of 07

Old 12-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:37 AM
Zodiac
Into the Wild
Darjeeling Limited
Lives of Others
Paris J Taime (sp?)
Superbad
Ratatouille
Rescue Dawn

honorable mentions:
Bourne Ultimatum
Waitress
Sweeny Todd

I missed A LOT of movies this year
Blockbuster will be friend in the months to come

Old 12-31-2007, 11:25 AM   #33
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
Did you pay to see it 9 times?

Because spending that much time in the theatre seems contradictory to the story's message in a way, doesn't it?
Your questions are so strange. As if enjoying Into The Wild so much somehow makes me some kind of disciple of the teachings and philosophies of Chris McCandless?

Or were you trying to be funny and I missed it?
Old 12-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84

Your questions are so strange. As if enjoying Into The Wild so much somehow makes me some kind of disciple of the teachings and philosophies of Chris McCandless?

Into The Pwnage.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:30 PM   #35
Neon Zebra

Well I don't mean to be rude but I actually thought the questions were beneath someone of his intelligence level.

Apparently, my "spending so much time in a theatre" contradicts the story's message but so does living in a house, driving a car, having a job, keeping a good credit score, and staying in touch with my family.

I'm just not sure what one has to do with the other.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:34 PM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Well I don't mean to be rude but I actually thought the questions were beneath someone of his intelligence level.

Imagine what you might say if you actually meant to be rude? Such potential here.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:04 PM   #37
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by monkeyskin

The general situation and first two thirds of the film is very, very funny, but then the action packed final act just drags. It's an interesting idea and perhaps if they had distributed the supermarket shootout, country lane chase and model museum one on one throughout the film it would have worked better, but as it is it's just overload. The actual conspiracy plot was also crap.

Edgar Wright needs to grow as a director too, he's kept the exact same style and technique from Spaced and while it was OK for Shaun of the Dead it just doesn't work all the time here. TV ain't the same as cinema.

But I did LOL loads in the first two thirds and actually preferred it on my second viewing knowing exactly how the shift in tone works. Too many moments to list but it's great having a cast that constantly made my mates and I think, "Oh look it's _______!"
I don't know, I think it needs to work like that, with the overload at the end. It's like a punch in the face and pat on the back to Michael Bay at the same time.

The conspiracy plot wasn't great, but it was funny that it wasn't that complex plot Angel had thought he had figured out earlier.

I enjoyed it more on second viewing, too. One thing I had missed before was the cuss jar and it's selective editing of the words. Amazing little shot.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:11 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Maybe I'm just a freak, but I didn't find Hot Fuzz very funny at all. I mean I chuckled a couple times, but no lulz.

I think the parody was just way too obvious and self-conscious. And then when that doesn't work, I'm left with a bad mystery story with a boring 30-minute action sequence at the end.

But like I said, there were a few moments I thought were clever, and I thoroughly enjoyed Timothy Dalton's character, but other than that...
Old 12-31-2007, 01:39 PM   #39
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

It was partially a joke? Obviously I know you're intelligent as well and that you're not some drooling Emile Hirsch stalker or something. But by the same token, I would find it hard to believe that one could be that big a fan of the film and not be charmed by McCandless' viewpoint a little. Not the burning all your money and automobile and cutting off everyone you know part, but the part about getting away from the urban grind and embracing the outdoors and what nature has to offer.

Think of it in this dramatization:

"Hey BG84, let's go on a camping trip this weekend!"

"Actually, I was thinking of going to see Into the Wild for the 9th time. I just can't get enough of one man's epic journey to discover the natural world around him."

That's what popped into my mind when I read your post, and thought the scenario was funny. So please don't be offended.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:55 PM   #40
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus

It was partially a joke? Obviously I know you're intelligent as well and that you're not some drooling Emile Hirsch stalker or something. But by the same token, I would find it hard to believe that one could be that big a fan of the film and not be charmed by McCandless' viewpoint a little. Not the burning all your money and automobile and cutting off everyone you know part, but the part about getting away from the urban grind and embracing the outdoors and what nature has to offer.

Think of it in this dramatization:

"Hey BG84, let's go on a camping trip this weekend!"

"Actually, I was thinking of going to see Into the Wild for the 9th time. I just can't get enough of one man's epic journey to discover the natural world around him."

That's what popped into my mind when I read your post, and thought the scenario was funny. So please don't be offended.
Thank you for the explanation. It is actually pretty funny to think of it that way. The internet fails to translate at times.

Luckily for me, I manage to be both a frequent movie-goer and an avid outdoorsperson (paddling, mostly.)

It's all about balance (and not canoeing at night)
Old 12-31-2007, 02:08 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:37 AM
1. The Darjeeling Limited
2. I'm Not There
3. No Country for Old Men
4. Knocked Up
5. Juno
6. Superbad
7. Lars and the Real Girl
8. Zodiac
9. Black Snake Moan
10. Sicko

I didn't get to the theater as much this year as I normally do.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:20 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

I know you're a huge Wes Anderson fan, but really? #1?
Old 12-31-2007, 02:21 PM   #43
Blue Crack Supplier

"...but we are not 2, we are 1."

Took those Kinks lyrics a little too seriously.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:37 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Old 12-31-2007, 02:44 PM   #45
Blue Crack Supplier

I think it would cool to organize our own Interference Awards ballots this year. Not only compile the 10 Best lists, but we can do the categories like the Academy: list your Top 3 picks in each category and there's some kind of weighted total.

Then we can come out with an official nomination ballot and have everyone vote for the winners.

Of course, this would come into competition with our inevitable legitimate Pick The Oscar Winners contest, but it would more fun.