Best Beatles Song Survivor - 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' Draw - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With A Little Help From My Friends

• Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

• Getting Better

• Fixing A Hole

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • She's Leaving Home

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite!

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Within You Without You

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Lovely Rita

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • A Day In The Life

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
When I'm Sixty-Four was eliminated last round.

Voting Results:
11 - When I' m Sixty-Four
10 - Within You Without You
3 - Lovely Rita
2 - Fixing A Hole, She's Leaving Home
1 - Getting Better, Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite!
Total votes = 30

Already Eliminated From The Competition:

79.When I'm Sixty-Four
78.Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band(Reprise)
77.Good Morning Good Morning
76.Tomorrow Never Knows
75.I'm Only Sleeping
74.For No One
73.Here, There, And Everywhere
72.And Your Bird Can Sing
71.Taxman
70.Good Day Sunshine
69.Yellow Submarine
68.She Said, She Said
67.Got To Get You Into My Life
66.Love You To/I Want To Tell You
65.Doctor Robert
64.Norwegian Wood(This Bird Has Flown)
63.Nowhere Man
62.Drive My Car
61.I'm Looking Through You
60.If I Needed Someone
59.You Won't See Me
58.Think For Yourself
57.Run For Your Life
56.Wait
55.Michelle
54.The Word
53.What Goes On
52.Girl
51.Help!
50.Ticket To Ride
49.You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
48.I've Just Seen A Face
47.You're Going To Lose That Girl
46.I Need You
45.The Night Before
44.It's Only Love
43.Tell Me What You See
42.Another Girl/You Like Me Too Much
41.Act Naturally/Dizzy Miss Lizzie
40.No Reply/I'm A Loser/Rock And Roll Music
39.Baby's In Black/I'll Follow The Sun/Kansas City/Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey
38.Every Little Thing
37.Words Of Love/What You're Doing
36.Honey Don't
35.Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby
34.I Don't Want To Spoil The Party
33.Mr. Moonlight
32.Can't Buy Me Love
31.And I Love Her
30.If I Fell
29.I'll Be Back
28.I Should Have Known Better/Things We Said Today
27.Tell Me Why
26.I'm Happy Just To Dance With You
25.You Can't Do That
24.I'll Cry Instead
23.Any Time At All
22.When I Get Home
21.It Won't Be Long
20.I Wanna Be Your Man
19.Roll Over Beethoven
18.Please Mr. Postman
17.Till There Was You/You Really Got A Hold On Me
16.Don't Bother Me/Hold Me Tight/Money (That's What I Want)
15.Not A Second Time
14.Devil In Her Heart
13.All I've Got To Do/Little Child
12.I Saw Her Standing There
11.Please Please Me
10.Love Me Do
9.P.S. I Love You
8.Do You Want To Know A Secret
7.Ask Me Why
6.Misery
5.Baby It's You/There's A Place
4.Anna (Go To Him)
3.Chains
2.Boys
1.A Taste Of Honey

Rules: Vote for your LEAST favorite song. This poll will be open for 24 hours, at which point the song with the most votes will be eliminated from the competition and the next round will be started. This process will continue until only one song remains in the 'Please Please Me' draw, and we move on to the next LP. And so on and so forth.

In the event of a tie, the tied songs will be eliminated together, UNLESS it is a tie between the final two songs in any draw, in which case the voting time will be extended.

Once again, if any of you don't have access to this LP and would like to hear the songs you don't know, tell me in this thread and I will link you up via PM to a zip file containing the whole album.

Let's up the voting for people - the more participation, the better!

WTF! Wasn't WYWY leading by like a gazillion points??? Something sure is fishy! Not that I care too much cos I love WYWY. :drool:

Last edited:
Must've been a last minute rush of anti-When I'm Sixty Four folk...

A good result for me, I prefer WYWY...

Fixing A Hole - hopefully all who are hoping that WYWY will stay for a while longer will all vote the same way...

No fucking way. WYWY was gone and someone obviously brought in a whole bunch of alters to vote for When I'm Sixty-Four. Come on, that's just pathetic and juvenile.

I didn't think it was possible, but I do believe I hate WYWY even more now. Might as well vote for it again. :happy:

It's even worse. Now I don't even like George Harrison anymore.

SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE????

:mad:

Gah, this is tough. They're all great songs. Might as well just throw a dart against the board.

I love them all close to equally, except A Day In The Life of course is on a higher level.

I picked Lovely Rita, but it could have been any of them.

You know, I'm not saying there was anything untoward going on with that last round, but if someone's creating alters and voting to skew the results, that's depressing.

That would take all the fun out of this (yes, even the arguing), and it would be ruined. :|

Zootlesque said:
I hope WYWY wins this Survivor. :drool:

I actually don't give a stuff anymore, because the song should have been eliminated in the last poll and someone - or more than one person - wasn't able to accept that. I checked that poll a few hours ago, maybe three hours ago, and the votes for WYWY far outnumbered the votes for When I'm Sixty-Four. There's no way that different people could have legitimately voted for the latter in such a short time frame before the round was closed. Using alters to skew polls is just dumb and completely defeats the purpose of creating a poll.

In my other online lives, I always heard them called "sock puppets."

It's so much more fun than "alters."

:wink:

GibsonGirl said:

I actually don't give a stuff anymore, because the song should have been eliminated in the last poll and someone - or more than one person - wasn't able to accept that. I checked that poll a few hours ago, maybe three hours ago, and the votes for WYWY far outnumbered the votes for When I'm Sixty-Four. There's no way that different people could have legitimately voted for the latter in such a short time frame before the round was closed. Using alters to skew polls is just dumb and completely defeats the purpose of creating a poll.

I completely agree.

Come on folks, WYWY was going to be voted off eventually. There's no way that it is the best song on Sgt. Pepper's.

Save all your alter tricks for A Day In The Life.
Jay Kay!

PlaTheGreat said:

I completely agree.

Come on folks, WYWY was going to be voted off eventually. There's no way that it is the best song on Sgt. Pepper's.

Save all your alter tricks for A Day In The Life.
Jay Kay!

Seriously! There's absolutely no way WYWY is the best song on the album. It would have made no difference if it had have been voted off last round. If songs like A Day In The Life, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds or With A Little Help From My Friends get voted off before Within You Without You because of someone with his panties in a bunch, I'm boycotting the rest of the competition. :mad:

All this talk of alters (sock puppets) being used to vote for a particular song is pure speculation...

Why would one use one at all, especially at such an early stage in the SGT PEPPERS vote? Why save WYWY when it's obviously going to be eliminated soon anyway. It's not as if it ever stood a chance of winning.

Mind you, if they ARE being used, it's a kind of depressing thought..:(

GibsonGirl said:

Seriously! There's absolutely no way WYWY is the best song on the album. It would have made no difference if it had have been voted off last round. If songs like A Day In The Life, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds or With A Little Help From My Friends get voted off before Within You Without You because of someone with his panties in a bunch, I'm boycotting the rest of the competition. :mad:

Maybe the ghost of George Harrison is roaming cyberspace...

GibsonGirl said:

Yeah.

I like seeing the better songs stay longer, which is why I'm voting off Fixing a Hole before Within You Without You. but want to see A Day in the Life and Lucy in the Sky... stay 'til the end.

I'd be a coward if I didn't confess.

I will say this: I do not intend on doing this as a regular thing. It is not my wish to skew the results of the competition in any kind of way that would actually alter the end results of either this draw or of the competition as a whole. My reasoning for doing it this past round is not about playing favorites. There have been PLENTY of occasions already in the competition where songs have been eliminated when I felt they shouldn't have been, but I never messed with anything. This was more about several people who said things along the lines of 'I might as well vote for WYWY because it's getting creamed' or 'I guess I'll just add one more vote For WYWY'. Yeah, the people that voted for WYWY and actually said, 'I voted it off because I don't think it's as good as the others' outnumbered those who said 'I might as well vote for WYWY', but that doesn't change the fact that the 'I might as well' people represented to me a certain complacency, a lack of thinking with one's own mind.

If you're just going to vote for whatever is getting the most votes already, what's the point? I don't like that method of deciding a vote, I feel it takes away from the competition, and I wanted to make that point loud and clear. So yes, I used alters to give When I'm Sixty-Four the win. Yes, I am aware of the irony that I used one result-marring tactic to voice my displeasure over another result-marring tactic. However, this was a one round thing. I absolutely do not intend on continuing to do this, as I certainly don't want to skew the results of my own survivor. I'm not running the thing to get marred results. I did this in one round, and I got rid of a song that probably would've been the next to go anyway. That's my story. At least I'm owning up to it and offering an explanation.

The moral: Vote for whatever you think is the worst song left. Don't just vote for whatever looks like it's going to win. That's what upset me.

Thanks for owning up to it, but that's pretty lame.

Maybe someone who said "I might as well vote for this" meant that they like all the songs on the album, so it might as well be that one.

namkcuR said:
I'd be a coward if I didn't confess.

I will say this: I do not intend on doing this as a regular thing. It is not my wish to skew the results of the competition in any kind of way that would actually alter the end results of either this draw or of the competition as a whole. My reasoning for doing it this past round is not about playing favorites. There have been PLENTY of occasions already in the competition where songs have been eliminated when I felt they shouldn't have been, but I never messed with anything. This was more about several people who said things along the lines of 'I might as well vote for WYWY because it's getting creamed' or 'I guess I'll just add one more vote For WYWY'. Yeah, the people that voted for WYWY and actually said, 'I voted it off because I don't think it's as good as the others' outnumbered those who said 'I might as well vote for WYWY', but that doesn't change the fact that the 'I might as well' people represented to me a certain complacency, a lack of thinking with one's own mind.

If you're just going to vote for whatever is getting the most votes already, what's the point? I don't like that method of deciding a vote, I feel it takes away from the competition, and I wanted to make that point loud and clear. So yes, I used alters to give When I'm Sixty-Four the win. Yes, I am aware of the irony that I used one result-marring tactic to voice my displeasure over another result-marring tactic. However, this was a one round thing. I absolutely do not intend on continuing to do this, as I certainly don't want to skew the results of my own survivor. I'm not running the thing to get marred results. I did this in one round, and I got rid of a song that probably would've been the next to go anyway. That's my story. At least I'm owning up to it and offering an explanation.

The moral: Vote for whatever you think is the worst song left. Don't just vote for whatever looks like it's going to win. That's what upset me.

The moral is that you cheated us out of a competition. It isn't your decision to decide what is fair and what isn't.
If people wanted to vote off WYWY, then that was their choice, plain and simple. Now you've ruined your credibility here and the entire contest will feel rigged by anyone who has the idea of creating alters to save whatever they want to save.

I wanted Tomorrow Never Knows to WIN, not just to survive a couple more rounds, and I didn't even use my one alter to help it along.

PlaTheGreat said:

The moral is that you cheated us out of a competition. It isn't your decision to decide what is fair and what isn't.
If people wanted to vote off WYWY, then that was their choice, plain and simple. Now you've ruined your credibility here and the entire contest will feel rigged by anyone who has the idea of creating alters to save whatever they want to save.

I wanted Tomorrow Never Knows to WIN, not just to survive a couple more rounds, and I didn't even use my one alter to help it along.

I haven't ruined any credibility because I'm not doing it again. You think I would continue to screw up my own competition? Why would I take the time to run the competition if I was just gonna screw it up? This was a one-time thing. Period. You or anyone else catches me doing it again, I'll end the competition. I swear.

And I don't know what Tomorrow Never Knows has to do with it. It got legitimately voted off. I voted one time in favor of TNN in the final of the Revolver draw and it still got eliminated. It sucked, but that's the way the votes came out. That has nothing to do with this draw.

Fixing A Hole has 4 votes? WTF? :huh:

And A Day In The Life has NONE? Now I have nothing to murmur about. :|

It's not so much that you did it, I mean if you had done it to be silly or stupid, or whatever, I mean we all do stupid shit on the internet.

But you did it to teach us a lesson, which is just :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom