best/cheapest way to fly to ireland/uk from USA in june?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
Please don't move this thread even tho its about the tour... i'm asking for advice on traveling an i need it here so everyone sees it....

I want to see the band in uk/ireland...

I was looking at airfare from Phoenix, Arizona and it's outrageous.. like $1100 on british airways.

would my best bet be to go to NYC or LA (i can for cheaper, family in airlines).. an then go to uk/ire from there? if so, any ideas on airlines an best places to buy tix offline an online? I will fly to uk if they play there first, then go to ire to see them an vice versa.. but it will depend on tour dates too. IF they do play ire/uk dates right by each other... cheapest way to get to there an back?

any ticket websites i should check besides orbitz, ba.com, united.com, aerlingus.com?

thanks for any help in advance...

The only thing I can offer is that, the prices from June through august with be significantly higher than during the offseason. If the guys are touring there during that time, I dont think you're going to have much luck in getting anything much cheaper. I'm going to Ireland on Oct 10 for my honeymoon. It's the first week of the offseason, and I cant believe how much cheaper it was for the difference of a week... less that 400 bucks roundtrip from Boston to Shannon. Good luck in your search though.....

Try Aer Lingus because they just reduced all of their business class rates. The rates are for one-way tickets but the price I heard on the radio was $200 from NYC to Dublin. When I went to Dublin I paid $129 from Dublin to LA direct in econo class and Dublin to NYC (and vice versa) was $99 each way.

You really have to shop around for a good fare, especially in the peak seasons, but you can usually find a decent one if you look enough. If you're a student (or under 25, I think) try STA (www.statravel.com) or Student Universe (www.studentuniverse.com). If you register with Travelocity, you can set up a thing where they'll send you emails when a fare drops below a certain price, and most airlines' websites have a place where you can enter your email address to get updates on sales. It's also worth looking into flying to LA or NYC since they're included in all of the sales when smaller cities sometimes aren't. Cheaptickets.com and lowestfare.com sometimes have good fares, and Icelandair (http://www.icelandair.com/) usually have cheap flights.

Back
Top Bottom