Best Female Vocalists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CrashedCarDriver said:
Sia furler - listen to the songs 'Breathe Me' and her effort on Zero 7's tracks 'This Fine Social Scene' and 'Distractions'

:up: :up:

Weird, I was just talking about her, like, two minutes before I read your post. She also does a gorgeous cover of The Pretenders' I Go To Sleep. Love her both solo and with Zero 7.

Moonlit_Angel said:

Cool-I'll have to try and hear that sometime :).

Jenny Lewis is good, too, yes. I've only heard a couple Rilo Kiley songs, but I like 'em. "Silver Lining" sounds better each time I hear it.

Angela

Silver Lining is the silver lining of a very uneven and disappointing album.

It's definitely a change from their previous albums, but I like it. :shrug:

But I do really like Rilo Kiley's other albums, and also Jenny Lewis' album "Rabbit Fur Coat." It's got a countryish feel, and great harmonies from the Watson Twins (whom I'd never heard of before, but like their contributions to the album).

Yeah, I remember reading a review of their latest album and noticing mention of how different it sounded. I've only heard the one song from it, but I'll keep an eye out for any other songs off it that get played, see if it's worth checking out :).

Thanks to VintagePunk, got to hear that Sia cover-very gorgeous indeed. I really liked it :up:. She's another one I'm kinda curious to check out based on the couple songs I've heard by her ("Breathe Me" is so haunting...I love that song).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom