Best Beatles Song Survivor - The Final Draw - GRAND QUARTERFINAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• A Day In The Life

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Strawberry Fields Forever

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Here Comes The Sun

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Hey Jude

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
COBL_04 said:

Piggies, Savoy Truffle, Long Long Long all > Here Comes the Sun?? :eyebrow:

are you kiddin man?

Nah, I find these tunes to be so much more interesting and exciting, particularly the lyrics.

Here Comes The Sun is sweet, but that is pretty much all...

Piggies is genius, as is Long Long Long. LLL in an extremely subtle way.

I find it strange and disturbing that, while SFF has 9 votes, only one person admitted they voted for it. Hey Jude has 10, but pretty much everyone who voted for it has posted here. :hmm:

I hope not. I'm looking forward to seeing the Here Comes The Sun vs SFF match up next round.

I call upon Interferencers everywhere - we need two more votes for SFF to make it a single SFF elimination! Two more votes for SFF!

Or if you want to look at it another way - SAVE HEY JUDE! TWO MORE VOTES FOR SFF! SAVE HEY JUDE! TWO MORE VOTES FOR SFF! SAVE HEY JUDE! TWO MORE VOTES FOR SFF! SAVE HEY JUDE! TWO MORE VOTES FOR SFF! SAVE HEY JUDE! TWO MORE VOTES FOR SFF!

namkcuR said:
I call upon Interferencers everywhere - we need two more votes for SFF to make it a single SFF elimination! Two more votes for SFF!

I thought we had similar taste!!! :mad: :(

Seriously, what don't you like about SFF? I think it's one of their best songs ever if not THE best. :drool:

phanan said:
A Day In The Life is going to win, so let's do the triple elimination and get it over with.

I'm voting for Here Comes The Sun.

But it SHOULDN'T win. ADITL is really, really overrated here. It's a great song, but it's barely top 10 all-time Beatles. I'd rather any of these other three win the competition.

Zootlesque said:

I thought we had similar taste!!! :mad: :(

Seriously, what don't you like about SFF? I think it's one of their best songs ever if not THE best. :drool:

It's not that I don't like SFF. It's great. It's just that Hey Jude is better. And SFF is the closest song to it in terms of votes. I want to save Hey Jude.

And I don't want ADITL to win the whole thing.

namkcuR said:
The final should be Hey Jude vs Here Comes The Sun.

No way! :lol: Hey Jude is interesting for about half the song until the na na's start. And then I generally just skip to another song after the 8th na na. :crack:

As for HCTS, it's a very pretty summer-y ditty but that's it. I don't think it's one of their greatest ever. :shrug:

It really just pisses me off seeing so many people treating a brilliant classic like Hey Jude like it's some Linkin Park turd or something.

Well, it made it to the final four, didn't it? Of ALL the Beatles songs? I'd hardly call that a turd.

LemonMelon said:
Here Comes The Sun owns :drool: Who keeps voting for it? :huh:

I'm guessing.. those who think it's not as good as ADITL or SFF. I'm one of those people. :wink:

And who said anything about Linkin Park? :huh: Hey Jude is a good song! I just don't think it deserves to be alive this far into the game. Only an opinion.

Zootlesque said:

And who said anything about Linkin Park? :huh: Hey Jude is a good song! I just don't think it deserves to be alive this far into the game. Only an opinion.

:yes: Hey Jude doesn't make me want to go postal or anything, but it's pretty bad compared to those other classics. :shrug:

Zootlesque said:
Actually I wish Penny Lane and Walrus were up here too. :slant: Too bad MMT had to be so awesome!

I was thinking that earlier...if it were up to me, the top four would look like this:

Strawberry Fields Forever
Penny Lane
You Never Give Me Your Money
Ticket To Ride

Obviously, that didn't pan out. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom