Best Dancers in music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont know if this belongs in the just the bang and the clatter or here

but anyway, since the mtv revolution on music, people have seen music totally differently in music, especially with the visual of DANCING!

anyway what is your opinion on the best and the worst dancers in music history

best

Michael Jackson- definitely
Prince
Madonna- great body as well :drool:
David Byrne of Talking Heads - great advertisement to promote schizophrenia!
Underworld's Karl Hyde
Shaquille O'Neal- for a 7'2" 400lb man?! hes a marvel, though i think he needs some lessons on how to rap

Dishonorable Mentions
Bono
Thom Yorke- thats just disturbing
Liam Gallagher

BONO!!! No one can move like him!! I'm in awe of his artistry when it comes to dancing... many times have I tried to dance like him to no avail! BONO :drool: when he's Dancing or gyrating!

ELVIS.. no one moved liked him! Those hip thrusts! :yes:

:D

Oh my god are you kidding me?

I love Bono, but I'm sorry the man cannot dance. :laugh:

Bono's dancing????

Three words....

"I Will Follow"

:lmao: :heart: that vid...

Bono is in a dancin' league all his own...and I like it!!!! :dance: :D

Kylie minogue can really move her hands around well

but I think Rita Mc neil takes the cake

no pun intended

Prince is the king...no one tops him IMO...
I reallly like Kylie (for obvious reasons) :D

BTW, I didn't know Liam Gallagher even danced...every time I saw him on stage, he either spent his time sneering, or looking pre-occupied with someone in the audience (while sneering, usually).

im sorry, but some of you need to get your heard out of the box. i know were in a u2 forum with u2 lunatics, but that does not excuse the stupidity displayed when drooling over bono, PARTICULARLY about something such as his dancing.

hes not a dancer. when he dances, people beg him to stop. if you have some sort of crush over him, go over and write a story about it in pleba.

as for the real dancers, theres little question that justin timberlake can dance.

there are many.

im sorry but the whole mentality of bono this bono that really sickens me to the point where i want to puke. forgive me for reacting so harshly.

:sexywink: :sexywink:

Oh dear!

daisybean said:
Mrs. Vedder please tell me you were joking about Mr. Art in Motion.

UM HELLO PEOPLE ... LIKE DUH.. OF COURSE I WAS JOKING!!!!! Sheesh.. can't believe you guys thought I was serious!! :rolleyes: :crack:

:wave: But I still wuv you all! Really I don't!! :p

u didn't want to read all that any way

did U?
my HUMBLE opinion...lost forever:sad:
to summarise...Fred Astaire..Michael Jackson
and lots and lots of honorable mentions.

shake it shake it shake it

michael jackson was absolutely untouchable in the old days.

i cant think that anyone could actually really think that there as a better dancer than him.

elvis....:drool: dancin

these days....tho i dont want to.. i think justin timberlake:mac: is a good dancer...jesus theres somethin i NEVER thought id say!

but just to clarify....NOBODY DOES, OR COULD EVER, BEAT MICHAEL JACKSON

y'all have seen Smooth Criminal right?

Gene Kelly...ever see him dance? Rent Singin' in the Rain. His tapping blew my freakin mind. I cannot do that.

As for today, yeah, despite you know, him being pop and all, Justin Timberlake is a great dancer. I don't know if he choreographs himself, but trust me....as a dance teacher, I have taken many a dance move from his videos. Even my little kids love him.

And Kylie. Shit, can that girl mooove.
And Shakira can shake it shake it shake it.

coolhandlaura said:
michael jackson was absolutely untouchable in the old days.

but just to clarify....NOBODY DOES, OR COULD EVER, BEAT MICHAEL JACKSON

y'all have seen Smooth Criminal right?

I agree, Michael Jackson is/was the best dancers in pop music of all time. I really dig that Smooth Criminal video. One of my favorites from him. I wish he did more of those.

I'm so glad you all said MJ too :yes:
Is it the Smooth Criminal clip where there are 3 young kids outside the warehouse whingie and the little boy says "I taught him all he knows" and then does a fantastic impersonation of him?? its brilliant whichever clip it is!

I also agree Bono cannot dance, glad you were joking Mrs Eddie!!

zooropamanda said:
Yes thats the one Angie
and it was one of the best dance sequences of any video around.
Although, he had his feet strapped into ski boots for that leaning part. :D

hey
hey hey
thats my childhood video ok?? i will ALWAYS believe that that was not skiboots/camera trick!! he did it!

yeah its an absolute classic...when i was a kid i used to go down my stairs like him, i always wished we had stairs like that:( :wink:

is it just me or is he Fine in that vid?i think so, but then again it could be just the childhood thing comin out!! love love love the cream suit tho!!

"i taught him everything he knows!"

you know the other little dude is john lennons son?

ps-that video gave me my fear of spiders!

Back
Top Bottom