Best Beatles Song Survivor - 'The Beatles AKA The White Album' Draw-Final(TIEBREAKER)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your FAVORITE Song

• While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Blackbird

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Well, the Final round of the White Album draw ended in a tie - 14 for Blackbird, 14 for WMGGW.

A tie usually means both songs get eliminated, but this is a final round, so that can't happen. So, I've decided that the easiest and simplest way to resolve the matter is to open another poll and and let voting continue for another 24 hours. The combined totals will be used to decide the winner - but since we're starting with a tie, that just means whichever song gets more votes in this tiebreaker round will advance to the Final Draw.

[size=+3]I would ask that we try to keep the voting in this tiebreaker restricted to those who haven't voted yet in this round.[/size]

[size=+4]AND REMEMBER, VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE SONG![/size]

Lila64 said:
I say add Dear Prudence back into the mix :grumpy: :wink:

:yes:

And I akin this to the tied Grand Final between the Kangaroos and Collingwood in '77. The first match was tied, but when it was replayed the Kangaroos absolutely blew the Maggies out of the water. Using this analogy the Kangaroos are Blackibrd, and the Pies While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

I desperately what Guitar to win but I'n not sure that it will.

Everytime I checked the last poll it was even. 11-11. Three hours later it's 12-12. Three hours later it's 14-14. :madspit:

It's probably a good thing I can't vote again, since I'd likely just end up voting for the wrong song again.

:wink:

I voted a second time, but hey, I voted for the wrong song last time anyway...I wanted a second chance. :wink:

Wait a second, was your wrong vote changed to Blackbird in the last poll?

If it wasn't, then Blackbird is the winner.

Oy vey! It's still tied :huh:

I say if it's still a tie at the end of this round, do like they do it in regular survivor:

count up the votes against each song in the previous polls and whichever one has the least amount of votes wins...

neither of these songs will win the whole tourney anyway, so add 'em both!

i'm still bitter over tomorrow never knows, guys.

a day in the life should win the whole contest, or across the universe.

any other winner is a false winner. :angry:

Hey Jude is a great song on headphones, I hate how it just fades though after the amazing crescendo.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Hey Jude is a great song on headphones, I hate how it just fades though after the amazing crescendo.

Hey Jude's melody is beyond amazing. Once I start singing the melody, I can't stop. Every time.

Paul is at his best with melody.

Paul is at his worst, imo, when he tries to be all 'rock', and he ends up sounding Jerry Lee Lewis-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom