Best Birthday Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regina Filangie

The Fly
My birthday isn't until Wednesday, but my husband suprised me with an early present this morning-we're going to Ireland on April 13. We had planned to go about 3 years ago, and were just about to buy tickets when we had a family emergency that caused us to postpone.
In my defense, this isn't a U2 stalking trip either, I've wanted to go to Ireland since I was little.
Anybody that's been care to share any tips ?

avoid the chocolate! it's disgusting.
if you get a taxi anywhere, find god and pray. seriously. taxi drivers are mentally unstable.
be prepared for everyone to smoke in the streets. there's just no avoiding it.
and the people are all thin and gorgeous.
there's no fast food.

i was only there for 3 days and only in dublin, so i'm no expert, but that was my rushed impression! i dont think i can fit in any more gross generalisations :D

it's so pretty, and the people are funny and lovely. my only tip is to relax and just go with it.
happy birthday, also!
:up:

My tip would be go get out into the countryside. I've been there twice and some of the places I loved were the Ring Of Kerry, Dingle, Galway, Mayo, Knock Shrine. I loved the countryside much more than Dublin. I only stayed in Dublin for a couple of days the first time I went.

Go to a beach somewhere, the beaches there are beautiful.

I liked staying in a rental house/cottage there as opposed to hotels, when I went that was much cheaper though and my Mom paid anyway.

The last time I was there was in the 90's, I hear it has changed quite a bit since then. I'd love to go back someday.

JCOSTER said:
Congratulatons what fantastic gift!!!

Hope you have a wonderful time!
I know there are threads, I think in PLEBA about others who have ventured to Ireland. Maybe there's information there that can help you.

MrsSpringsteen said:
My tip would be go get out into the countryside. I've been there twice and some of the places I loved were the Ring Of Kerry, Dingle, Galway, Mayo, Knock Shrine. I loved the countryside much more than Dublin. I only stayed in Dublin for a couple of days the first time I went.

Go to a beach somewhere, the beaches there are beautiful.

I liked staying in a rental house/cottage there as opposed to hotels, when I went that was much cheaper though and my Mom paid anyway.

The last time I was there was in the 90's, I hear it has changed quite a bit since then. I'd love to go back someday.

Yes please go to the Country side. I went back in 2004 and I want to go back and live there forever!!!. I loved Doolin. A Tiny village next to the Cliffs of Mohr and a launching area to go to the Aaran Islands.

Back
Top Bottom