Best Beatles Song Survivor - The Final Draw - GRAND FINAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your FAVORITE Song - This Is For ALL THE MONEY!

• A Day In The Life

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Strawberry Fields Forever

Votes: 23 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I missed a lot while I was at work all day, but I'm glad to see the way you worked it out. As DaveC said, there may be others who missed the deadline as well, so this is the most fair way to go, even though only one new vote has been cast so far. :lol:

I was really on the fence about the vote, but then yesterday morning I listened to the songs again several times. And as much as I love love LOVE Strawberry Fields, ADITL is so epic, so monstrous, so huge. I had to vote for it.

It's clear that the longer you have a poll running, the more people are going to vote for ADITL. Strawberry Fields is a little more complicated and doesn't go down as smoothly.

I'm actually surprised it survived as long as it did, let alone tied for the win in the first final round. I can't help but be slightly disappointed, but in the end, I can only thank the stars that one of McCartney's cheeseballs didn't take the whole thing.

lazarus said:
but in the end, I can only thank the stars that one of McCartney's cheeseballs didn't take the whole thing.

I love McCartney, but I agree that having Hey Jude or Eleanor Rigby as champion would have been painful. :yikes:

Get down girl, go 'head get down
Get down girl, go 'head

Hey, bitch got one leg, ain't that still good for some sympathy?

And how do you know Macca isn't at least half the maniac she's painting him to be? It's not unfeasible.

I don't suggest looking into John Lennon's personal life too much.

We all know George Harrison is the saint of that Beatles bunch.

But surely, we digress. This contest is about appreciation of the Beatles music.

Thanks a lot for running the contest, namkcuR -- it's been fun!

I always thought A Day In The Life would win this contest. That Strawberry Fields Forever came so close was a fun surprise. But I think A Day In The Life is a fitting winner.

lazarus said:

And how do you know Macca isn't at least half the maniac she's painting him to be? It's not unfeasible.

Bitter ex-wives are a fountain of truth, aren't they ?

Even if there may be grains of truth, there is no excuse releasing painful and deeply personal tapes, and especially no excuse for bringing up the dead Linda into all this.

Do you have some personal vendetta on Paul ? Just curious, considering the amount of venom you come up with. I guess you won't have a problem if some Daddy John quotes re: Julian come up ? I wonder what Cynthia has to say on him, too.

I'm just glad they all got together when they did and magic happened when they wrote music.

The difference is that John never claimed to be normal, well-adjusted, sane, etc.

The image of Paul as the nice, easygoing, normal one has always been rather misleading.

Whatever happened between Paul & Heather should stay there. I don't think Heather should be threatening to release audio tapes, no matter what. She's going to get a huge settlement. Why not take it and move on. No matter what Paul may or may not have done, he's a beloved icon around the world and nothing she says/does will change the hearts and minds of many. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom